News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Quote from: Asmodean on March 19, 2012, 04:56:17 PM
Fortunately..?

The Asmo would like having a House for a boss.  :D

Maybe, but I myself butt heads with people like that, so I would probably be getting in trouble more often than I would like. Besides, my school is so anal about pills and treating the students well that he would be fired before first period was over.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Asmodean

Quote from: Budhorse4 on March 19, 2012, 05:00:29 PM
Maybe, but I myself butt heads with people like that
I do too, but the easiest way to earn my respect is to strike sparks with me without letting them become a fire or negatively affect productivity.

In fact, I usually respect constructive nemeses much more than counter-productive yes-men.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Too Few Lions

I was low on coffee and just popped to a local shop to get some more (I'm a serious caffeine head) and just discovered Lebanese coffee with ground cardamon  :D it's lush. I know there are several other coffee lovers on the forum, if anyone else hasn't ever tried it and sees it around I advise they snap some up fast

http://www.sayadmarket.com/products/Cafe-Najjar-Coffee-w%7B47%7D-Cardamon.html

Buddy

About to get quite a doozy of a storm, and I couldn't be happier. I love storms, especially spring storms like this one.  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

I'm so freaking hungry.  I'm back on my "Health and Dieting" kick.  Ready to chew off my own arm.  Starting to believe that I have the obesity gene...lol

Tank

Suck a piece of dry spaghetti.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Amicale

Quote from: Ali on March 19, 2012, 09:31:36 PM
I'm so freaking hungry.  I'm back on my "Health and Dieting" kick.  Ready to chew off my own arm.  Starting to believe that I have the obesity gene...lol

Whenever I get like that, I just chew regular gum. Almost constantly. It's something to put in my mouth and chew so it distracts me. Doesn't stop me from wanting food per se, but it doesn't become an awful craving.  :)

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Crow

Have a cigarette. Only messin'.
Retired member.

Ali

Quote from: Crow on March 19, 2012, 10:27:05 PM

Have a cigarette. Only messin'.

Haha, tempting!

I'll have to try the dry spaghetti trick.  Never heard of that before!

DeterminedJuliet

I find drinking lots of water keeps me from being too munchy. But if you're really starving, I say let yourself have a little smackerel of something  :)   
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Tank

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 20, 2012, 02:04:56 PM

I find drinking lots of water keeps me from being too munchy. But if you're really starving, I say let yourself have a little smackerel of something  :)   

That's a very Pooh word  :D
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Tank on March 20, 2012, 03:51:32 PM

That's a very Pooh word  :D

The complete works of Winnie-the-Pooh is one of my favourite books of all time, so I try to incorporate pooh-bear like qualities into as much of my life as possible.  ;D
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Amicale

The look on my mom's face was priceless when she opened her birthday gifts. She was grinning wider than the Cheshire cat.  ;D She's getting spoiled today, she works hard and she needs some fun and treats and pampering. Currently she's decided to watch a Disney movie with A (Cinderella), and they're both wearing princess tiaras and fake pearl necklaces for the occasion.  :D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

Ali

I did have a smackeral.  It was yummy!

Sweetdeath

Ughhh,,tummy is growling. Need coffee :<
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.