News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeterminedJuliet

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Amicale

Quote from: Jimmy on April 23, 2012, 02:42:24 PM
Quote from: Ali on April 23, 2012, 02:30:21 PM

Some...duck like creatures...that we found just walking down the side walk.  They're duck shaped and duck sized, but not like any ducks I've ever seen before.

Got the bird book out, I think it's a Muscovy Duck

Glad you had a nice time, Nice pictures :)

Yes, that there is a Muscovy duck indeed.

I apologize to the vegetarians here, but may I just say that not only are they interesting birds, they are delicious, too... *hides*

Ali, glad you're back! Sorry about the tiff you guys had, but glad that overall, you had a nice time. I'm sure you missed T like crazy! And those are VERY nice pictures!  ;D I love the turtles too!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

En_Route

Quote from: Crow on April 23, 2012, 01:17:43 PM
Quote from: En_Route on April 22, 2012, 04:31:09 PM
Quote from: Crow on April 22, 2012, 02:46:16 PM
:o United just drew with Everton. Come on City!
With Tevez back in the fold, I fancy their chances. United have not been convincing all season but willpower and benevolent refereeing seemed to have won the day for them.

So do I, the game this weekend will be interesting either way as the Manchester derbys are always good regardless. However even though United haven't been on form this season they are still the top of the league after trailing behind for a good half a season, they seem to be able to pull a win out or at least a draw even if they are playing bad. I just hope City comes out of this with a similar result to the 6-1 game at the start of the season.

1-0 would do given their goal difference.
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Amicale on April 23, 2012, 03:08:36 PM
I apologize to the vegetarians here, but may I just say that not only are they interesting birds, they are delicious, too... *hides*

And those are VERY nice pictures!  ;D I love the turtles too!

Not baked boiled or fried I hope?

Amicale

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on April 23, 2012, 03:44:47 PM
Quote from: Amicale on April 23, 2012, 03:08:36 PM

And those are VERY nice pictures!  ;D I love the turtles too!

Not baked boiled or fried I hope?

:D That's what I get for posting without coffee. Guess that gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "heros in a half shell", eh?

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Amicale on April 23, 2012, 03:47:31 PM
:D That's what I get for posting without coffee. Guess that gives a whole new meaning to the phrase "heros in a half shell", eh?

Oh I don't know, I welcome the opportunities for misinterpretation pre caffeinated brains present.

I like your wobbly cat avatar.

Jimmy

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 23, 2012, 02:32:45 PM
Quote from: Jimmy on April 23, 2012, 02:30:56 PM
Snow!!! 

Wow. That sucks. There was frost on my truck this morning.  >:(

I know...... it sucks! It's still snowing....blah!  It's an indoors day today. I'm a little worried about some of my outdoor plants; I have a 2 year old japanese maple tree that I planted last summer and it is still vulnerable, a frost a few weeks ago did some damage, but it rebounded(I forgot to cover it), and I also have a rose bush that doesn't tolerate the cold well at all and the last frost killed the new growth and it just started showing new growth again earlier this week and then Old Man Winter decided that he should stop by for one last visit  :P
For if there be no Prospect beyond the Grave, the inference is certainly right, Let us eat and drink, les us enjoy what we delight in, for to morrow we shall die.   ~John Locke~

Buddy

Quote from: Jimmy on April 23, 2012, 04:32:22 PM
I know...... it sucks! It's still snowing....blah!  It's an indoors day today. I'm a little worried about some of my outdoor plants; I have a 2 year old japanese maple tree that I planted last summer and it is still vulnerable, a frost a few weeks ago did some damage, but it rebounded(I forgot to cover it), and I also have a rose bush that doesn't tolerate the cold well at all and the last frost killed the new growth and it just started showing new growth again earlier this week and then Old Man Winter decided that he should stop by for one last visit  :P

I body clipped my mini horse's winter coat off thinking that by April I would be safe. Nope. Had to bust out the winter coats again.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 23, 2012, 04:55:58 PM

I body clipped my mini horse's winter coat off thinking that by April I would be safe. Nope. Had to bust out the winter coats again.
At least you can always add clothes. It's always worse trying to keep cool.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

They declared a hose pipe ban across most of the south half of England two weeks ago. It has rained almost every day since. Good you might think? NO! We're in the North where there is no hose pipe ban!!! It's pissing down and expected to continue to do so all week!!! >:(
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on April 23, 2012, 04:58:27 PM

Yeah, but I already got all the blankets washed and packed away. I had to brave the shed to get them.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 23, 2012, 05:27:23 PM
Quote from: Tank on April 23, 2012, 04:58:27 PM

Yeah, but I already got all the blankets washed and packed away. I had to brave the shed to get them.
Presumably it's not the shed that's the problem but all the creepy crawlies in it? Can't you just put herman in there for a couple of hours?

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on April 23, 2012, 06:53:13 PM
Presumably it's not the shed that's the problem but all the creepy crawlies in it? Can't you just put herman in there for a couple of hours?

It's not the creepy crawlies (though that is part of the problem) it is the mountains of stuff in the way.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 23, 2012, 07:04:48 PM
It's not the creepy crawlies (though that is part of the problem) it is the mountains of stuff in the way.

Are you committed to the small horse?
Could you possibly be interested in a horse shaped nuclear powered robot?

Buddy

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on April 23, 2012, 07:10:41 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on April 23, 2012, 07:04:48 PM

Are you committed to the small horse?
Could you possibly be interested in a horse shaped nuclear powered robot?

Yes I am committed to Smallish One.

No I am not interested in a nuclear robot.