News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding

High heels don't seem too popular, I thought I was in a minority.
Maybe an actress can look graceful in a movie but real life women often look awkward, an ability to move with grace beats the clumsy wobbling about on stilts look for me.  I remember Tina Turner looking ridiculous, some one should have told her, it is such a try hard look.

DeterminedJuliet

Yeah, the "staggering baby dear" walk isn't that great.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Too Few Lions

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on March 06, 2012, 01:04:04 PM
I remember Tina Turner looking ridiculous, some one should have told her, it is such a try hard look.
she has a bad habit of doing that, and it's not just the heels!

Ali

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 06, 2012, 01:33:40 PM

*snerk*

I'm back to my normal attire today.  I've got these awesome flats that look dressy from the top but are basically tennis shoes on bottom.  I actually ran in them one time at the gym when I forgot to pack my trainers, and it was fine.  Yay for sensible shoes.

Buddy

Quote from: Ali on March 06, 2012, 02:17:50 PM

*snerk*

I'm back to my normal attire today.  I've got these awesome flats that look dressy from the top but are basically tennis shoes on bottom.  I actually ran in them one time at the gym when I forgot to pack my trainers, and it was fine.  Yay for sensible shoes.

I'vegot a pair of those for when I needed something fro FFA National Convention. I love them!
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

DeterminedJuliet

*snerk*

I'm back to my normal attire today.  I've got these awesome flats that look dressy from the top but are basically tennis shoes on bottom.  I actually ran in them one time at the gym when I forgot to pack my trainers, and it was fine.  Yay for sensible shoes.

OooOoo where'd you get them?
Edit: That's right, fellas. I'm going to turn this into a shoe thread!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Too Few Lions

not to derail the shoe thread, but I just paid a deposit on my new home, and it's got wheels  :D the wandering gypsy life beckons for the next year or so

Siz

Quote from: Too Few Lions on March 06, 2012, 04:00:01 PM
not to derail the shoe thread, but I just paid a deposit on my new home, and it's got wheels  :D the wandering gypsy life beckons for the next year or so

We gonna see you at Dale Farm any time soon?

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Too Few Lions

Quote from: Scissorlegs on March 06, 2012, 04:13:28 PM

that'd be nice, I could pop round with a bottle of wine. Whereabouts are you?

Siz

Quote from: Too Few Lions on March 06, 2012, 04:38:43 PM
Quote from: Scissorlegs on March 06, 2012, 04:13:28 PM

that'd be nice, I could pop round with a bottle of wine. Whereabouts are you?

No, you muppet! D'you not watch the news? Dale Farm Travellers camp:

But I'm in South London if you're passing....

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Crow

Sounds exciting, what made you decide on the travelers life?
Retired member.

Too Few Lions

D'oh!

there I was imagining you lived on a beautiful farm somewhere in the Yorkshire Dales!

Too Few Lions

Quote from: Crow on March 06, 2012, 05:02:49 PM

I sold my flat at the end of January, and fancy seeing a bit of the world. Very bored of doing the same thing week in week out, so am (hopefully) starting a year's sabbatical in April, and going to travel Europe in a motorhome. I've wanted to do it for years, and I've finally now got the finances to be able to.

Ali

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on March 06, 2012, 03:39:29 PM

*snerk*

I'm back to my normal attire today.  I've got these awesome flats that look dressy from the top but are basically tennis shoes on bottom.  I actually ran in them one time at the gym when I forgot to pack my trainers, and it was fine.  Yay for sensible shoes.

OooOoo where'd you get them?
Edit: That's right, fellas. I'm going to turn this into a shoe thread!

I got mine at Kohl's, but they are basically like this: 

http://fashionbug.lanebryant.com/shoes/skechers-reg-sneakers/skechers-reg-step-up-mary-janes/13833c5112p33364/index.pro?sid=FEEDFB:Goog&mcid=FEED&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=33364

When I say "dressy" I mean "dressy enough for business casual.

Buddy

Quote from: Too Few Lions on March 06, 2012, 05:11:11 PM
Quote from: Crow on March 06, 2012, 05:02:49 PM

I sold my flat at the end of January, and fancy seeing a bit of the world. Very bored of doing the same thing week in week out, so am (hopefully) starting a year's sabbatical in April, and going to travel Europe in a motorhome. I've wanted to do it for years, and I've finally now got the finances to be able to.

Do you have any plans for locations yet?
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.