News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on April 26, 2012, 03:44:01 PM
I woke up this morning feeling quite icky. :(
Feeling unwell in the morning? Oh dear!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Tank on April 26, 2012, 03:45:36 PM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on April 26, 2012, 03:44:01 PM
I woke up this morning feeling quite icky. :(
Feeling unwell in the morning? Oh dear!

Ah! Not in a "morning sickness" kind of way! I have a very sore throat and congested head and would like to go back to bed for another 6 hours even though I got a full night's sleep. But I can't because the downside of working from home, with deadlines, is that you don't really get a sick day :(
Sweet Husband has brought me some ginger tea with honey, though. That should help.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Amicale

Awww *hugs!* feel better ASAP, DJ! Tea helps some, for sure. Take a little nap, if you can. :)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

OldGit

Sorry to hear that, Juliet.  But you see, husbands can be useful.

ThinkAnarchy

"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: OldGit on April 26, 2012, 06:40:03 PM

I agree, and I've always thought that my husband is quite wonderful
Thanks for the well-wishes, all :)
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Tank

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on April 26, 2012, 07:09:43 PM
Quote from: OldGit on April 26, 2012, 06:40:03 PM

I agree, and I've always thought that my husband is quite wonderful
Thanks for the well-wishes, all :)

Are you feeling any better?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Ali missed all the Asmo fun  :(

Tank

It's been raining pretty much consistently for two weeks now and there's more to come at the weekend. The garden around my front lawn now looks like a moat  >:(

Amicale

Quote from: Amicale on April 26, 2012, 12:02:02 PM
Eh, I have a cat. She's been meowing at the ceiling for part of the night, it's funny.  :D Even funnier because she'll stare at the ceiling, mew, and then lick her lips!

I'll have to set traps in areas I think the mice might come down, ie, my room, laundry room, etc. Thing is, they're in the ceiling - one ran right across my light, so they might not WANT to come down. Grrrr. Eh, maybe they'll move out on their own... *suspends critical thought and crosses fingers*  :P

In other news, setting my own work hours is awesome, having someone I need to start working with at 6 am... not so much.

So, I was working with someone online today, talking on Skype... and while I was speaking with them, the mouse jumped out of nowhere, ran across my carpet, and dashed down the hall. Of course, I yelled, nearly blowing my poor client's ears off.  :D

Cute teeny little brown mouse with beady black eyes. So much for him not coming down! Now the question is, where IS he? I've put a peanut butter trap out for him... so hopefully he gets hungry. Live trap. I'd much sooner take him outdoors into a field a good long ways away, and let him go free.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Amicale

Quote from: Tank on April 27, 2012, 12:33:34 AM
It's been raining pretty much consistently for two weeks now and there's more to come at the weekend. The garden around my front lawn now looks like a moat  >:(

Oh, goodness! That's unfortunate!

It's not looking like this, is it?

Tank

Quote from: Amicale on April 27, 2012, 12:44:24 AM
Quote from: Tank on April 27, 2012, 12:33:34 AM

Oh, goodness! That's unfortunate!

It's not looking like this, is it?

No it doesn't. But I wish it did! That's a cool place.

Tank

Might get a day without rain today

Asmodean

The Asmo too is getting rained on. Me clay is getting all soggy.  >:(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Crow

Quote from: Tank on April 27, 2012, 09:07:37 AM
Might get a day without rain today

Its only rained one day all week in Manchester and its always raining here.
Retired member.