News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

history_geek

Quote from: Guardian85 on January 27, 2012, 11:28:47 PM
Quote from: Whitney on January 26, 2012, 11:03:42 PM
today my phone dropped out of my pocket and took a bath in the toilet...it didn't survive; turns on, won't make calls, won't turn off without pulling battery and screen flickers.  So I got to deal with that and now have this really awesome old loaner phone until my replacement phone comes in (apparently have to wait till early february according to the processing email i got today...blah).  I use my phone for almost everything...calorie tracking, podcasts, ebooks, pinterest...I miss it already.

If you were a dude, this would just be a good excuse to go get a newer, better, cooler phone with a lot of features and gizmos you are never, ever gonna use. Or is that just me?  ::)

Guess twice whose brother has had two phones washed, and toilet dunked not one, but two iPad Touche's.... ;D

...or was it one phone and iPad washed and the same toilet dunked...hmmmm?

All complete accidents of course :) And a new or better one was always given...

And I think the current iPad is the fourth one since I remember something else happening to the third..... :-\
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

Whitney

Quote from: Guardian85 on January 27, 2012, 11:28:47 PM
today my phone dropped out of my pocket and took a bath in the toilet...it didn't survive; turns on, won't make calls, won't turn off without pulling battery and screen flickers.  So I got to deal with that and now have this really awesome old loaner phone until my replacement phone comes in (apparently have to wait till early february according to the processing email i got today...blah).  I use my phone for almost everything...calorie tracking, podcasts, ebooks, pinterest...I miss it already.

If you were a dude, this would just be a good excuse to go get a newer, better, cooler phone with a lot of features and gizmos you are never, ever gonna use. Or is that just me?  ::)

It was the newer cooler one with gizmos I don't need...my excuse was that my husband was getting one :)
I'm just glad I didn't have to replace it at full cost.

Found out today that the new one already shipped so at least I don't have to wait as long as I thought...i really don't like the loaner phone.

Whitney

Quote from: Tank on January 27, 2012, 10:15:12 AM
today my phone dropped out of my pocket and took a bath in the toilet...it didn't survive; turns on, won't make calls, won't turn off without pulling battery and screen flickers.  So I got to deal with that and now have this really awesome old loaner phone until my replacement phone comes in (apparently have to wait till early february according to the processing email i got today...blah).  I use my phone for almost everything...calorie tracking, podcasts, ebooks, pinterest...I miss it already.
Go to a car accessory shop and buy some de-ionised water. Take the battery out of your phone. Flush your phone and the battery with the water at least three times. Shake out as much water as you can and then put the phone in the airing cupbord for 24 hours without the battery or cover on it. 95% chance it will work fine after this.

I'll try that the next time...what's an airing cupboar?  I had the order for the replacement placed within an hour of the accident...business phone and need to be able to make/receive calls.

Too Few Lions

Quote from: Ali on January 27, 2012, 09:53:55 PM
Congrats TFL!
thanks Ali, I only got what Tank was implying about posting less on HAF now I'm living with my girlfriend after I replied. Tank I need winky faces if there's smut involved  ;) particularly when I only got three hours sleep last night!

The Magic Pudding

God is perfect
God is Love

I see these threads and I'm filled with the urge to start a "God is a Fluffy Pillow" thread.

I should be OK now when I see them, bless the creator Steve Reason for his foresight, providing foolishness with a place to go.

Too Few Lions

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on January 28, 2012, 01:48:27 AM
God is perfect
God is Love
I see these threads and I'm filled with the urge to start a "God is a Fluffy Pillow" thread.
do it, it would make a great thread to debate Egor on!

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Too Few Lions on January 28, 2012, 01:58:36 AM
Quote from: The Magic Pudding on January 28, 2012, 01:48:27 AM
God is perfect
God is Love
do it, it would make a great thread to debate Egor on!

It could be a "God is ..... What?" thread.

God is a Cosmic Bulldozer.
God is Chicken Soup When You're Ill.
God is Watching You in the Shower.

Too Few Lions

I like your thinking MP, it could be like the classic 'Love is...' books.

God is a jacket potato.
God is a lemon meringue in the rain.
God is the first crap in the morning.

We should definitely have a 'God is....' thread, maybe with illustrations of a bearded old man in the 'Love is...' style to accompany each post

Buddy

Why does to remind me of the infamous "Ceiling Cat is watching you ..."?
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

The Magic Pudding

Sweetdeath

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Brieze

God made Epic Beard Man for teh lulz  :D

Ali

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Ali on January 28, 2012, 06:47:21 AM
Heh.  Jacket Potato.

That's not how it goes.

Forgive me oh Jacket Potato for I have skinned......you.

Tank

Quote from: Too Few Lions on January 28, 2012, 01:41:25 AM
Quote from: Ali on January 27, 2012, 09:53:55 PM
Congrats TFL!
thanks Ali, I only got what Tank was implying about posting less on HAF now I'm living with my girlfriend after I replied. Tank I need winky faces if there's smut involved  ;) particularly when I only got three hours sleep last night!
Given your sleep deprived state you're forgiven for not catching on  ;)
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.