News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeterminedJuliet

Tomorrow, our little clan will be going back to the motherland for a few days, so I'll likely be off the radar for a little while.
Don't let anything too fun happen while I'm gone.
And remember, WWDJD? (just kidding, think for yourself!  ;D)
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

OldGit

I'll include it in my decisions together with WWFSMD.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: OldGit on December 22, 2011, 02:22:59 PM
I'll include it in my decisions together with WWFSMD.

WWFSMADJD has a ring to it.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

The Magic Pudding

DeterminedJuliet

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Buddy

Ahhh. Finally a moment to sit down and post something after a crazy week. I swear, I woke up thinking it was Tuesday. Got all of my Christmas shopping done, shipped packages off on Monday. Now, I get too sit back, enjoy the holidays, and hopefully catch up on anything I missed. Starting with a new Bones tonight.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Asmodean

Ah! Christmas shopping... The Asmo bought Short Stuff some toys and a couple of things for some far-away friends, one of whom will have to get his later, what with him not being home to recieve the package.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Asmodean on December 22, 2011, 08:18:05 PM
Ah! Christmas shopping... The Asmo bought Short Stuff some toys

Is Short Stuff a rat?
I don't buy pets presents because they never return the favour.
Oh they might bring in a dead bird, bandicoot or something but nothing I want.
I can see this could work differently for you.

Asmodean

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on December 23, 2011, 01:11:38 AM
Is Short Stuff a rat?
Several, in fact. The beginnings of The Asmo's own personal army.

...I have no-one else to give presents to, really, so why not?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Asmodean on December 23, 2011, 01:12:57 AM
Quote from: The Magic Pudding on December 23, 2011, 01:11:38 AM
Is Short Stuff a rat?
Several, in fact. The beginnings of The Asmo's own personal army.

...I have no-one else to give presents to, really, so why not?

I was just playing about, "Oh they might bring in a dead bird, bandicoot or something but nothing I want." I thought may have given it away.

Anyway I liked my bowl.

Asmodean

Yes, it was a good bowl, wasn't it? Also useful as a stylish hat, a functional helmet and a flower pot. Not to mention its superior qualities in preventing the water dripping from a leaky roof from reaching the floor.  :D

...And for when it finally fails as a water containment vessel, Tank got a nice mop-like appliance from me  ;D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on December 23, 2011, 03:06:27 AM
Yes, it was a good bowl, wasn't it? Also useful as a stylish hat, a functional helmet and a flower pot. Not to mention its superior qualities in preventing the water dripping from a leaky roof from reaching the floor.  :D

...And for when it finally fails as a water containment vessel, Tank got a nice mop-like appliance from me  ;D
And much appretiated it is too!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Zarapudstra on December 23, 2011, 08:32:23 AMI see you come home with your shopping, off to the bathroom to scrub your hands and wrists until the fear of the warming meat in your cooler bag draws you back. Long ago I rejected the false reassurance of soap and water, I now eat of the worm of the dirt. But this isn't my story, I talk of the one yet to come, the super shopper who will fearlessly lick the shopping trolley handle, shun the disinfectant isle and will righteously pelt those who linger there with tuna fish cans.

You seem a bit odd Zarapudstra, and just you keep your tongue away from my trolley.

Traveler

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 22, 2011, 08:07:07 PM
...catch up on anything I missed. Starting with a new Bones tonight.

My favorite show!!! I missed that episode because my next door neighbor broke her foot. I spent the evening, up until just about midnight, waiting at the hospital with her. I hope it was a good one ... I'll watch it when they post it online.
If we ever travel thousands of light years to a planet inhabited by intelligent life, let's just make patterns in their crops and leave.