News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Music cassettes? Where did you dispose of them? At an antiques museum? ;D
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 18, 2012, 05:08:35 AM
Music cassettes? Where did you dispose of them? At an antiques museum? ;D

No, not a museum just out on the street for a junk pickup.
Do you think a museum would be interested? There's some good stuff there.

Brieze

Making friends has been on my mind today. I've never set out into the world with that particular goal in mind, so I'm debating how to tackle it. All my friends are getting pregnant or not living here. I need some bar-hopping buddies =p

Too Few Lions

I just had my solicitor ring me to say that the buyers of my flat want to complete next Wednesday, which is all rather out of the blue. Seven days to empty my flat, sell stuff and put other stuff in my folks' loft *panic!*

Tank

Quote from: Brieze on January 18, 2012, 06:10:05 AM
Making friends has been on my mind today. I've never set out into the world with that particular goal in mind, so I'm debating how to tackle it. All my friends are getting pregnant or not living here. I need some bar-hopping buddies =p
It's a bit of a change of life thing there. My eldest daughter found the same problem at around your age. As you say the early start family mob are busy making babies and one's friends are upping sticks and moving around. And it's worse in the USA as it's so large! My daughter's social network collapsed to a handful of close friends. She makes friends easily, she is totally chatty and will talk to any body, a chip off the old block in that respect. Do you know th simplest way to start a conversation? Smile at someone and if they smile back sy hi! It's not rocket science, we evolved to communicate, we are nature's supreme communicators.

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Tank on January 18, 2012, 11:34:32 AMSmile at someone and if they smile back sy hi! It's not rocket science, we evolved to communicate, we are nature's supreme communicators.

There's a line in a song "I don't have a smile I can turn on."
I always identified with it, I smile but my smile isn't for sale, if it's there it's real.
There could be a psychologist that comforts with a smile and helps.
We all know the salesman stereotype with the big teeth.

Yes I'm sure you only flick your smile on for good. ;D

Buddy

Just found out that our complete douche of a principal will have to kiss my python to raise money for our FFA chapter. ;D revenge has never been sweeter.

*Edit- I also just found out that Thea (my snakey) and I are going to have a picture all to ourselves in the school's yearbook. ;D first time ever being in it other than a school picture.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 18, 2012, 01:59:03 PM
Just found out that our complete douche of a principal will have to kiss my python to raise money for our FFA chapter. ;D revenge has never been sweeter.
LOL! Excellent news!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on January 18, 2012, 02:22:47 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 18, 2012, 01:59:03 PM
LOL! Excellent news!

She's come to school a few times this year. Most people seem to like her.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Ali

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on January 18, 2012, 01:04:47 PM
Quote from: Tank on January 18, 2012, 11:34:32 AMSmile at someone and if they smile back sy hi! It's not rocket science, we evolved to communicate, we are nature's supreme communicators.

There's a line in a song "I don't have a smile I can turn on."
I always identified with it, I smile but my smile isn't for sale, if it's there it's real.
There could be a psychologist that comforts with a smile and helps.
We all know the salesman stereotype with the big teeth.

Yes I'm sure you only flick your smile on for good. ;D

I like a genuine smile, but they say that smiling actually elevates your mood, so perhaps if you smiled more, you would feel like smiling more?  No?

I smile all of the time.  It's kind of my go-to facial expression.  I smile when I'm happy, but also when I'm nervous, or uncomfortable, and sometimes when I'm angry (but that involves sort of crazy eyes as well as a smile.)  I can't really help it.  I guess I have a smile that I can't turn off.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Ali on January 18, 2012, 02:27:14 PM

I like a genuine smile, but they say that smiling actually elevates your mood, so perhaps if you smiled more, you would feel like smiling more?  No?

Oh ye maybe, those people who go and laugh in a park seem jolly.
I don't really want to play with my mood that much, if it's in a hole I suppose I'd try laughing my way out. 
Normally I think lows accentuate highs.

Ali

I gotcha.  Kind of a "how would we know happiness if that were our resting state?"

Oh man, I just made the mistake of looking in the mirror when I was washing my hands.  5 days of illness and counting has done nothing for my looks, such as they are.  I'm as pale as a sheet except for the area around my nose which is dark pink, and my eyes, which are bloodshot and ringed in dark shadows (presumably from barely getting any sleep because of coughing and waking up to blow my nose all night.)  I look just about ready to eat somebody's brains! LOL!

ETA:

<a href="http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f131/aasaliman/Snapshot_20120118.jpg">Seeeeend mooooooore braaaaaaains</a>

ETA:  I have no idea why my html isn't working.  It's supposed to be a link that says "Send mooore brains" and then brings up that picture.  Mod help?  Or just html smart person help?

ryan.

No reddit. I don't know what to do today.  :-\

Sweetdeath

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Ali