News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Amicale on May 07, 2012, 08:23:04 PM
((((Ali))))

please try not to beat yourself up over it, hon. Sometimes these things come up, and as bad as the timing is, this interview could be a very good thing.

I agree.

The ultimate good might out-weigh the good feeling T may have from having his mother present at a function that may not be remembered and might not be all that important in the great scheme of things.  Talking to T and presenting the situation may be more enlightening and beneficial to T and therefore be a life lesson that may be of even more importance.  IMHO, of course.

Ali

Thanks guys.  I know it's not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, I just hate feeling like I'm letting him down, and like I'm one of those parents that puts their careers ahead of their kids.  This is such a huge opportunity though, I know I have to just suck it up. 

En_Route

Quote from: Ali on May 07, 2012, 09:05:22 PM
Thanks guys.  I know it's not a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, I just hate feeling like I'm letting him down, and like I'm one of those parents that puts their careers ahead of their kids.  This is such a huge opportunity though, I know I have to just suck it up. 

I think you need a sense of perspective here. You are obviously a loving and devoted mother. He's one lucky boy. I don't think dropping out of one minor event will leave him with plagued with feelings of rejection throughout his adult life.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Ali

Quote from: En_Route on May 07, 2012, 09:28:58 PM
Quote from: Ali on May 07, 2012, 09:05:22 PM

I think you need a sense of perspective here. You are obviously a loving and devoted mother. He's one lucky boy. I don't think dropping out of one minor event will leave him with plagued with feelings of rejection throughout his adult life.

*rueful smile*  You're right of course.

Sweetdeath

Working hard and saving up my money to move out. Hoping to move by my birthday month.

Uncle is being three times the asshole lately. If i am.late to work cuz he has friends over past 11pm, i am.going to scream. I will not get fired cuz of him.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

xSilverPhinx

The reptile I have in my sights...it's been there forever and I want it removed.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Buddy

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 08, 2012, 03:23:45 PM
The reptile I have in my sights...it's been there forever and I want it removed.

Ooooh what kind of reptile? Can you ship it to me?  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

I would have to catch it first ;D

The poor thing is rather fragile, I don't think it can handle a long trip, otherwise I would in a heartbeat.

Ali

V for victory!

Interview moved to Wednesday (tomorrow), so I can still go to the Mommy & Me luncheon.  Also, I have scheduled a pirate to show up for T's 4th birthday next month.  Who's the best mom ever? Ali, Ali, Ali!  Who is the master of balancing work and family?  Ali, Ali, Ali!  ;D ;D ;D

Everybody wish me luck knocking their socks off tomorrow. 

Buddy

Quote from: Ali on May 08, 2012, 04:36:16 PM
V for victory!

Interview moved to Wednesday (tomorrow), so I can still go to the Mommy & Me luncheon.  Also, I have scheduled a pirate to show up for T's 4th birthday next month.  Who's the best mom ever? Ali, Ali, Ali!  Who is the master of balancing work and family?  Ali, Ali, Ali!  ;D ;D ;D

Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Ali!  ;D ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

xSilverPhinx

I would wish you luck, but it seems you already have it! ;D

Amicale

Quote from: Ali on May 08, 2012, 04:36:16 PM
V for victory!

YAY!!! *hug and a high five*  ;D You rock! T will love that pirate, and I'm cheering you on for the interview!!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Recusant

I wish you the best of luck! It's great to hear that you'll be able to attend the Mommy & Me function too.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

It's raining, The Asmo is dying from a kidney stone* and... General sourness. Yes, that's what's on me mind today.

*For those less medically literate, no, not really dying. For those more medically literate, no, no ultrasound - will pass on its own, apparently.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

Quote from: Asmodean on May 08, 2012, 05:29:30 PM
It's raining, The Asmo is dying from a kidney stone* and... General sourness. Yes, that's what's on me mind today.

*For those less medically literate, no, not really dying. For those more medically literate, no, no ultrasound - will pass on its own, apparently.

That sucks.