News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MariaEvri

Im thinking that during the whole year there's 2-3 major meteor shower events
but noooooooooooooo
there's moon
and clouds
suuuuuuuuuuure
let;s wait till next year!!
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Tank

Quote from: MariaEvri on December 13, 2011, 05:34:36 PM
Im thinking that during the whole year there's 2-3 major meteor shower events
but noooooooooooooo
there's moon
and clouds
suuuuuuuuuuure
The 2011 Geminid meteor shower
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Tank on December 13, 2011, 05:34:29 PM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on December 13, 2011, 05:29:39 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 13, 2011, 08:27:41 AM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on December 13, 2011, 03:39:27 AM
Got $40 in quarters for hekping my best friend's mom move/file paperwork today. XD
Why in quarters!

XD her brother was a hoarder, so she found a sack of quarters and tossed it at me. <3
We have been finding hudreds of dollars in change, and thousands in stacks of $20s.
It's pretty hardcore. She's using said money to repair the house.
Interesting.

Yeah,,real life hoarders are scary though x_x
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Buddy

Quote from: Sweetdeath on December 13, 2011, 05:40:43 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 13, 2011, 05:34:29 PM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on December 13, 2011, 05:29:39 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 13, 2011, 08:27:41 AM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on December 13, 2011, 03:39:27 AM
Got $40 in quarters for hekping my best friend's mom move/file paperwork today. XD
Why in quarters!

XD her brother was a hoarder, so she found a sack of quarters and tossed it at me. <3
We have been finding hudreds of dollars in change, and thousands in stacks of $20s.
It's pretty hardcore. She's using said money to repair the house.
Interesting.

Yeah,,real life hoarders are scary though x_x

So, I guess this is one of the few cases that hoarding wasn't such a bad thing.  :D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Asmodean

Behold my wreath! Matches what Recusant has. He donated me his spare, you see :D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

Thanks Asmo, you reminded me to make my Xmas avatar.  ;D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Recusant

Quote from: Asmodean on December 13, 2011, 06:57:53 PM
Behold my wreath! Matches what Recusant has. He donated me his spare, you see :D

I might have left them both in the cupboard if not for your inspiration, O Magister Fictilis
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

Quote from: Recusant on December 13, 2011, 07:16:47 PM
O Magister Fictilis.  

Magister Fictilis Maleficus Ingeniosus  ;D
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

OldGit

^  ^^ Getting a bit classy for the likes of me.  ;D

Quote from: MariaIm thinking that during the whole year there's 2-3 major meteor shower events
but noooooooooooooo
there's moon
and clouds
suuuuuuuuuuure

Clouds here, too.  Most annoying - and we couldn't see the lunar eclipse either.

squidfetish

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 13, 2011, 07:13:19 PM
Thanks Asmo, you reminded me to make my Xmas avatar.  ;D

Ooh good idea hehehe!!  ;D
reptilian overlord

Recusant

Quote from: Asmodean on December 13, 2011, 09:05:38 PM
Magister Fictilis Maleficus Ingeniosus  ;D

Quote from: OldGit on December 13, 2011, 09:27:55 PMClouds here, too.  Most annoying - and we couldn't see the lunar eclipse either.

I can't count the number of times I've missed worthwhile astronomical sights due to bad weather. I did make a special effort though to find a good spot and bring equipment in order to get a few photons from Halley's comet into my eyeballs (and I do mean few; it really wasn't viewable by naked eye during its last visit).  
By the way, I dig the outfit, man. It's a good look for you!

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Buddy

I took home the class pet, a Holland lop rabbit named Dixie, for winter break. That darn rabbit is having a ball chasing all of our animals. The cats are scared of her and I thought the little greyhound was going to have a heart attack. This is my kind of rabbit.  :D

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 13, 2011, 10:13:11 PM
I took home the class pet, a Holland lop rabbit named Dixie, for winter break. That darn rabbit is having a ball chasing all of our animals. The cats are scared of her and I thought the little greyhound was going to have a heart attack. This is my kind of rabbit.  :D
LOL. I wouldn't dare bring a rabbit into our house both our dogs would go for it without a doubt.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on December 13, 2011, 10:16:35 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 13, 2011, 10:13:11 PM
LOL. I wouldn't dare bring a rabbit into our house both our dogs would go for it without a doubt.

I was scared that our greyhounds would go after her, especially the retired racer, but after one good chase they leave her well alone. XD Of course, she still doesn't come out unless somebody can keep an eye on her. I'll post some pictures tomorrow.