News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

not your typical...

Oh Dawkins. My heart. I think it's gonna burst. This is too much for me right now. :P
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight
Advocate for the abnormal.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 09, 2011, 12:20:13 AM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on December 09, 2011, 12:19:17 AM
Quote from: not your typical... on December 09, 2011, 12:07:33 AM
Quote from: Tank on December 08, 2011, 11:59:00 PM
You two do know you joined HAF on the same day?
I didn't know that. Cool! and nyte Tank.... *looks at clock. sigh, only 7:07*

He across the pond, y'see.

On my mind today: one of my very favourite patients is terminally ill and it's making me very sad. I'm quite sure she's going to have to euthanized within the week. Her owners are lovely and sweet people, as well. Sigh.

Aww :( What is she?

She's a kitty. She's very old, but she's so sweet. She's had to come in every other day for the last two weeks to get subcutaneous fluids and every time she's been in she's just snuggled into my arms and purred, despite the fact that she isn't feeling well and every time she sees us she gets poked and prodded. I have such a soft spot for old kitties.  :'(
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Buddy

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on December 09, 2011, 12:57:32 AM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 09, 2011, 12:20:13 AM
Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on December 09, 2011, 12:19:17 AM
Quote from: not your typical... on December 09, 2011, 12:07:33 AM
Quote from: Tank on December 08, 2011, 11:59:00 PM
You two do know you joined HAF on the same day?
I didn't know that. Cool! and nyte Tank.... *looks at clock. sigh, only 7:07*

He across the pond, y'see.

On my mind today: one of my very favourite patients is terminally ill and it's making me very sad. I'm quite sure she's going to have to euthanized within the week. Her owners are lovely and sweet people, as well. Sigh.

Aww :( What is she?

She's a kitty. She's very old, but she's so sweet. She's had to come in every other day for the last two weeks to get subcutaneous fluids and every time she's been in she's just snuggled into my arms and purred, despite the fact that she isn't feeling well and every time she sees us she gets poked and prodded. I have such a soft spot for old kitties.  :'(

Awww. I'm so sorry to hear that.
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

We treat our animals better than each other some times.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

lmbarre

What is making atheists here "happy?" (HAF)
puppet

Asmodean

Quote from: lmbarre on December 09, 2011, 11:05:10 AM
Whatever toots our individual horns.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

cshearer

The fact that I work with some pretty stellar individuals tonight. I really cannot wait. :)
"Fishing relaxes me. It's like yoga, except I still get to kill something."

Sandra Craft

I've got a terrible chest cold, I'm on vile tasting drugs, my neighbor is a noisy idiot (had an enormous screaming fight with his boyfriend at 2 a.m. this morning) but I'm dressed in flannel pj's in the middle of the day and watching a movie with both Bruce Willis and Alec Baldwin in it and that is making me happy.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 09, 2011, 09:40:25 PM

I've got a terrible chest cold, I'm on vile tasting drugs, my neighbor is a noisy idiot (had an enormous screaming fight with his boyfriend at 2 a.m. this morning) but I'm dressed in flannel pj's in the middle of the day and watching a movie with both Bruce Willis and Alec Baldwin in it and that is making me happy.

Jokes about rubbing 'Vic' on your chest would be inappropriate?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on December 09, 2011, 10:09:10 PM

That depends on the "Vic".  I don't suppose that could be stretched to "Viggo"?  I guess not.

But I must make a note to pick up some Vick's vap-o-rub, thanks for the reminder.
Sandy

Tank

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 09, 2011, 10:12:00 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 09, 2011, 10:09:10 PM

That depends on the "Vic".  I don't suppose that could be stretched to "Viggo"?  I guess not.

But I must make a note to pick up some Vick's vap-o-rub, thanks for the reminder.

You'll have to make do with this and your imagination.

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Tank on December 09, 2011, 10:22:32 PM
You'll have to make do with this and your imagination.

Oh, that's a good one!  Straight to my desktop it went.
Sandy

history_geek

Anyone else know "bloodrunsclear" on YouTube? He makes some awesome (fake) trailers.

I just can't believe I spent about 3 hours debating with him. About religion. And finding out that his apparently a creatonist of some degree :o

Still, love his vids, so intend to keep him in my subs  :P
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

Sandra Craft

Quote from: history_geek on December 09, 2011, 11:02:29 PM
Anyone else know "bloodrunsclear" on YouTube?

Just out of curiousity, is he a Farscape fanboy?
Sandy

history_geek

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on December 10, 2011, 01:25:13 AM
Quote from: history_geek on December 09, 2011, 11:02:29 PM
Anyone else know "bloodrunsclear" on YouTube?

Just out of curiousity, is he a Farscape fanboy?

I'm not sure. But now, after only a five or so hours, I feel like I've been royally trolled... -_-'
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i