News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Amicale

Quote from: Tom62 on March 30, 2012, 02:48:54 PM
The evening I'll get the keys of my new house !!! The whole month of April is blocked with movers, painters, carpenters and other appointments. I probably don't have any time left to visit HAF and to play online chess :(.

That's exciting, though!  ;D Congrats on the new place!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on March 30, 2012, 02:36:26 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 30, 2012, 11:48:44 AM
Welp, managed  to get food poisoning. How fantastic. >:(
Details are NOT required!
Quote from: Guardian85 on March 30, 2012, 12:36:59 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 30, 2012, 11:48:44 AM
Welp, managed  to get food poisoning. How fantastic. >:(

Good for you!  ;D

Lucky for me, it only lasted for a little bit and I'm feeling quite better. On my way to Key West and I'm going on an airboat ride to see aligators. Lots of pictures will be taken.  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Sweetdeath

Yikes, glad you feel better, Budhorse.

Ugh, this guy I am friends with told me he likes me in Febuary, so I have been avoiding him (hanging out outside the my little pony meet ups, etc)
So irritating, cuz he keeps txting me.
T_T just go away. I hate annoying people.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Sweetdeath on March 30, 2012, 04:19:47 PM

Ugh, this guy I am friends with told me he likes me in Febuary, so I have been avoiding him (hanging out outside the my little pony meet ups, etc)

"Like" you, like you? Doesn't he know that he's barking up the wrong tree?
If it was me, I'd probably find a way to let him know that his advances are a bit much. In my experience, if you do the passive-aggressive avoidance thing, they usually take it as grounds to get pissy with you. He'll see it not as his fault for texting/trying to see you too much, it'll be your fault for avoiding him.

The direct route is like a band-aid. He might get upset for a day or two - but there's not much he can say about it. Those are your feelings and you're entitled to how much or how little you'd like someone in your life.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Buddy

Thanks, SD.

Just got off the airboat, what a blast! Saw lots of birds, and quite a few gators. I even got to hold one when we were done.  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 30, 2012, 04:48:10 PM

If it was me, I'd probably find a way to let him know that his advances are a bit much. In my experience, if you do the passive-aggressive avoidance thing, they usually take it as grounds to get pissy with you. He'll see it not as his fault for texting/trying to see you too much, it'll be your fault for avoiding him.

The direct route is like a band-aid. He might get upset for a day or two - but there's not much he can say about it. Those are your feelings and you're entitled to how much or how little you'd like someone in your life.

He knows im not interested, and I'm in a commited relationship. Yeah, i'll have to be direct, because it's getting annoying.
I work staff for mlp group, so I see him at every meet up.
We dont even have much i n common. I am a friendly person, but I  only have 2 close friends irl. Other than that, I hate going out.

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Amicale

DJ is right on the money. You can just say "thanks for your interest, but I have a girlfriend" and let it go. If he keeps texting you and bothering you after you tell him that, it's another story.

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Amicale

Quote from: Sweetdeath on March 30, 2012, 05:36:34 PM

He knows im not interested, and I'm in a commited relationship. Yeah, i'll have to be direct, because it's getting annoying.
We dont even have much i n common. I am a friendly person, but I  only have 2 close friends irl. Other than that, I hate going out.

He knows you're in a commited relationship with someone who isn't a guy? And he's still after you? Is he thick in the head?  :o

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Amicale on March 30, 2012, 05:38:00 PM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on March 30, 2012, 05:36:34 PM

He knows you're in a commited relationship with someone who isn't a guy? And he's still after you? Is he thick in the head?  :o

No, he's just a guy. Guys dont care. They think lesbians are somehow girls who hadnt had sex with the right guy.

I get hit on and say "sorry, I bat for the other team" and usually get "i dont mind" responses.

It is FUCKING RUDE

Asmodean

Head ache. Will need to make an ibuprofen and/or aspirin run, apparently.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Then why do you do it here all the time!!!!

:D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 30, 2012, 05:35:31 PM

Thanks, SD.

Just got off the airboat, what a blast! Saw lots of birds, and quite a few gators. I even got to hold one when we were done.  ;D
And you still have all your fingers!!!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Amicale

Quote from: Tank on March 30, 2012, 06:00:50 PM

Then why do you do it here all the time!!!!

:D

*Groaaaan*  :P  :D

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on March 30, 2012, 06:02:04 PM

Thanks, SD.

I do! I even kissed him. ;D

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 30, 2012, 06:44:42 PM
Quote from: Tank on March 30, 2012, 06:02:04 PM

Thanks, SD.

I do! I even kissed him. ;D

Ewwwwwwww!!!!