News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on January 06, 2012, 05:50:55 PM
I have a question. Do we have a thread somewhere that we can tell our experiences with stupid religious people? I have a funny one that happened during lunch but I'm not sure where to post it. 
If it's mainly how you feel religion effects their behaviour; then Religion.
If it's mainly how you feel their behaviour effects/impacts on you because you are an atheist: then Life as an atheist.

But either would be OK.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on January 07, 2012, 01:21:55 AM
Quote from: Cecilie on January 07, 2012, 12:59:13 AM
I like the second one. Very catchy.

I'm open to suggestions, the divine hatred hasn't showed up yet, maybe if I get the title right it will.  It could be a test, it is a test, I know it is a test.

Believe in God or Go to Hell, It's Your Destiny
Believe in God or Go to Hell to Suffer Eternal Pain, It's What He Made You For.

I like the "it's what he made you made you for" one.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

MariaEvri

me headbanging
iguana watching with cocked head as if thinking "what the...."
me noticing iguana staring
me starting to baby talk to him
iguana turns head away as if thinking "what an idiot"
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

znk666

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on January 07, 2012, 01:21:55 AM
Quote from: Cecilie on January 07, 2012, 12:59:13 AM
I like the second one. Very catchy.

I'm open to suggestions, the divine hatred hasn't showed up yet, maybe if I get the title right it will.  It could be a test, it is a test, I know it is a test.

Believe in God or Go to Hell, It's Your Destiny
Believe in God or Go to Hell to Suffer Eternal Pain, It's What He Made You For.
How about a more commonly used one:
Believe in God or Go to Hell to Suffer Eternal Pain,the decision is up to you.
or
Believe in God or Go to Hell to Suffer Eternal Pain,It's your choice.
There are people who want to make men's lives more difficult for no other reason than the chance it provides them afterwards to offer their prescription for alleviating life; their Christianity, for instance.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

Tank

Quote from: MariaEvri on January 07, 2012, 01:51:58 PM
me headbanging

That created a wonderful 'mental movie'!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

OldGit

Quote from: Mariame headbanging

Try talking to him in English?

DeterminedJuliet

My husband is very hard to wake up and a lot of the time, as he's waking up, he says things that make absolutely no sense.
Last night our son woke up and it was my husband's turn to get up with him, so I poked him a couple of times. At that point he turned to me and asked, clear as a bell, "are there a number of seats which are optimal for vicars?"

I almost died laughing, which did not amuse him at that time. And, of course, there's nothing harder than not laughing when you aren't supposed to  :P

"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on January 07, 2012, 06:43:33 PM
My husband is very hard to wake up and a lot of the time, as he's waking up, he says things that make absolutely no sense.
Last night our son woke up and it was my husband's turn to get up with him, so I poked him a couple of times. At that point he turned to me and asked, clear as a bell, "are there a number of seats which are optimal for vicars?"

I almost died laughing, which did not amuse him at that time. And, of course, there's nothing harder than not laughing when you aren't supposed to  :P

LOL

You should've given him an answer, started a conversation based and waited to see how long he would take to notice the strange scene (i.e wake up).
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 07, 2012, 11:01:22 PM

LOL

You should've given him an answer, started a conversation based and waited to see how long he would take to notice the strange scene (i.e wake up).
That would have been so cruel.

How about this poor chap (Put down any food and drink and empty your mouth BEFORE following the link!) Sleep Talkin' Man.

Stevil

My wife is like that. It is weird, soon afterwards she realises that what she is just said made no sense, she smiles and then goes back to sleep.

Cecilie

The world's what you create.

Tank

Quote from: Cecilie on January 08, 2012, 09:32:55 AM
Ahahaha. Great link, Tank.
Thanks. He was all the rage a couple of years ago when he first went viral. I didn't realise they were keeping up their blog!

Cecilie

This one's brilliant:

"You're like a slinky: Pointless and useless, but you bring a smile to my face when I push you down the stairs."
The world's what you create.

Tank

Quote from: Cecilie on January 08, 2012, 09:58:18 AM
This one's brilliant:

"You're like a slinky: Pointless and useless, but you bring a smile to my face when I push you down the stairs."

Once you get going there are hundreds of fun comments.

An interview from a few years ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mAAOaoswXw

znk666

Quote from: Cecilie on January 08, 2012, 09:58:18 AM
This one's brilliant:

There are people who want to make men's lives more difficult for no other reason than the chance it provides them afterwards to offer their prescription for alleviating life; their Christianity, for instance.
-Friedrich Nietzsche