News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buddy

Well, horses can't throw up. So colic is when their digestive system gets blocked up. It can either be from something that they've eaten that get's stuck, or their intestine can get twisted for whatever reason. A horse that is colicing will kick and bite at their sides, roll around on the ground repeatedly. and generally look uncomfortable. One of the most important thing is to keep them walking and don't let them roll. Rolling can cause the intestine to twist, which is super serious. Walking helps loosen the blockage and get things moving again. If that doesn't work, which in Vinnie's case isn't, a vet will insert a tube through their nose and into the stomach and pour in some oil. Nine times out of ten it does the trick and clears everything out. If it doesn't come unblocked, then it can turn deadly. I know many people who have lost horses to colic.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Buddy

Quote from: MariaEvri on January 30, 2012, 06:00:38 PM
I think that if this keeps up I'll fall into depression. I feel so different from everybody else, so out of place, I cant find anyone to share my interests, and the few "friends" I had... I dropped them...

Maria, I totally know how you feel. The only people I feel that I'm close to are my family.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

Budhorse - Please keep us updated on Vinnie.  I hope that the oil does the trick.

Maria - I don't know specifically what your interests are, but I know that a lot of different groups hold "meet ups" for local people that enjoy the same thing.  Maybe you could find a local group that enjoys a hobby that you also enjoy?  I'm sorry that you are feeling lonely.  I know how that goes.   :)

Buddy

Quote from: Ali on January 30, 2012, 06:09:54 PM
Budhorse - Please keep us updated on Vinnie.  I hope that the oil does the trick.

Will do.

En_Route

Quote from: Ali on January 29, 2012, 01:06:20 AM
Am I the only person on this forum whose never shot a gun? 

Only a small minority of people in Ireland could lay claim to that distinction. Legal ownership is stringently regulated and licences are generally granted  only for sporting use. Illegal ownership is not common but comes in useful if you want to rob banks, shoot people you disapprove of or succeed in politics (none of these being mutually exclusive).
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

En_Route

Quote from: MariaEvri on January 30, 2012, 06:00:38 PM
I think that if this keeps up I'll fall into depression. I feel so different from everybody else, so out of place, I cant find anyone to share my interests, and the few "friends" I had... I dropped them...

I know how this feels. When you're feeling low it's hard to take positive steps to improve your situation and it's not easy to break out of the vicious cycle which ensues. Conversely, beginning to take control and being pro-active about your situation is energising and helps to elevate your mood. Easier said than done. Is there anyone you could talk to or is there counselling available which might provide support and encouragement?r 
Some ideas are so stupid only an intellectual could believe them (Orwell).

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Ali

I don't know what my deal is.  I am so freaking anxious today, and I have no idea why.  Someone talk me down! lol

Davin

Quote from: Ali on January 30, 2012, 09:02:08 PM
I don't know what my deal is.  I am so freaking anxious today, and I have no idea why.  Someone talk me down! lol
TOO MUCH COFFEE!!!!
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tank

So what are you anxious about or is it non-specific angst?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Ali

Quote from: Davin on January 30, 2012, 09:10:11 PM
TOO MUCH COFFEE!!!!

I only had one cup!  And then a large iced tea.  Hmmmmm.  Too much caffiene in the tea?

Tank - totally unspecified angst.  I seriously don't know why I feel this way, but it's a really terrible feeling.  I need to meditate or something.

Tank

Quote from: Ali on January 30, 2012, 09:27:16 PM
TOO MUCH COFFEE!!!!

I only had one cup!  And then a large iced tea.  Hmmmmm.  Too much caffiene in the tea?

Tank - totally unspecified angst.  I seriously don't know why I feel this way, but it's a really terrible feeling.  I need to meditate or something.
Ever felt like this before? If so what caused it?

Ali

Quote from: Tank on January 30, 2012, 09:28:55 PM
Quote from: Ali on January 30, 2012, 09:27:16 PM
TOO MUCH COFFEE!!!!

Ever felt like this before? If so what caused it?

Sometimes in the middle of the night.  I'll wake up and be insanely worried about money or work or my parenting or something, but then in the morning I'm normal again and know that everything is fine and it was ridiculous to be so freaked out the night before.  But in this case, I don't even have a ridiculous worry to obsess about.    Bleh.

Tank

Quote from: Ali on January 30, 2012, 09:37:10 PM

Sometimes in the middle of the night.  I'll wake up and be insanely worried about money or work or my parenting or something, but then in the morning I'm normal again and know that everything is fine and it was ridiculous to be so freaked out the night before.  But in this case, I don't even have a ridiculous worry to obsess about.    Bleh.
So you're worrying about worrying? Well that's my wife to a T! Medication changes?