News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Quote from: Tank on January 30, 2012, 09:40:14 PM
Quote from: Ali on January 30, 2012, 09:37:10 PM

Sometimes in the middle of the night.  I'll wake up and be insanely worried about money or work or my parenting or something, but then in the morning I'm normal again and know that everything is fine and it was ridiculous to be so freaked out the night before.  But in this case, I don't even have a ridiculous worry to obsess about.    Bleh.
So you're worrying about worrying? Well that's my wife to a T! Medication changes?

Haha, yes, I guess I am.

I have been taking an antibiotic for the past couple of days, but other than that I am taking what I always take.  Could an antibiotic cause crazy anxious feelings?

Davin

Quote from: Tank on January 30, 2012, 09:28:55 PM
Quote from: Ali on January 30, 2012, 09:27:16 PM
Quote from: Davin on January 30, 2012, 09:10:11 PM
Quote from: Ali on January 30, 2012, 09:02:08 PM
I don't know what my deal is.  I am so freaking anxious today, and I have no idea why.  Someone talk me down! lol
TOO MUCH COFFEE!!!!

I only had one cup!  And then a large iced tea.  Hmmmmm.  Too much caffiene in the tea?

Tank - totally unspecified angst.  I seriously don't know why I feel this way, but it's a really terrible feeling.  I need to meditate or something.
Ever felt like this before? If so what caused it?

Sometimes in the middle of the night.  I'll wake up and be insanely worried about money or work or my parenting or something, but then in the morning I'm normal again and know that everything is fine and it was ridiculous to be so freaked out the night before.  But in this case, I don't even have a ridiculous worry to obsess about.    Bleh.
I think I've been getting a similar feeling of anxiety lately, mine might be for different reasons: I've been spending a lot more time at home lately, SuperFes and I are brothers so we both have the same concerns about our father and my sleep has dropped from 2-4 hours a day to 1-2 hours a day.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Ali

Quote from: Davin on January 30, 2012, 09:58:58 PM
Quote from: Tank on January 30, 2012, 09:28:55 PM
Quote from: Ali on January 30, 2012, 09:27:16 PM
Quote from: Davin on January 30, 2012, 09:10:11 PM
Quote from: Ali on January 30, 2012, 09:02:08 PM
I don't know what my deal is.  I am so freaking anxious today, and I have no idea why.  Someone talk me down! lol
TOO MUCH COFFEE!!!!

I only had one cup!  And then a large iced tea.  Hmmmmm.  Too much caffiene in the tea?

Tank - totally unspecified angst.  I seriously don't know why I feel this way, but it's a really terrible feeling.  I need to meditate or something.
Ever felt like this before? If so what caused it?

I think I've been getting a similar feeling of anxiety lately, mine might be for different reasons: I've been spending a lot more time at home lately, SuperFes and I are brothers so we both have the same concerns about our father and my sleep has dropped from 2-4 hours a day to 1-2 hours a day.

Oh my gosh Davin, I didn't know that was your dad too!  I was so glad to read that he seems to be doing well other than getting fed up with being at the hospital.  I would say that you and your brother both have a very good reason to be stressed right now.

But did I read right that you usually only sleep 2-4 hours a day?  Holy crap.  I would be worthless.  I barely struggle by on 8 hours a day!  I much prefer 9 or 10!

Tank

Quote from: Ali on January 30, 2012, 09:56:18 PM
Quote from: Tank on January 30, 2012, 09:40:14 PM

So you're worrying about worrying? Well that's my wife to a T! Medication changes?

Haha, yes, I guess I am.

I have been taking an antibiotic for the past couple of days, but other than that I am taking what I always take.  Could an antibiotic cause crazy anxious feelings?
Not a doctor and I've never heard of antibiotics causing the symptoms you are talking about. Not being a great deal of help here :(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: Davin on January 30, 2012, 09:58:58 PM
I'm amazed that anybody can get by on such little sleep!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Buddy

Well, after being well oiled and walked for an hour Vinnie is finally getting things regulated again. Now we just need to watch him closely for a few days just to be sure it doesn't flare up. (huge sigh of relief)
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

Quote from: Tank on January 30, 2012, 10:05:13 PM
Not a doctor and I've never heard of antibiotics causing the symptoms you are talking about. Not being a great deal of help here :(

That's okay.   Actually, just talking it out with you for a minute seemed to ease it pretty well.  I think all of your questions helped me focus on it better and realize that I really don't have anything to be anxious about.  That was weird though!  Anyway, thanks for talking me out of it.  :)

Budhorse, so glad that Vinnie is doing better.  That must be a huge weight off of your shoulders!

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 30, 2012, 10:13:15 PM
Well, after being well oiled and walked for an hour Vinnie is finally getting things regulated again. Now we just need to watch him closely for a few days just to be sure it doesn't flare up. (huge sigh of relief)

Tank

Quote from: Ali on January 30, 2012, 10:15:51 PM
Quote from: Tank on January 30, 2012, 10:05:13 PM

That's okay.   Actually, just talking it out with you for a minute seemed to ease it pretty well.  I think all of your questions helped me focus on it better and realize that I really don't have anything to be anxious about.  That was weird though!  Anyway, thanks for talking me out of it.  :)
You're welcome  :)

Mocha Chief

Well today I'm thinking about getting my guitar out and learning the rest of this song I like

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on January 30, 2012, 10:18:20 PM

A very appropriate use for that smiley! :D

Thanks for the well wishes Ali
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Buddy

Quote from: Mocha Chief on January 30, 2012, 10:21:13 PM
Well today I'm thinking about getting my guitar out and learning the rest of this song I like

What song is that?

Davin

Quote from: Ali on January 30, 2012, 10:02:14 PMOh my gosh Davin, I didn't know that was your dad too!  I was so glad to read that he seems to be doing well other than getting fed up with being at the hospital.  I would say that you and your brother both have a very good reason to be stressed right now.
So far he's doing well, hopefully tomorrow is his last surgery. Then a few months of rehab... not the drug addiction kind.

Quote from: AliBut did I read right that you usually only sleep 2-4 hours a day?  Holy crap.  I would be worthless.  I barely struggle by on 8 hours a day!  I much prefer 9 or 10!
Aye, you read it correctly. For a while, I used to sleep better (like 4-6 hours a night), but now I'm back to not sleeping very much. On the weekends I can usually manage 6 hours. I think we humans are very good at adapting to things, after a while, I think any one could learn to function on very little sleep. 6 hours seems to be my best feeling amount of of sleep, but I so rarely get 8 or more hours that I'm not sure if that's even better.

But anyway, any kind of significant changes in your life or is this anxiety just like a today only thing? If it's the latter, that just happens sometimes, only worry about it if it doesn't pass.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Davin

Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 30, 2012, 10:21:44 PM
Quote from: Tank on January 30, 2012, 10:18:20 PM

A very appropriate use for that smiley! :D

Thanks for the well wishes Ali
Excellent news!

Buddy

Mom left me alone in the car with an iPod jack. Commence moblile rave. ;D