News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Sounds that no be there?

The Asmo, he sees two short-term solutions depending on cause:

1. Lay off the pills
2. Pop some pills

Sorry, but I don't think such things will be made to go away through simply talking about them.  :-\
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on March 29, 2012, 02:09:00 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 29, 2012, 11:34:36 AM

Not sure how much fun flying will be. My mother is
Have you not flown before?
You must have done to get to America!

Oh shoot I meant that my mom is terrified of flying. I love it. But I have to hold her hand through the flight.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Buddy

Quote from: RunFromMyLife on March 29, 2012, 03:06:12 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 29, 2012, 02:53:34 PM

Oh shoot I meant that my mom is terrified of flying. I love it. But I have to hold her hand through the flight.

What city are you going to?

Fort Meyers
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Buddy

Quote from: RunFromMyLife on March 29, 2012, 03:32:45 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 29, 2012, 03:11:56 PM
Quote from: RunFromMyLife on March 29, 2012, 03:06:12 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 29, 2012, 02:53:34 PM

What city are you going to?

Fort Meyers

So you're on the opposite coast from me. I hope you enjoy your trip!  ;D

Oh darn! ;D I will. Headed down to key west for a night tomorrow.

Amicale

Quote from: Asmodean on March 29, 2012, 02:31:27 PM
Sounds that no be there?

The Asmo, he sees two short-term solutions depending on cause:

1. Lay off the pills
2. Pop some pills

Sorry, but I don't think such things will be made to go away through simply talking about them.  :-\

Myself, I go for #2 on a daily basis, but believe me, it also helps to talk to someone and know that a) you're not alone b) someone understands c) if it's an ongoing issue, where to go for help and such. :)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Asmodean

Valid points. Just saying that one should not ignore a medical professional when one could use one.

It can be as simple as eating the wrong herb with the resulting tripping, OR it could be a manic episode. Should check out and get some good, honest pills against it if that be the case.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Amicale

Quote from: Asmodean on March 29, 2012, 04:12:48 PM
Valid points. Just saying that one should not ignore a medical professional when one could use one.

It can be as simple as eating the wrong herb with the resulting tripping, OR it could be a manic episode. Should check out and get some good, honest pills against it if that be the case.

Or as I like to call shrink appointments, getting a check-up from the neck up.  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Asmodean

Quote from: Amicale on March 29, 2012, 04:19:33 PM
Or as I like to call shrink appointments, getting a check-up from the neck up.  ;D
Some people seem more reluctant to go to a psych(insert ending) than a "regular" doctor for some reason... Shrinks are so... Underappreciated.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Amicale

Quote from: Asmodean on March 29, 2012, 04:33:09 PM
Quote from: Amicale on March 29, 2012, 04:19:33 PM
Or as I like to call shrink appointments, getting a check-up from the neck up.  ;D
Some people seem more reluctant to go to a psych(insert ending) than a "regular" doctor for some reason... Shrinks are so... Underappreciated.

Yeah, they are. There seems to be this weird stigma around going to one, like you're some kind of freak if you do. I don't get it. If there's something wrong with any other part of your body, people see it as totally normal to go to a doctor that takes care of that specific part. If there's something wrong with your brain, you'd THINK it would be seen as normal to go to a doctor who can help you take care of that, too. *shrug*

Sweetdeath

How badly I wish there was respect and equality amongt the genders. That people wont degrade or belittle you based on your reproductive organs... *sigh*
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Ali

Leaving in about half an hour to go to SC.  I am going to miss T soooo much!  Who throws a wedding where at least half of the guests are coming in from out of town and makes it a "no children" wedding?  Okay, rant over.  I know it's their wedding and it's their right to decide not to invite kids; I'm just going to miss T a LOT over the next 4 days.  This will be the longest he's ever been away from both of his parents at one time. 

Buddy

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 29, 2012, 10:02:40 PM
Joes crab shack... *drool

Love their surf & turf burgers!! *drool*
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Buddy

Quote from: Sweetdeath on March 29, 2012, 10:57:28 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 29, 2012, 10:02:40 PM
Joes crab shack... *drool

Love their surf & turf burgers!! *drool*

That's what my grandpa had. I died and went to steamed crustatian heaven.

DeterminedJuliet

The 2012 Budget came out today and there are going to be no more pennies in Canada!   :o
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.