News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Velma

Quote from: Tank on April 16, 2012, 10:17:48 AM
Quote from: Velma on April 16, 2012, 09:58:54 AM
Thinking about getting a bicycle.  Nothing fancy.  This one caught my eye.
Go for it! It'll get you out and exercising without the joint impact of jogging.
My thoughts exactly.  Before I get one, I need to research place to ride it.  The streets around here are pretty quiet, but it would be nice to have at least a couple of places nearby where I could go ride without worrying about sharing the road with automobiles.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Tank on April 17, 2012, 09:10:29 AM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on April 17, 2012, 01:10:09 AM
Ahhh, i'm back :3 what a weekend.
What happened?

Anniversary with my girlfriend. I wanted to spend as much time with her because she is leaving for Houngzou , China tonight for 30days. ;____;
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

Quote from: Sweetdeath on April 17, 2012, 02:01:21 PM
What happened?

Anniversary with my girlfriend. I wanted to spend as much time with her because she is leaving for Houngzou , China tonight for 30days. ;____;
Roll on 30 days!!!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Sweetdeath on April 17, 2012, 02:01:21 PM
What happened?

Awww, that's a long ol' time. What's she doing in China? Hopefully it'll go by quickly.
Also, Happy Anniversary!  :)
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Ali

Happy Ani, SD!  How long?

I leave on Thursday for Miami!  *excited*

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Ali on April 17, 2012, 05:35:03 PM

Til May 15th.

DJ-  she's visiting her grandparents. :< they are the ones who raised her mainly. :)

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Siz

Quote from: Sweetdeath on April 18, 2012, 03:38:20 AM

Til May 15th.

DJ-  she's visiting her grandparents. :< they are the ones who raised her mainly. :)

I think Ali meant how long have you been together?

Ooh Miami!  I spent a five day holiday there a couple of years back. I loved the heat. We spent a day snorkelling off Key Largo with nursing sharks. The entire backs of our bodies were pink with sunburn and the fronts untouched. Very uncomfortable drive back. Have fun...

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Crow

I have a feeling that Ali may be wanting a new TV.

IKEA UPPLEVA
Retired member.

Buddy

Quote from: Crow on April 18, 2012, 07:37:11 PM
I have a feeling that Ali may be wanting a new TV.

IKEA UPPLEVA

Never mind Ali, I want that TV!  :D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Scissorlegs on April 18, 2012, 09:04:17 AM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on April 18, 2012, 03:38:20 AM

Til May 15th.

I think Ali meant how long have you been together?

Ooh Miami!  I spent a five day holiday there a couple of years back. I loved the heat. We spent a day snorkelling off Key Largo with nursing sharks. The entire backs of our bodies were pink with sunburn and the fronts untouched. Very uncomfortable drive back. Have fun...

Oh, sorries~
3years. :)

Enjoy Miami~!!

DeterminedJuliet

I guess I've still "got it", because I was just blatantly hit on while I was eating my lunch (by myself) at my school.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

AnimatedDirt

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on April 19, 2012, 07:47:24 PM
I guess I've still "got it", because I was just blatantly hit on while I was eating my lunch (by myself) at my school.

Feels good, eh.  :)  Good for you.

Tank

14 year old boys are incorrigible aren't they!  ;)

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Tank on April 19, 2012, 07:52:15 PM
14 year old boys are incorrigible aren't they!  ;)

He was at least 20 (I think). Had nerves of steel, though. He came right up to me and said "would you like to talk?"