News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on April 19, 2012, 08:23:45 PM
Quote from: Tank on April 19, 2012, 07:52:15 PM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on April 19, 2012, 07:47:24 PM
I guess I've still "got it", because I was just blatantly hit on while I was eating my lunch (by myself) at my school.
14 year old boys are incorrigible aren't they!  ;)

He was at least 20 (I think). Had nerves of steel, though. He came right up to me and said "would you like to talk?"
Pfft! That's nothing. There was a lady standing in the supermarket yesterday contemplating the cooking utensils. I stood next to her and said 'Great shame they don't sell inspiration isn't it?' She laughed and we had a little chat and I left her smiling. I'm such a flirt  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

AWWW YEAH! Check out my new horse!  ;D

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Tank on April 19, 2012, 08:46:14 PM
I guess I've still "got it", because I was just blatantly hit on while I was eating my lunch (by myself) at my school.

He was at least 20 (I think). Had nerves of steel, though. He came right up to me and said "would you like to talk?"
Pfft! That's nothing. There was a lady standing in the supermarket yesterday contemplating the cooking utensils. I stood next to her and said 'Great shame they don't sell inspiration isn't it?' She laughed and we had a little chat and I left her smiling. I'm such a flirt  :D

Hahaha, you flirt! You should teach the younger, more nervous guys how to talk to ladies  ;)
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

wildfire_emissary

After a few months, I see you guys again! Missed the forum. ;D
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: wildfire_emissary on April 20, 2012, 04:26:04 AM

I remember you! Hello again!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Amicale

Been teaching lots, at all crazy hours of the day/night. I have folks in several different time zones. I prettymuch plan out each class. We don't have to stick strictly to anything, but my one student today just totally ditched what we were talking about (grammar stuff) and started flirting like crazy with me.  :D Telling me all about his city, how I should visit him, where he'd take me to show me around... sigh...

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Sandra Craft

I saw my brother tonight for the first time in about 6 or 7 years.  We went to dinner, caught up on things, reminisced about our Dad, and my brother said he hated getting old, with a passion.  He's 56, one year younger than me.  When I think about it, I don't hate getting old but I must say it's more disappointing than I expected.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Quote from: wildfire_emissary on April 20, 2012, 04:26:04 AM

Welcome back, we can recall the search parties now

What's been going on?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on April 19, 2012, 11:32:41 PM
Quote from: Tank on April 19, 2012, 08:46:14 PM

Hahaha, you flirt! You should teach the younger, more nervous guys how to talk to ladies  ;)
Nervousness is the death of success when it comes to meeting the opposite sex. A simple smile is the key to many an encounter. ;D

Tank

Quote from: Amicale on April 20, 2012, 06:06:44 AM
Been teaching lots, at all crazy hours of the day/night. I have folks in several different time zones. I prettymuch plan out each class. We don't have to stick strictly to anything, but my one student today just totally ditched what we were talking about (grammar stuff) and started flirting like crazy with me.  :D Telling me all about his city, how I should visit him, where he'd take me to show me around... sigh...

A student and the wrong gender!

Tank

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on April 20, 2012, 07:12:49 AM
I saw my brother tonight for the first time in about 6 or 7 years.  We went to dinner, caught up on things, reminisced about our Dad, and my brother said he hated getting old, with a passion.  He's 56, one year younger than me.  When I think about it, I don't hate getting old but I must say it's more disappointing than I expected.

That comment is intriguing. Why so?

Amicale

Quote from: Tank on April 20, 2012, 08:32:05 AM
Quote from: Amicale on April 20, 2012, 06:06:44 AM

A student and the wrong gender!

:D Yeah, it was cute. It's not as bad as it sounds since he's probably older than me by a few years, but as a teacher I wouldn't flirt with a student in a million years, even if I was interested. And the gender thing, well, there's that too...  ;D Today's class will probably be interesting. I don't know if I should feel guilty because he keeps signing up for lessons and then then derailing them so I'm getting paid to try to keep him on track... or if I should say 'oh well!' and just go for it. The latter, I think.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Crow

I have decided to quit smoking (again) but unlike other attempts I am serious about quitting this time.
Retired member.

Recusant

Good luck with that Crow! I quit a few months ago, and found the Nicorette Quickmist somewhat helpful. It tastes bad (I used to spray it toward the side of my mouth rather than my tongue, which seemed to help with that) and isn't cheap, but it does help with the cravings and irritability which in my opinion create the biggest issues when quitting. It seemed to me that its nature allowed me to directly deflect the desire for tobacco. I used to go through one of the little bottles in a week, but gradually cut that down.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on April 20, 2012, 08:33:02 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on April 20, 2012, 07:12:49 AM

That comment is intriguing. Why so?

I hadn't expected things to fall apart quite so quickly -- my knees, my memory, my energy.  I suppose I'd expected a more gradual slowing down.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany