News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

En_Route

Quote from: Ali on June 24, 2012, 07:33:44 PM
Just painted my toenails Gem Crush, Cha-Ching (red with silver glitter)

Looks like little tiny ruby slippers on my toes!  :D

PS: Please ignore the bizarre tan line on the tops of my feet.  Comes from going for outdoor walks every day wearing my Mary Jane-ish work shoes.

There is  quite a yawning gap there between your lower extremities. I'd check that floor out if I were you.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Sweetdeath

I love sparkly polish.

Just got up. I guess today is a cleaning day. Wish me luck XP
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Ali

Quote from: En_Route on June 25, 2012, 04:48:07 PM

There is  quite a yawning gap there between your lower extremities. I'd check that floor out if I were you.

I'm not exactly sure what that means, but that is the floor that will be ripped up (and is already partially ripped up) due to the Great Flood of '12.

Asmodean

Perfect!  :D There is a nifty little thunderstorm practically at my doorstep, so a friend and I are going flash hunting. Basically, biking in high terrain with minimal cover.

If I'm suddenly gone for two weeks, I'm probably being treated for electrical burns, so no biggie  :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

You'd better shape yourself into something pleasing before you go.  I'm picturing that if you get hit by lightening, it will "fire" your clay into a permanent ceramic structure.

Crow

Retired member.

Sandra Craft

Very cool picture.  Did they just win something?  Excuse my ignorance, I can be extremely female at times.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Asmodean

Quote from: Ali on June 25, 2012, 05:15:53 PM
You'd better shape yourself into something pleasing before you go.  I'm picturing that if you get hit by lightening, it will "fire" your clay into a permanent ceramic structure.
Disappointingly little lightning disappointingly far away.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Crow

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 25, 2012, 07:23:38 PM
Very cool picture.  Did they just win something?  Excuse my ignorance, I can be extremely female at times.

England lost but Italy won. Look in the crowd behind the goal.
Retired member.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Crow on June 25, 2012, 07:35:54 PM

So who is who among the athletes?  I assumed the guys in blue had won because they're in a big line hug.  Are they hugging in consolation?
Sandy

Tank

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 25, 2012, 07:47:37 PM
Quote from: Crow on June 25, 2012, 07:35:54 PM
Very cool picture.  Did they just win something?  Excuse my ignorance, I can be extremely female at times.

So who is who among the athletes?  I assumed the guys in blue had won because they're in a big line hug.  Are they hugging in consolation?
No. You have to look really really closely at the front row of the crowd pretty much in the middle of the picture. Somebody is trying to distract the guy taking the penalty kick!!  ;)  :D

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on June 25, 2012, 08:00:16 PM
No. You have to look really really closely at the front row of the crowd pretty much in the middle of the picture. Somebody is trying to distract the guy taking the penalty kick!!  ;)  :D

OK, that was almost completely Greek to me, and I'd need someone with a laser pointer to pick out the one guy doing something "odd"!
Sandy

Tank

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 25, 2012, 08:05:14 PM
Quote from: Tank on June 25, 2012, 08:00:16 PM

OK, that was almost completely Greek to me, and I'd need someone with a laser pointer to pick out the one guy doing something "odd"!
One guy has his shorts pulled down and he's not showing his arse!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on June 25, 2012, 08:20:19 PM

One guy has his shorts pulled down and he's not showing his arse!

OK, now I see it -- it's one of the guys with the peppermint hat.  (hey, in Wisconsin people wear cheese hats, I'm not making judgments)
Sandy

Asmodean

Half past three AM. Slightly bored. Nothing to do.  :(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.