News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 08, 2011, 12:45:09 PM
Quote from: Tank on December 08, 2011, 12:33:25 PM

I wasn't going to 'name names' but you could be right  :D
Personally I love a busy forum and it's great to see the banter and people enjoying the frivolous side of life  ;D

Yesterday was fun. I enjoyed how busy it was.
How come you're awake? What time is it over there?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on December 08, 2011, 12:45:50 PM

Personally I love a busy forum and it's great to see the banter and people enjoying the frivolous side of life  ;D

7:45 I am at school right now. It starts in ten minutes
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 08, 2011, 12:46:47 PM

Ah! Well off and study then!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on December 08, 2011, 12:47:45 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 08, 2011, 12:46:47 PM

Ah! Well off and study then!

Ehh.. first period is my Peer Tutoring, and nobody ever comes in. I usually take it easy and do other homework
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

Brent

I have to research some ginger jars made out of clay in the 15th century for an Anthropology project today.  5 page paper, due tomorrow.  It's the only real challenge I've had all semester.
Quote from: Thomas JeffersonEvery generation needs a new revolution.

Quote from: Giovanni AuditoreA day will come when men no longer lie and cheat each other. And on that day, we will see what mankind is truly capable of.

Buddy

Quote from: Brent on December 08, 2011, 03:50:16 PM
I have to research some ginger jars made out of clay in the 15th century for an Anthropology project today.  5 page paper, due tomorrow.  It's the only real challenge I've had all semester.

Oh I love studying anthropology. Especially the forensic side.  ;D

Brent

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 08, 2011, 03:52:04 PM

Know anything about Arabian ginger jars in the 15th century?  Silk road? 
Types of clay, paints, where the materials came from?  lol

Quote from: Giovanni AuditoreA day will come when men no longer lie and cheat each other. And on that day, we will see what mankind is truly capable of.

Buddy

Quote from: Brent on December 08, 2011, 04:38:52 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 08, 2011, 03:52:04 PM

Know anything about Arabian ginger jars in the 15th century?  Silk road? 
Types of clay, paints, where the materials came from?  lol

I remember the silk road was where the eastern traders followed a route to the west. It was named silk road because one of the goods transported was Chinese silk, along with spices and precious resources.

Just had a test over that two weeks ago ;D

Brent

Indeed, it was basically one of the first acts of globalization.  Goods as well as ideas, religions, technology, animals, plants, and people moved from one place to another, previously too far away for primitive travel.  Around 200 BCE powerful empires were forming with the ability to trade across vast distances for the first time.  It lasted until the end of the Mongolian empire in the 13th century. 

The tricky part for my paper is my pots are from the 15th century when trade routes began reopening with the Renaissance and stuff.  Everything about the silk road is about the ancient silk road.

Buddy

Quote from: Brent on December 08, 2011, 05:45:03 PM
Indeed, it was basically one of the first acts of globalization.  Goods as well as ideas, religions, technology, animals, plants, and people moved from one place to another, previously too far away for primitive travel.  Around 200 BCE powerful empires were forming with the ability to trade across vast distances for the first time.  It lasted until the end of the Mongolian empire in the 13th century. 

The tricky part for my paper is my pots are from the 15th century when trade routes began reopening with the Renaissance and stuff.  Everything about the silk road is about the ancient silk road.

Yea, it was also the Silk road that helped spread the black plague, I think. The fleas would ride on the goods and animals, then infest the people that bought/traded said goods and animals.

Buddy

Eeep! just finished a French test. Hope I did okay. I studied for a while last night, and then during study hall. I'm not good a French so I'm really nervous.

Tank

When do you find out the result?

Buddy

Hopefully tomorrow or sometime next week. My teacher is usually pretty fast about grading tests.

Tank

Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 08, 2011, 08:02:57 PM
Hopefully tomorrow or sometime next week. My teacher is usually pretty fast about grading tests.
That's not too bad. Ihope you do alright. I'm crap at languages.

Buddy

Quote from: Tank on December 08, 2011, 08:05:11 PM
Quote from: Budhorse4 on December 08, 2011, 08:02:57 PM
That's not too bad. Ihope you do alright. I'm crap at languages.

I'm crap at Latin based languages.