News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGit

SD, I hope so too.  Good luck!  I wonder why you're so tired.

BH. that's not much fun, having to move again, but at least you won't have the mould making you ill.

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Piratenerforsej

My future.. What should I be? What do I want to do? Where do I want to live?

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on May 21, 2012, 02:44:18 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 21, 2012, 12:40:58 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on May 21, 2012, 12:26:08 PM
Double anniversary.

Of what?
Something that happened the year before last  ;D

On this day, at the beginning of time, The Asmo joined HAF.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

Quote from: Asmodean on May 21, 2012, 03:11:19 PM
Quote from: Tank on May 21, 2012, 02:44:18 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 21, 2012, 12:40:58 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on May 21, 2012, 12:26:08 PM
Double anniversary.

Of what?
Something that happened the year before last  ;D

On this day, at the beginning of time, The Asmo joined HAF.

Oooh! I think a party is in order!  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Asmodean

Not really, beause the second half of the anniversary is that of... Well, Asmo, really. And that's just depressing.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

Happy....Anni...Asmo.   ;)

Buddy - That's so scary!  Thank goodness Athena was there to strike the fear of Dog into him!

AFM - Butterflies!  I am supposed to hear about that job today or tomorrow.  I'm pretty certain I got it (okay, more like 99.999% certain) but assuming they make me an offer I can't refuse, that means that I could be out of here within even a day or two (I will give them the customary two weeks notice, but I doubt they will take it since I am going to work for a client and I have access to way too much confidential info as long as I stay here.)  I've worked at this company for 9 years and in my current job for 6 years - it's comfy and well known.  *Takes deep breaths*

Tank

Quote from: Piratenerforsej on May 21, 2012, 02:52:27 PM
That's very deep! What are your desires? What are your options? Do they overlap?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

Yeah... Future... Work mixed with a specklet of vengeance, is what my plans are.

The rest has the tendency to sort itself out - in my life, at least.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Piratenerforsej

Quote from: Tank on May 21, 2012, 07:04:42 PM
That's very deep! What are your desires? What are your options? Do they overlap?

I want to be an engineer. After this  Higher Technical Examination Programme I think I'll go to some kind of University.
My boyfriend want to move to an other part of the country. It's not ecause I don't want to move with him, it's just that it's so far away from everything. Me friends, my familiy and all that. Maybe I could take university over there, but it's just a very big decision..
And it's just that... I don't know what to do  ???

Tank

Quote from: Piratenerforsej on May 21, 2012, 10:12:27 PM

I want to be an engineer. After this  Higher Technical Examination Programme I think I'll go to some kind of University.
My boyfriend want to move to an other part of the country. It's not ecause I don't want to move with him, it's just that it's so far away from everything. Me friends, my familiy and all that. Maybe I could take university over there, but it's just a very big decision..
When my kids were your age my wife and I encouraged them to keep options open. However one thing you should strive to do is keep the maths up. It's a highly valued and immensely transferable skill that will stand you in good sted all your life. I think moving with a boyfriend at your age isn't a good idea. Engineering is fun and a value crating occupation so one worth perusing. 

Amicale

Quote from: Piratenerforsej on May 21, 2012, 10:12:27 PM

*hug* I understand, it's a huge choice. One I've had to make myself. For a partner to ask you to move far away from family, friends and the life you know is very daunting, no matter how much you want to be with them. It's also not a decision anyone can make for you, really. It's rough. You can feel as though you're being torn in two directions. It happens to a lot of couples, especially for work or school reasons. Whatever you do, you need to choose the option that'll help you feel most fulfilled and further ahead in your life, longterm. For some, that may be moving to be with a partner, if it's long-term, serious and committed -- otherwise, you may find yourself stuck in a city alone, if it doesn't work out. For others, that may be choosing to stay closer to family, friends, a job, etc, which may have its limitations too, depending. If you want to talk or bounce ideas off anyone, I'm more than happy to listen, PM me anytime.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Asmodean

Being 27 may not be as bad as being 26, apparently. But one can not really judge a year by its first half-hour, can one..?

Thanks for the lack of happy wishes - I do despise all that celebrating getting older crap.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.