News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on May 04, 2012, 03:19:13 PM
Did he enjoy the clean up?

Very. He was like putty in my hands when I curried him.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

Quote from: Budhorse4 on May 04, 2012, 03:16:55 PM
I am so in love with this horse. In one week, he has proven himself to be easier to train than six months of work on Vinnie. In a week I've taught him to stand tied, lead, lunge ( go around in a circle with me in the middle, set up ( pose) for the judge, and get in the trailer with no problems. Having not been touched in about a year, he was pretty dirty, but with some elbow grease he is black and shiny.  ;D

Love!!!!!  *Big Cartoon Hearts Shooting Out of My Eyes*

Amicale

Awww, he's very sweet. I'd LOVE to pet him. I bet he just adored being curried.  :)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Amicale

This statue reminds me of DeterminedJuliet for some reason. Can anyone else see the resemblance?  ;)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Ali

^^Definitely a close relation!

OldGit, I meant to tell you yesterday!  I used Goose Stance on the evil geese.  They were yet again crowding the sidewalk and acting aggressive.  I was walking with my friend/coworker, and I had jokingly told her at the beginning of the walk that if we encountered any resistance we were going to impersonate geese.  One of them started hissing at me and flapping his wings, so I started flapping my wings and kind of hunching forward and hissing back at him.  My friend dove behind me yelling "NO ALI NO, YOU'RE MAKING HIM MAD!!!!"  But then the whole family ran away, the parents hissing over their shoulders at me as they went.  Worked a charm!

Tank

Quote from: Ali on May 04, 2012, 05:50:21 PM
^^Definitely a close relation!

OldGit, I meant to tell you yesterday!  I used Goose Stance on the evil geese.  They were yet again crowding the sidewalk and acting aggressive.  I was walking with my friend/coworker, and I had jokingly told her at the beginning of the walk that if we encountered any resistance we were going to impersonate geese.  One of them started hissing at me and flapping his wings, so I started flapping my wings and kind of hunching forward and hissing back at him.  My friend dove behind me yelling "NO ALI NO, YOU'RE MAKING HIM MAD!!!!"  But then the whole family ran away, the parents hissing over their shoulders at me as they went.  Worked a charm!
Get your friend to video it next time!  ;D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Crow

Gotta get me one o' these.

Also Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy dance is boss.
Retired member.

Tank

Quote from: Crow on May 04, 2012, 06:05:23 PM

Also Kate Upton doing the Cat Daddy dance is boss.

*faints*
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

Ali, I'm so glad you had fun with that.  It's a well-known trick, but at the same time so Pythonesque that you can't help laughing as you do it.

Budhorse, did you really say you were going to curry that horse?

Buddy

Quote from: OldGit on May 04, 2012, 06:41:13 PM
Ali, I'm so glad you had fun with that.  It's a well-known trick, but at the same time so Pythonesque that you can't help laughing as you do it.

Budhorse, did you really say you were going to curry that horse?

Curry is a grooming term that means to brush in small circles with a rubber or metal brush with nobs on it. It gets out the deep dirt and makes them feel good.

I bet horse curry would taste good though.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

It was hysterical.  After the threat was averted, we laughed til we cried.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Ali on May 04, 2012, 08:17:36 PM

Hahaha, I really need to see someone do this. Unfortunately, we're a little short of geese in my neck of the woods.  :-[
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 04, 2012, 08:20:49 PM

Hahaha, I really need to see someone do this. Unfortunately, we're a little short of geese in my neck of the woods.  :-[

Really?  We call them "Canadian Geese" so I would have thought you would be chock-a-block with them.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Ali on May 04, 2012, 08:25:04 PM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 04, 2012, 08:20:49 PM

It was hysterical.  After the threat was averted, we laughed til we cried.

Hahaha, I really need to see someone do this. Unfortunately, we're a little short of geese in my neck of the woods.  :-[

Really?  We call them "Canadian Geese" so I would have thought you would be chock-a-block with them.

I saw a lot of them fly through in the fall, but I haven't seen any since then  :( I haven't lived in Ottawa for a Summer yet, so they might come back. I will practice my Geese ninja moves just in case. I'll let you know if it works on the cats.  ;D
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 04, 2012, 08:36:26 PM
I saw a lot of them fly through in the fall, but I haven't seen any since then  :( I haven't lived in Ottawa for a Summer yet, so they might come back. I will practice my Geese ninja moves just in case. I'll let you know if it works on the cats.  ;D

Definitely.  And have the husband film it too.  ;D