News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amicale

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on April 29, 2012, 08:34:13 PM
Still sick. Husband getting sick. Son hitting particularly persistent patch of terrible twos.

Please send wine.

*hugs!* Hang in there and get as much rest as you can, the terrible twos eventually become the adorable threes! (and no matter what, they're cute when they're asleep!)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Hector Valdez

I Just received a book titled Lone Star Justice: The First Century of the Texas Rangers. I'll probably begin reading it after I finish A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court.

Amicale

Quote from: RenegeReversi on April 30, 2012, 12:34:54 AM
I Just received a book titled Lone Star Justice: The First Century of the Texas Rangers. I'll probably begin reading it after I finish A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court.

:) That one sounds cool. And I love A Connecticut Yankee In King Arthur's Court. Prettymuch anything he wrote, I have a copy of.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

xSilverPhinx

I'm thinking I should draft a short note to my Calculus teacher in which I say that the FSM has decreed that we faithful not do maths, and that his entire subject goes against my most cherished personal beliefs. I feel it in my heart that it is so and it's truly the FSM's will.

The answer "The FSM works in mysterious way" will have to suffice.

Think it could work?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on April 30, 2012, 04:21:33 AM
I'm thinking I should draft a short note to my Calculus teacher in which I say that the FSM has decreed that we faithful not do maths, and that his entire subject goes against my most cherished personal beliefs. I feel it in my heart that it is so and it's truly the FSM's will.

Think it could work?

Sounds a bit weak to me, not even a threat of eternal torture for those spreading this unnatural number trickery.  I think to be taken seriously you'll have blow up a few Maths department staff rooms. 

blank731

Felt compelled to make this today. Been on my mind a lot lately.

http :// www .youtube.com/ watch?v=9nmdxDhsBYs

(Edited to disable link. -- Recusant)

ThinkAnarchy

Quote from: blank731 on April 30, 2012, 05:51:11 AM

At least you are clever about breaking the rules.  
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

Recusant

Hello and welcome to HAF, blank731. I've disabled the link to your video. You may object to that, but in fact I'm being much more lenient than usual here. If you had bothered to read the Forum Rules by which you agreed to abide when you signed up to become a member of this site, you might have noticed the following section:

"NO SPAM: If in your first post on the forum you include a link, copy paste text, etc it will be considered spam and may be removed or partially removed by a moderator at their own discretion without notice."

I watched your video, and was not particularly impressed, but I have left the address there for any who care to check it out, because it was also brief and innocuous.

Why not create an introduction thread, and tell us a bit about yourself?
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Sweetdeath

Quote from: ThinkAnarchy on April 30, 2012, 06:33:39 AM

At least you are clever about breaking the rules.  

I'll give  em'  credit for that.

(Edited to remove link. -- Recusant)
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on April 30, 2012, 05:10:06 AM

Think it could work?

Sounds a bit weak to me, not even a threat of eternal torture for those spreading this unnatural number trickery.  I think to be taken seriously you'll have blow up a few Maths department staff rooms. 

As always I appreciate your criticism, Pudding. ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on April 30, 2012, 05:10:06 AM

Think it could work?

But on the other hand, that line of . . . reasoning . . . has a well established precedent.  Maybe she doesn't need to go straight to the bombing, but can start out soft with passing out pamphlets?
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Has Crow kept off the fags?

Is DeterminedJuliette feeling any better?

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on April 30, 2012, 04:38:56 PM

Must . . . not . . . respond . . . like . . . typical . . . American. 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

DeterminedJuliet

Is DeterminedJuliette feeling any better?

I am feeling much better, thank you! Everyone in the house seems to be on the mend and the little guy is back to his cute and (mostly) agreeable self this morning.

The only explanation must be that my prayers for wine were answered! Oh praise thee, magical crushed grape elixir! Thou deliver us from surly babies and sore throats! All hail your eternal healing and tingly-warmness! ;D
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on April 30, 2012, 04:47:22 PM

Must . . . not . . . respond . . . like . . . typical . . . American. 

Tee-hee!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.