News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom62

Quote from: Crow on June 16, 2012, 04:40:43 PM
Has anyone been watching the Euro 2012. If so what are your predictions?
My prediction

Group A     Group B     Group C     Group D    
1stRussiaGermanySpainFrance
2ndCzech RepPortugalCroatiaEngland
QF1QF2QF3QF4
Winner     RussiaGermanySpainCroatia
SF1SF2
Winner RussiaSpain
Final
Winner Spain (1-0)
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Ali on June 16, 2012, 04:44:53 PM
Haha, I like that DJ had to suffer the consequences for my breakfast.  DJ, I would like to eat some Ben & Jerry's Late Night Snack ice cream if you would be so good as to take on the calories for me.  :P

Hahaha, I will take on the calories, so long as I get to take on the yumminess as well (though, I don't really know what that would leave you :P)

Our little family will be back in Newfoundland for two weeks a month from tomorrow. I can't waaaiitt. Husband's parents have a boat that we haven't been on yet, and we're going to spend a day on the water the day after we get back (complete with their Newfoundland dog -- the best of boating companions). Wee man will love it, I can't wait.  ;D
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

DJ, that sounds so fun!  Also, I love Newfoundland dogs, so huge and shaggy and adorable!

Crow

Maybe somebody can answer this for me as a very quick google search just brought up news stories but anyway enough rambling. Why do the NBA finals have so many games?
Retired member.

Ali

Because each game is a big money maker for the franchises. :D

Buddy

Ahhh rain. It is so nice to see it again after 4+ weeks without.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

OldGit

We've had very little but rain for months.  Fancy a house-swap?

xSilverPhinx

Just a while ago it looked as if the entire sky was going to transform into water and fall all at once, but...nothing. Odd place, one day it's 6 degrees Celsius and the very next it's reaching 30 degrees (yep, Celsius). Must be the work of the devil. Such amplitude in such a short time, you can't explain that.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

The Magic Pudding

Amicale is about to hit 1912 posts.

I'm playing the 1912 overture (reminiscent of but better than the 1812) on my glockenspiel in honour of the occasion.

Amicale

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on June 18, 2012, 03:41:27 AM
Amicale is about to hit 1912 posts.

I'm playing the 1912 overture (reminiscent of but better than the 1812) on my glockenspiel in honour of the occasion.

LOL, thank you!  :D

And I've never seen those flavoured things before!

One of my favourite coffees:

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Amicale on June 18, 2012, 04:34:59 AM
One of my favourite coffees:

You'd have to freeze it into an ice block to make it appropriate.

OldGit

Happy 1912th, Amicale!  I will make a loud noise in honour.

(Not saying exactly what sort of noise.)

xSilverPhinx

Feel like snooooooozzzzzZZzzzZZzzzzzzzzzzz....
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Amicale

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 18, 2012, 02:24:48 PM
Feel like snooooooozzzzzZZzzzZZzzzzzzzzzzz....

I feel like doing this, too! Alas, I can't. I'm happy about the reason why, though: I have my kiddo running around here with me.  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Crow

Quote from: Amicale on June 18, 2012, 02:29:42 PM
I feel like doing this, too! Alas, I can't. I'm happy about the reason why, though: I have my kiddo running around here with me.  ;D

They have gone an worn you out.
Retired member.