What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

ewww@photo

also, watching new basketball anime.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Velma

My doctor managed to convince the insurance company that I need the Celebrex.  I pick it up tomorrow.  It has the potential for some pretty serious side effects, so I'll have to let the doctor know the moment I notice any of them.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

OldGit

Good luck, Velma!  Fingers crossed for no side-effects.

Velma

Thanks.  I'm hoping for that too - along with less pain.  Take my word for it - don't get arthritis.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Crow

Quote from: Sweetdeath on June 26, 2012, 06:15:31 AM
Recommend me a good anime series SD. I'd say my favorite that I have seen have been Cowboy Bebop and Paranoia Agent.

I have always wondered did the people who enjoy anime now and are in mid twenties to early thirties grow up watching Dragonball Z, with those who don't watch anime didn't watch Dragonball Z in their youth.
Retired member.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Crow on June 26, 2012, 12:28:04 PM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on June 26, 2012, 06:15:31 AM
Recommend me a good anime series SD. I'd say my favorite that I have seen have been Cowboy Bebop and Paranoia Agent.

I have always wondered did the people who enjoy anime now and are in mid twenties to early thirties grow up watching Dragonball Z, with those who don't watch anime didn't watch Dragonball Z in their youth.

Haha, i am mid-twenties who grew up with DBZ <3

What kind of genres do you tend to lean towards? Comedy? Supernatural? Shonen stuff like Aoi no exorcist and One piece?
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Firebird

We're leaving for vacation tomorrow, traveling around Europe for a couple of weeks, though I may check in every so often. A bit stressed getting everything ready and making sure the airline didn't screw up our upgrade (yes, we got upgraded on the first leg, though we had to fight tooth and nail to use our miles. Such a pain in the ass).
Hope you all enjoy yourselves while I'm away.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Tank

Quote from: Firebird on June 28, 2012, 11:54:07 PM
We're leaving for vacation tomorrow, traveling around Europe for a couple of weeks, though I may check in every so often. A bit stressed getting everything ready and making sure the airline didn't screw up our upgrade (yes, we got upgraded on the first leg, though we had to fight tooth and nail to use our miles. Such a pain in the ass).
Itinerary!!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

DeterminedJuliet

Nice! Have fun! Take pictures!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Amicale

Have a fun vacation, enjoy it! I second the request to take lots of pictures! :)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Ali

I'm soooo bored.  Somebody find me on Skype before I weep!

Firebird

Quote from: Tank on June 29, 2012, 12:07:46 AM
Itinerary!!!!

Istanbul and Brussels. My wife's Turkish, so we go almost every year, but I've never been to Belgium, so I'm psyched :) First time we'll travel elsewhere in Europe by ourselves. I'll post pics when we're back.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Firebird on June 29, 2012, 01:40:43 PM
Quote from: Tank on June 29, 2012, 12:07:46 AM
Itinerary!!!!

Istanbul and Brussels. My wife's Turkish, so we go almost every year, but I've never been to Belgium, so I'm psyched :) First time we'll travel elsewhere in Europe by ourselves. I'll post pics when we're back.

Ok, I feel insanely jealous right now. :(
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean

The Asmo is going on vacation in three weeks, he is. He will go north first and shortly after returning, will fly south.

... ...
... Bleh!

A bit of two minds about it as vacationing is sort of hard work. Were it up to me, I'd not do the five mandatory weeks of yearly vacation. Maybe one week - would be enough.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on June 29, 2012, 05:32:13 PM
A bit of two minds about it as vacationing is sort of hard work. Were it up to me, I'd not do the five mandatory weeks of yearly vacation. Maybe one week - would be enough.

As someone who longs for a vacation I can't help thinking, am I really reading this? :o
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey