News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crow

So I was watching Man vs Food again but the presenter was going through the origin of certain cheeses and came to cheddar and said American that's a load of nonsense its English and the reason its called cheddar is because that's where it comes from.
Retired member.

Ali

Cheddar is a place?!?  (Drifts off on thoughts of trees, houses, playgrounds, stop lights, even people and animals all made of cheese, while Ali frolics among them, taking bites out of random things.)

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Crow on June 24, 2012, 03:45:30 PM
So I was watching Man vs Food again but the presenter was going through the origin of certain cheeses and came to cheddar and said American that's a load of nonsense its English and the reason its called cheddar is because that's where it comes from.

I think "American cheese" is specifically those flattened cheeze-whizzy slices that come individually wrapped.  Horrible stuff that deserves to be distinguished from real cheddar.  I tried to make a grilled cheese sandwich with some once and it would not melt -- the bread turned into charred bricks but the cheese did not melt.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Sweetdeath

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on June 24, 2012, 05:06:35 PM

I think "American cheese" is specifically those flattened cheeze-whizzy slices that come individually wrapped.  Horrible stuff that deserves to be distinguished from real cheddar.  I tried to make a grilled cheese sandwich with some once and it would not melt -- the bread turned into charred bricks but the cheese did not melt.

I don't touch "American cheese" with a 10 foot pole. It's fake and bad for you like mostly everything in America.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Crow

Yeah that stuff is really nasty, shockingly so.
Retired member.

Crow

Anyone know how to do this origami by any chance?

Retired member.

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Crow

Retired member.

xSilverPhinx

I think "American cheese" is specifically those flattened cheeze-whizzy slices that come individually wrapped.  Horrible stuff that deserves to be distinguished from real cheddar.  I tried to make a grilled cheese sandwich with some once and it would not melt -- the bread turned into charred bricks but the cheese did not melt.

LOL

The stuff of cheap B-rated horror movies.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ali

Just painted my toenails Gem Crush, Cha-Ching (red with silver glitter)

Looks like little tiny ruby slippers on my toes!  :D

PS: Please ignore the bizarre tan line on the tops of my feet.  Comes from going for outdoor walks every day wearing my Mary Jane-ish work shoes.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

I couldn't help it, but I couldn't stop myself from counting your toes, just to make sure there were five on each side :D

DeterminedJuliet

That's such a fun colour, Ali! I like it!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

xSilverPhinx

I want to play video games...

Crow

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 24, 2012, 11:38:47 PM
I want to play video games...

Do it. I have been playing loads of Starcraft 2 recently, I refused to play it for years because of the image that Warcraft has (which I couldn't stand) but the game is seriously amazing especially if you like Firefly.
Retired member.