News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amicale

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 03, 2012, 05:39:23 AM
Up late polishing a project for a deadline tomorrow. Everyone else in the house is asleep, including the kitties. Feeling a bit lonely (and procrastinatey).

Cheering you on for your project! Enjoy a cute kitty, in the form of coffee foam art.  :)

P.S. - Up late doing lesson plans. House is also quiet. My cat has spent the day running around like a banshee, and she's now passed out with her favourite stuffed mouse, under the kitchen table of all places.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

DeterminedJuliet

Aww, I like the kitty. I just finished my work (and I'm still wide awake) so I now feel compelled to Google "coffee art". Haha, thanks Amicale! :)
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Amicale

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 03, 2012, 06:34:38 AM
Aww, I like the kitty. I just finished my work (and I'm still wide awake) so I now feel compelled to Google "coffee art". Haha, thanks Amicale! :)

:D you sound like me, I get 'lost on the internet' all the time. I start off by looking at something for work, and somehow wind up searching for cute cats, coffee art, historical documents or random blogs. Which was how I started reading yours on blogspot, by the way. I'm a sucker for blogs. I like yours. Very thoughtful and interesting!  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Tank

Up late polishing a project for a deadline tomorrow. Everyone else in the house is asleep, including the kitties. Feeling a bit lonely (and procrastinatey).
Stop procrastinating!!! Right now!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Amicale

Quote from: Tank on May 03, 2012, 07:13:55 AM

I haven't even begun to procrastinate... when I get around to thinking about doing it, I'll maybe let you know, if I don't put it off...  ;D

DeterminedJuliet

;D

I've finished my work!
Now I've just got good ol' fashioned insomnia. How's the morning over in the UK?  
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Tank

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 03, 2012, 07:38:02 AM

;D

I've finished my work!
Now I've just got good ol' fashioned insomnia. How's the morning over in the UK?  
Dry, but showers due, chilly and windy. I think I've picked up conjunctivitis from my grandson so it's off to the quacks this morning.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

DeterminedJuliet

Aw, that's the thing about little ones. They're pretty cute, but awfully germy. 

Tank

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 03, 2012, 07:45:19 AM
You're telling me! His ability to produce snot is almost unbelievable. The worst bit is when he hacks up a great gob of mucus and the chews it to swallow it.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Tank on May 03, 2012, 07:48:37 AM
You're telling me! His ability to produce snot is almost unbelievable. The worst bit is when he hacks up a great gob of mucus and the chews it to swallow it.

Yeaaaah, our guy does that too. Between having him and working with sick animals for three years, I'm pretty much desensitized to any kind of grossness a person can imagine. I am told that children eventually grow out of the leaky stage, but I'm not sure I believe it yet.

In other news, I think I'm going to try to actually go to sleep! (a novel idea, I know). I will desist my incessant posting. For now.  ;D Nitey nite! or.. uh.. morning morning?!

Yes, I'm definitely getting to silly stage of sleep deprivation.

Tank

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on May 03, 2012, 07:57:17 AM
Quote from: Tank on May 03, 2012, 07:48:37 AM

Yeaaaah, our guy does that too. Between having him and working with sick animals for three years, I'm pretty much desensitized to any kind of grossness a person can imagine. I am told that children eventually grow out of the leaky stage, but I'm not sure I believe it yet.

In other news, I think I'm going to try to actually go to sleep! (a novel idea, I know). I will desist my incessant posting. For now.  ;D Nitey nite! or.. uh.. morning morning?!

Yes, I'm definitely getting to silly stage of sleep deprivation.

Good night.

Step away from the computer.

Go to bed  ;D

Asmodean

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on May 03, 2012, 05:49:11 AM
Quote from: Amicale on May 03, 2012, 05:17:22 AM

Ohhh, look at that -- suicidal penguin!

Penguins and polar bears, they are sort of from the opposite poles... So like... WFT?  ???
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on May 03, 2012, 08:52:36 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on May 03, 2012, 05:49:11 AM
Quote from: Amicale on May 03, 2012, 05:17:22 AM

Ohhh, look at that -- suicidal penguin!

Penguins and polar bears, they are sort of from the opposite poles... So like... WFT?  ???

Ph..O..T...O...sh...O...P

Asmodean

Well, obviously. I meant like... How come someone who is old enough to know how to use image manipulation software does not know those two animals are from completely different continents..?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on May 03, 2012, 09:08:56 AM
Well, obviously. I meant like... How come someone who is old enough to know how to use image manipulation software does not know those two animals are from completely different continents..?
They probably did know that Penguins and polar bears live at different ends of the world didn't they? But did they care? How much humour is based on absurd juxtapositions?  :)