News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Oh, a Caddy Escalade looks cool too... But it feels like it was made for a tenner using hammer and nails and drives like... Like... Titanic is the only thing that springs to mind. That, and old steam locomotives with no leading wheels.

... ... And that new Mustang. I was SO expecting more from that car.  :(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

As soon as I find out what's wrong with it, I'll see if it's an easy fix. If it is, then I'll just get it fixed. If it is going to be expensive, I sell.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Asmodean

A healthy attitude, that.

I really ought to get meself a ten years younger Old Rusty, but the wheels are still firmly attached to the old one and everything is sort of... Fine. Almost sad.  :(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Amicale

I own a 16 or so year old foot-brake bicycle.  :D Does that count?

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Buddy

Quote from: Amicale on May 01, 2012, 08:27:16 PM
I own a 16 or so year old foot-brake bicycle.  :D Does that count?

When I excersise the minis, I just hop on my bike and hold on to the lead rope.  :D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: Asmodean on May 01, 2012, 08:14:48 PM
Oh, a Caddy Escalade looks cool too... But it feels like it was made for a tenner using hammer and nails and drives like... Like... Titanic is the only thing that springs to mind. That, and old steam locomotives with no leading wheels.

... ... And that new Mustang. I was SO expecting more from that car.  :(

Don't get me started on my opinion(s) of American cars (post 70's)...  ;)

Asmodean

Ah, but do lets!  ;D

My general opinion is that many of them do look very well and have those big throbbing engines, but pretty much all of them feel cheap, can't go around corners at speed and use 1980-ish tech more often than not.

...And how is it possible for those engines, measured in cubic lightyears, to be so damned underpowered compared to Euroboxes?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Amicale

Quote from: Asmodean on May 01, 2012, 08:52:03 PM

My general opinion is that many of them do look very well and have those big throbbing engines, but pretty much all of them feel cheap, can't go around corners at speed ....

Are you sure you're talking about vehicles?  :D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Ali

Quote from: Amicale on May 01, 2012, 09:17:39 PM

My general opinion is that many of them do look very well and have those big throbbing engines, but pretty much all of them feel cheap, can't go around corners at speed ....

Are you sure you're talking about vehicles?  :D

*Snort*

AnimatedDirt

Ah, but do lets!  ;D

There's a reason American cars don't hold their value (again, speaking of cars after the '70's-ish) They are garbage.  I'll admit that they are changing for the better these days, but I'm still more inclined to spend my $$ more wisely on (1) German or (2) Japanese vehicles.  The Koreans are doing much better too.

Asmodean

Yes, you see, the Koreans tend to feel cheap and dreadful, but that is because they kind of are. They do not pretend to be something they are not, something I certainly felt both a 2007 Mustang and a 200-something Caddy Escalade did big time. One was pretending to be sporty, the other was pretending to be luxurious and both were aspiring to look expensive on the outside. At least with a Kia, you know you are getting... A Kia. No more, no less.

That said, Germans are good, but a BMW makes you look like a dick, a merc makes you look like a banker AND a dick, an Audi makes you look like a dick with no manner of eye for shape and Porsche design their cars with tracing paper.... AND make you look like a dick. That sort of leaves VW in my book, and a Golf makes you look like an 18 year old, a Caravelle makes it look like your life is over and you are waiting to die, especially in prosthesis white, Touareg is pointless and expensive... That leaves Passat and Phaeton (Notice how I'm not even starting on the Fox/Lupo nonsense)

Alfa Romeos are nice, but who has the maintenance coin to keep one..?  :(
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

.......And that's why I roll a Honda.  Makes you look as firmly unexceptional as you are.  :D

En_Route

Looking forward to the forthcoming Annual Shoelace Collectors Convention.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Recusant

Quote from: En_Route on May 01, 2012, 10:14:38 PM
Looking forward to the forthcoming Annual Shoelace Collectors Convention.

Are they going to have a seminar on carbon fiber aglets?
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

Quote from: Ali on May 01, 2012, 10:08:38 PM
.......And that's why I roll a Honda.  Makes you look as firmly unexceptional as you are.  :D
Makes you look like a human being in a Honda. Unless it's one of them dreadful Civics, in which case we are back to looking like a kid who couldn't afford a mid-sized sedan or STV... Unless it is in pensioner green.

Generally, Golf-sized cars are ok for city dwellers too, but personally, I wouldn't want to own one. Beats walking by far and wide, but still... What if I bought a ridiculously large TV and wanted to get it home? What if I wanted to help a friend move? What if I had four passengers I cared enough about to want to make them comfortable?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.