News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeterminedJuliet

Why are those bulbs illegal? Do they give off gamma rays or something?  :P
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Crow

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on June 14, 2012, 03:14:35 PM
Why are those bulbs illegal? Do they give off gamma rays or something?  :P
Quote from: Budhorse4 on June 14, 2012, 03:12:04 PM
What kind of bulbs are they? They are really pretty.

They are tungsten bulbs and have been banned in the EU to force people to buy energy efficient ones instead. Its also illegal to import them as well. [bud] if you look for vintage style tungsten bulbs you can find some rather amazing looking ones but you need to have them on a dimmer switch really to see the hectic filaments.
Retired member.

Ali

Ooooh, that would be awesome.  Then Crow could turn into a gigantic bird from the Atomic Age a la The Gigantic Claw.

DeterminedJuliet

Hubby is out for some drinks to celebrate his team's softball win. He sends me a text message and what does it request? That I take a picture of his model tardis and send it to him.  :D This is why I love him. 
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

I had to Google tardis.  Some sort of British phone booth?

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Ali on June 15, 2012, 04:58:14 AM
I had to Google tardis.  Some sort of British phone booth?
From Doctor Who. :D
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Buddy

Ali, you are the first person I have met on this forum who didn't know what the Tardis is.  :D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

christie

Studying for University exams :/
The earth can be summed up as this: Sunshine creates happiness, and I create myself. Nights are long and life is predominantly good. Wind is refreshing. Tea is wisdom. Do the best you can, and be good to yourself so that you can above all be good to others. ~Jessi Lane Adams

Sweetdeath

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Buddy

Quote from: christie on June 15, 2012, 05:54:46 AM
Studying for University exams :/

Oooh... Try not to slam your head repeatedly into a wall.

christie

The earth can be summed up as this: Sunshine creates happiness, and I create myself. Nights are long and life is predominantly good. Wind is refreshing. Tea is wisdom. Do the best you can, and be good to yourself so that you can above all be good to others. ~Jessi Lane Adams

En_Route

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on June 15, 2012, 03:03:02 AM
Hubby is out for some drinks to celebrate his team's softball win. He sends me a text message and what does it request? That I take a picture of his model tardis and send it to him.  :D This is why I love him. 

Because he has a model tardis?
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: En_Route on June 15, 2012, 11:59:21 AM

Yes.

En_Route

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on June 15, 2012, 01:19:47 PM
Quote from: En_Route on June 15, 2012, 11:59:21 AM

Yes.

I can see the allure, ok.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).