News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amicale

RunFromMyLife, I'm really sorry to hear about your friend's brother, and his friend. What a rotten shame. So many "should haves" and "could haves"... I'm sure the family's going through hell right now. :(

Ali, that job sounds like a wonderful opportunity for you, and the new company would be lucky to have you. You're friendly, smart, funny, and talented. Go get 'em!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Ali

Quote from: En_Route on April 27, 2012, 06:14:06 PM
Quote from: Ali on April 27, 2012, 04:20:38 PM
Blah.  I have been so busy lately.  I have missed you guys this week!

So everybody wish me good luck.  I am applying for a job at another company that I think is going to be a major opportunity, and that I'm fairly sure is in the bag (the guy doing the hiring called me specifically to ask me to apply, so I've gotta be on the short list, right?)  It's exciting, but also scary.  I've worked at the same company for 9 years, since before I even graduated from college, so it's kind of scary to go from the devil I know to the devil I don't know.  *Trying to breath deep and center herself*

Prepare for it as if you might not get it. Maybe undertake a mock interview with your husband. While I have no doubt you are the supreme candidate, complacency at any level  is dangerous. I have been on lots of interviewing panels and it has happened that the apparent shoo-in candidate has crashed and burned. I won't be praying for you.

Yes, that's true, I definitely don't want to act as though it's a sure bet.  Haha about not praying for me.

Run, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's brother.  

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: En_Route on April 27, 2012, 06:14:06 PM
I won't be praying for you.

Respectfully, I won't pray either.  How about "Good luck"...and a smile.  :)

Buddy

On my way to pick up the new horse. I will definently post pictures of him when I am done! :)
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 27, 2012, 08:22:20 PM
On my way to pick up the new horse. I will definently post pictures of him when I am done! :)
Can you actually pick it up?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Amicale

I got an extra part time job out of the blue with a major national company that has an outlet in a place I used to work at! The lady I used to work with remembered me, said that they needed some extra help, and just told me to come in with my resume next week and start training right away, no interview needed.  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Tank

Quote from: Amicale on April 27, 2012, 08:32:57 PM
I got an extra part time job out of the blue with a major national company that has an outlet in a place I used to work at! The lady I used to work with remembered me, said that they needed some extra help, and just told me to come in with my resume next week and start training right away, no interview needed.  ;D

Good news!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on April 27, 2012, 08:31:20 PM

No, but I could when he was a baby! I would carry him while I lead his mom out to the field.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 27, 2012, 08:40:58 PM
Quote from: Tank on April 27, 2012, 08:31:20 PM

No, but I could when he was a baby! I would carry him while I lead his mom out to the field.
Awwwww!!!

Ali

Awesome!  That is great news.  It's a big complement when people you've worked with seek you out.

En_Route

Quote from: Ali on April 27, 2012, 08:45:07 PM

Awesome!  That is great news.  It's a big complement when people you've worked with seek you out.

A few people I've worked with have sought me out. Usually they're carrying an offensive weapon.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

OldGit

Good news for both of you!
Amicale got head-hunted.
Budhorse is about to to ride on an animal that used to ride on her.

Ali

Can you actually ride on a tiny horse?  Seems kind of mean, like riding on a dog or something.

Buddy

Quote from: Ali on April 27, 2012, 09:24:55 PM
Can you actually ride on a tiny horse?  Seems kind of mean, like riding on a dog or something.

No you can't ride them, but you can do almost anything else with them. They can pull a cart, go over jumps, and do obstacle courses. A lot of people can teach them tricks as well.