Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asmodean

Quote from: Ali on January 15, 2012, 07:30:10 PM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on January 15, 2012, 05:13:22 AM
Watching Saturday Night Live with Daniel Radcliff. <3

Haven't watched it yet, but can't wait! (Have it DVR'ed, just waiting for the hubs to come home.)

Did you know he's an atheist?  :D  Another reason to love him....

http://freethinker.co.uk/2009/07/06/shock-horror-harry-potter-star-daniel-radcliffe-is-an-atheist/

Seen this comment:

QuoteTerri
July 6th, 2009 at 2:48 pm

HE IS NOT AN ATHEST!!!!!! THAT'S WRONG INFORMATION. DO NOT BELIEVE IT HE IS NOT AN ATHEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needs more exclamation marks to be perfectly convincing.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ali

Quote from: Asmodean on January 15, 2012, 10:32:50 PM
Quote from: Ali on January 15, 2012, 07:30:10 PM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on January 15, 2012, 05:13:22 AM
Watching Saturday Night Live with Daniel Radcliff. <3

Haven't watched it yet, but can't wait! (Have it DVR'ed, just waiting for the hubs to come home.)

Did you know he's an atheist?  :D  Another reason to love him....

http://freethinker.co.uk/2009/07/06/shock-horror-harry-potter-star-daniel-radcliffe-is-an-atheist/

Seen this comment:

QuoteTerri
July 6th, 2009 at 2:48 pm

HE IS NOT AN ATHEST!!!!!! THAT'S WRONG INFORMATION. DO NOT BELIEVE IT HE IS NOT AN ATHEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needs more exclamation marks to be perfectly convincing.

Haha, another example of where believers are simply unwilling to be convinced by the evidence right in front of their eyes.

Sweetdeath

Haha, they act as if it is such a bad thing to be atheist. XP
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Ali

Atheists rock!!!!  And I am NOT just saying that because I just got back from my parents' house and they plied me with most of a bottle of red wine. We really do rock.  For reals.

ETA:  Sweetdeath!!!  You're older than the big bang!  When did that happen?  Congrats!  Also, if you don't mind, what is your real name?  I feel silly calling you Sweetdeath.  If you don't tell me, I'm going to make something up like Sweet'ums.   ;)

Sweetdeath

Jealous. I wish my dad was an atheist. Hearing stuff like "knowing the truth" and "being aware" gets very old, very fast.

Oh, will you look at that?? I was "Created God"  not too long ago. XD cool! I am almost at 2,000 posts.
Aww, hee hee
Welp, my name is Magenta. ^^~!
So, you can call me that or Sweet Death. Or even Sweet D. <3 :)

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Ali

Magenta!   GORGEOUS color.  Love it.  But I'll call you whatever you like.  I think Sweet D suits you.  My real name is Alissa, but I only use it in formal settings; I much prefer Ali.  So deal, I'll call you Sweet D if that is what you prefer, if you'll call me Ali.  :D

The Magic Pudding

Stolen by The Magic Pudding from the HAF cutlery draw.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on January 16, 2012, 05:51:12 AM

Stolen by The Magic Pudding from the HAF cutlery draw.

Hats and cutlery. Now I know that's your thing ;D

A hat/cutlery hybrid? Nah...that won't work.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sweetdeath

^-^ Thanks, Ali~
I love your icon btw. Always makes me laugh.

Nice spoon, Puddin'.

Ali

Haha, thanks!  Every year our neighbor does this very elaborate Christmas light display, including my icon.  In context, I recognize it as "The Bumble" from that old claymation "Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer".  But the first time my husband ever saw it, he said something along the lines of "What is that?!?  Is that an ape with boobs????!?"  So that's what we call it, and now the Christmas Season is not in full swing until the Ape With Boobs makes an appearance.  Makes me laugh too!

xSilverPhinx

I wondering if a Freudian could explain if Fred Phelps senior is a gay. The guy has plenty of kids and has become somewhat a professional homophobe.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Ali on January 16, 2012, 08:18:57 AM
Haha, thanks!  Every year our neighbor does this very elaborate Christmas light display, including my icon.  In context, I recognize it as "The Bumble" from that old claymation "Rudolph the Rednosed Reindeer".  But the first time my husband ever saw it, he said something along the lines of "What is that?!?  Is that an ape with boobs????!?"  So that's what we call it, and now the Christmas Season is not in full swing until the Ape With Boobs makes an appearance.  Makes me laugh too!

I'd completely forgotten about the Bumble, I thought it was an Abominable Snow-woman.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Buddy

Parent- teacher conferences are coming up, and the entire school has do do a power point telling about ourselves. Really? We're high schoolers, not toddlers. And if somebody's parent doesn't know there kid's name, then there is something wrong with that. I tried to refuse to do it, but they threatened me with detention. My mom isn't even going to the conference.  >:( Complete waste of my time.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 16, 2012, 06:03:23 PM
Parent- teacher conferences are coming up, and the entire school has do do a power point telling about ourselves. Really? We're high schoolers, not toddlers. And if somebody's parent doesn't know there kid's name, then there is something wrong with that. I tried to refuse to do it, but they threatened me with detention. My mom isn't even going to the conference.  >:( Complete waste of my time.
Knock 'um dead! Animations, sound, video of you riding and another one of all your pets!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.