News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amicale

This here sums me up nicely today! :

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

DeterminedJuliet

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

not your typical...

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 25, 2012, 11:59:38 AM
OMA!!! You're back!!!! *tackle hugs*
Haha. *falls* Yeah, I'm back. :D I missed you guys so much!
Thanks Asmo, Old Git, Asmodean, and Amicale for the birthday consolation. :)

Today I've got a ton of work to catch up on... So yes Asmo, today will be a grey day. Very grey indeed.
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight
Advocate for the abnormal.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Crow

I was in London yesterday and like usual the first thing I noticed is that people are in way too much of a rush. Take getting the tube for instance people rush like maniacs to try and squeeze onto a train, but they come almost every three mins. WTF. No wonder they are all grumpy.
Retired member.

ThinkAnarchy

Quote from: Crow on April 25, 2012, 05:36:22 PM
Take getting the tube for instance

Why don't American's have fun with the English language like the British do? Tube is much more fun than "subway," which I imagine is what tube means. "Bloody hell" and "fuckin' wanker" are great too.

I wonder if India has fun words too, or if they have made the English language boring like America.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

I was in London yesterday and like usual the first thing I noticed is that people are in way too much of a rush. Take getting the tube for instance people rush like maniacs to try and squeeze onto a train, but they come almost every three mins. WTF. No wonder they are all grumpy.

I don't mind rush.
I've a problem with dreamy wanderers in busy places.
I seem to anticipate when people are going to walk backwards but I don't understand how they do it without thought.
You give children space because they've a mental incapacity, it's recognised in the law.
Some people walk straight or diagonally across the stream without looking or acknowledging those on the true path.
Four people, not necessarily associated are moving in a direction taking up the whole space, a person coming the other way, keeping to the side is faced with a wall of zomboids.
When I lived and worked in the centre of a global city I wasn't bothered, didn't have to make allowance for the erratic behaviour of others, they seemed to flow.

DeterminedJuliet

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Siz

No, we're grumpy because interlopers like you take up valuable space on trains :D

Quote from: TMPI don't mind rush.
I seem to anticipate when people are going to walk backwards but I don't understand how they do it without thought.
You give children space because they've a mental incapacity, it's recognised in the law.
Some people walk straight or diagonally across the stream without looking or acknowledging those on the true path.
Four people, not necessarily associated are moving in a direction taking up the whole space, a person coming the other way, keeping to the side is faced with a wall of zomboids.
When I lived and worked in the centre of a global city I wasn't bothered, didn't have to make allowance for the erratic behaviour of others, they seemed to flow.

Did you ever hear of the 'speed walking lanes' proposed for Oxford Street?
http://londonist.com/2010/07/pedestrian_speed_lanes_for_oxford_s.php
Now there's no excuse for getting in my bloody way. Bloody tourists... Bloody commuters... Bloody humans...

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Crow

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on April 25, 2012, 06:03:21 PM
I don't mind rush.

Oh I also have a problem with dreamy wanderers as well and people who just stop. I could get behind the speed walking lanes on Oxford street or any main street in any city.

Quote from: Scissorlegs on April 25, 2012, 06:28:57 PM
No, we're grumpy because interlopers like you take up valuable space on trains :D

I could understand that one if I had to travel during the rush hours in London on a daily basis. The first time I did travel on the tube during rush hour I said never again and haven't done so since.
Retired member.

Amicale

Quote from: Scissorlegs on April 25, 2012, 06:28:57 PM
Did you ever hear of the 'speed walking lanes' proposed for Oxford Street?
http://londonist.com/2010/07/pedestrian_speed_lanes_for_oxford_s.php
Now there's no excuse for getting in my bloody way. Bloody tourists... Bloody commuters... Bloody humans...

*snerk*

Oddly enough, my version of Oxford street in my version of that city isn't filled with tourists or commuters, whatsoever. A bunch of students, mostly. The busses are generally packed, but there's almost nobody on the sidewalks. On the east end of Oxford, you don't want to be there much past dark, it can get a little freaky. Oxford and Richmond downtown is packed with business people, students, loud music, you name it. And bus service stops partway up the west end of Oxford, you have to walk or drive to get to several businesses.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Asmodean

Quote from: Asmo on April 25, 2012, 06:25:20 PM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on April 25, 2012, 06:24:14 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on April 25, 2012, 06:01:13 PM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on April 25, 2012, 04:31:28 PM

TANK!!!!!!
Yes, what?  :D

Trouble. The pair of ya.
Tank. I think we in the shite!!!
Nah, Asmo, I think they might suspect but without any knowledge as to what it is they suspect.  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.