News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amicale

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 27, 2012, 09:31:51 PM
Quote from: Ali on April 27, 2012, 09:24:55 PM
Can you actually ride on a tiny horse?  Seems kind of mean, like riding on a dog or something.

No you can't ride them, but you can do almost anything else with them. They can pull a cart, go over jumps, and do obstacle courses. A lot of people can teach them tricks as well.

Could you train them to give small children rides, like the little pony rides they have for kids at fairs?

I bet he'll be just adorable!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Sweetdeath

I think i'd just pay money to pet a small horse
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Ali

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 27, 2012, 09:31:51 PM
Quote from: Ali on April 27, 2012, 09:24:55 PM
Can you actually ride on a tiny horse?  Seems kind of mean, like riding on a dog or something.

No you can't ride them, but you can do almost anything else with them. They can pull a cart, go over jumps, and do obstacle courses. A lot of people can teach them tricks as well.

*Swoon*  Must. Get. Tiny. Horse.

Buddy

Well, I should warn you that what I am about to show you may cause you to go into cardiac arrest due to massive amounts of 'D'aaaawww!'

I shall be presenting to you, Mr. Rosemill's Johnny Cash, or just Cash. ;D

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Guardian85 on April 27, 2012, 07:40:54 PM
I generally don't like to speak ill of the dead, and I sympathize with the family of the deceased, but the more I hear of this case the more stupid the driver seems.

Ye I'd have sympathy for the families but the deceased not so much.
I'm usually thankful the foolish take themselves out without killing (or worse) innocents.
I respect people putting just themselves at risk in extreme activities. 
Those that do so on public roads are just ass holes.

Amicale

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on April 28, 2012, 12:47:07 AM
Quote from: Guardian85 on April 27, 2012, 07:40:54 PM
I generally don't like to speak ill of the dead, and I sympathize with the family of the deceased, but the more I hear of this case the more stupid the driver seems.

Ye I'd have sympathy for the families but the deceased not so much.
I'm usually thankful the foolish take themselves out without killing (or worse) innocents.
I respect people putting just themselves at risk in extreme activities. 
Those that do so on public roads are just ass holes.

Studies have shown that the human brain isn't at a full, adult level (capable of rational adult thought and making good choices) until about the age of 24. Yet we give 16 years olds cars. Many are very capable of driving well and safely, but many more are not, and make foolish decisions. It's almost always the very young, inexperienced drivers who you hear of that are getting into these horrible accidents. I don't know how old these two young men were, but I suspect they were probably younger.    :( I wouldn't consider them assholes. I'd consider them young people who didn't think through their choices carefully, and who put themselves and others in danger. It happens waaaay too often. One more reason I'm ALL for upping the driving age from 16 to at LEAST 18, but that's a subject for another thread.

I just feel very bad for these two young men and their families... especially their families, and their friends. Maybe it'll open someone else's eyes. Drive sober. Wear a seatbelt. Be as careful as you can. We only have this one life, and once it's gone, that's it -- so all the more reason to be mindful of everything we do.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Amicale

My friend just said she thinks her baby's on the way today!!!  ;D

Ali

How exciting!  What is she having?

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Amicale on April 28, 2012, 01:13:55 AMI'd consider them young people who didn't think through their choices carefully, and who put themselves and others in danger.

That's crossing most of the boxes for ass hole status for me.
If they thought themselves cool while doing it, that would clinch it.

Amicale

Quote from: Ali on April 28, 2012, 07:07:29 PM
How exciting!  What is she having?

Hopefully a baby rather than a kitten or puppy.  :D

She doesn't know yet if it's a boy or girl, she decided to let this one be a surprise! All she said was she thought they were having a baby today, so I'm hoping everything goes great for her! She's doing a home birth with a midwife. Did that also with the last baby, and it went well.

EDIT: She had a beautiful little girl!!  ;D

Ali

Quote from: Amicale on April 28, 2012, 07:21:28 PM
How exciting!  What is she having?

Hopefully a baby rather than a kitten or puppy.  :D

She doesn't know yet if it's a boy or girl, she decided to let this one be a surprise! All she said was she thought they were having a baby today, so I'm hoping everything goes great for her! She's doing a home birth with a midwife. Did that also with the last baby, and it went well.

EDIT: She had a beautiful little girl!!  ;D

Awesome, congrats to her!!!

Run, I'm sorry again for your friend's family.  I can't even imagine what they are going through right now.

Asmodean

How exciting!  What is she having?
Yes. Will she has it fried, boiled or raw, stuck in sea weeds and rice?  :D

She also has it delivered, yes? Wish The Asmo had a baby delivery service... He has to hunt for himself, you see, and those babies, they bite and spit and are otherwise distasteful  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

MariaEvri

I have 10 euro left...
but I am getting paid tomorrow
so I guess buying an ice cream wouldn't hurt right?
right??
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Buddy

Quote from: MariaEvri on April 29, 2012, 02:06:10 PM
I have 10 euro left...
but I am getting paid tomorrow
so I guess buying an ice cream wouldn't hurt right?
right??

Ice cream is always a good investment.  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Jimmy

The circus is in town today so we'll be taking the kids to see it today.
For if there be no Prospect beyond the Grave, the inference is certainly right, Let us eat and drink, les us enjoy what we delight in, for to morrow we shall die.   ~John Locke~