News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding

QuoteA cameraman accidentally stepped on Til the rabbit - who was born with a genetic defect - moments before he was to be presented to the world at a news conference.
Quote"No one could have foreseen this," Uwe Dempewolf told the magazine.

Idiot, of course it foreseeable.  Oaf stomping around, small animal gets squashed.  Oaf says I didn't mean that, it's an accident.  The mystical nature of "accidents" frees oaf from responsibility, no need for oaf to modify future behaviour.

Ali

Asmodean

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on March 16, 2012, 01:42:19 AM
Idiot, of course it foreseeable.  Oaf stomping around, small animal gets squashed.  Oaf says I didn't mean that, it's an accident.  The mystical nature of "accidents" frees oaf from responsibility, no need for oaf to modify future behaviour.
Epic!
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

DeterminedJuliet

Ex co-workers sending me text: "Why did u remove me from Facebook :(?!?!!"
Ohhhhh my.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Amicale

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 16, 2012, 07:58:04 PM
Ohhhhh my.

I'd consider answering with "because there's a reason you're an EX coworker." Followed by a  :-*  ;D

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

"To live in the hearts of those we leave behind is to never die." -Carl Sagan

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Amicale on March 16, 2012, 08:39:15 PM
Ohhhhh my.

I'd consider answering with "because there's a reason you're an EX coworker." Followed by a  :-*  ;D

Pretty much since I started working there, I've had the on-going feeling that they've been trying to provoke me into doing something "bitchy". I don't mean to stereotype, but the workplace was 100% women and they were all definitely passive-aggressive and catty people. I've never liked being that kind of person, but sending me random texts about Facebook a MONTH after I've stopped working there is making it really hard!

Anyway, I wrote: "Wasn't intended to be vindictive, but I don't see or talk to you on a day-to-day basis anymore. Sorry."

Do you want to know what's really funny? I'm still an administrator on the company's official Facebook page! I was the most internet-savvy person at the place when I worked there, and the owner wanted to start a business page, so I offered to set it up for her. She told me to put it under my account, because she didn't know/care to figure out how to get everything going, so I did. After I quit, I tried to remove myself (the owner was also listed as an Administrator at this point, I added her after I set everything up), but Facebook wouldn't let me. I e-mailed the owner to tell her that I'm still an administrator and that she'll need to remove me/figure something out to get me off there, but she either hasn't bothered or can't.

So I'm still there!

And now there are employees texting me about my personal facebook account when I could still have total control over the business account (if I wanted to).

And people say atheists have no morals.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

DeterminedJuliet

I just found out that there's a 90% chance that one of my really good friends will be moving to Ottawa! Made my day!
I love HAF and all, but it'd be nice to have RL friends around  ;D

Buddy

Real life friends? what are those?  :D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Amicale

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 16, 2012, 11:47:13 PM
I just found out that there's a 90% chance that one of my really good friends will be moving to Ottawa! Made my day!

That is AWESOME!  ;D Yay!

I may be visiting a friend of mine in Ottawa in April or May, if things work out the way we'd like it to, so if you'd like to still grab coffee or lunch I'd totally be up for that!

Tonight I saw one of my best friends from highschool, it was SO awesome to have her back in town!

"Our lives are not our own. From womb to tomb we are bound to others. By every crime and act of kindness we birth our future." - Cloud Atlas

Sweetdeath

Ohhhhh my.

LOL!!
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Amicale

Quote from: Sweetdeath on March 17, 2012, 03:15:58 AM
Ohhhhh my.

LOL!!

*starts singing "Snarky and I know it" to the tune of LMFAO's "Sexy and I know it" *

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Amicale on March 17, 2012, 02:17:21 AM

I may be visiting a friend of mine in Ottawa in April or May, if things work out the way we'd like it to, so if you'd like to still grab coffee or lunch I'd totally be up for that!
Yes please, yes please!

Amicale

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 17, 2012, 03:37:31 AM
Quote from: Amicale on March 17, 2012, 02:17:21 AM

Yes please, yes please!

Yay! We're on.  ;D

Tank

Excellent news!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: RunFromMyLife on March 17, 2012, 01:30:11 PM
As you already know, I'm in the process of moving to FL. This ordeal really needs to be over with because I CAN'T SLEEP when I'm so stressed out. And when I do sleep I have really fucked up dreams. Last night I had a dream I overdosed on Tylenol. I sat around eating ice cream waiting for the effects to kick in.
You'll like it when you get there.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.