News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Asmodean

Where are my seals?! I need a seal. Now! Congrats, Tank!
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Cecilie

The world's what you create.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Tank on December 06, 2011, 09:32:11 PM
Well tomorrow afternoon (Wednesday) I graduate with a 1st Bachelor of Science in Business Computing Solutions with Internet Applications. Quite looking forward to this  ;D

Well done, you need a hat.

DeterminedJuliet

That's awesome, Tank! Congrats!  Be sure to celebrate and treat yourself to something you really enjoy!  ;D

Incidently, after a crazy fall and a lot of soul-searching, I'm heading back to school next month to do a post-graduate certificate in Technical Writing. I just told my current work today. It must be the week of further education!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on December 07, 2011, 12:53:14 AM
Well tomorrow afternoon (Wednesday) I graduate with a 1st Bachelor of Science in Business Computing Solutions with Internet Applications. Quite looking forward to this  ;D

Haha! Awesome!
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Buddy

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on December 07, 2011, 12:53:14 AM

That is awesome  :D
Strange but not a stranger<br /><br />I love my car more than I love most people.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on December 07, 2011, 12:54:39 AM
Incidently, after a crazy fall and a lot of soul-searching,

Damn North America for making seasons sound like gravity related accidents.

Fi

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on December 07, 2011, 02:29:23 AM

That was my immediate thought too. XD

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Fi on December 07, 2011, 03:02:27 AM

I could write in a Newfoundland dialect if you'd like me to be even less legible. Ahem.

Well, I tells ya buddy! I was thinkin' der de udder day dat I 'as to come up wit a-nudder idear. Larrrdd tunderin' moses, sacred jaysus in the garden I can't be at dat. I'll be drove rite cracked! So back to school I gos. Meson, dat'll be da deadly gear, wah? I tells ya, b'y! 

not your typical...

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on December 07, 2011, 03:22:45 AM
I could write in a Newfoundland dialect if you'd like me to be even less legible. Ahem.

Well, I tells ya buddy! I was thinkin' der de udder day dat I 'as to come up wit a-nudder idear. Larrrdd tunderin' moses, sacred jaysus in the garden I can't be at dat. I'll be drove rite cracked! So back to school I gos. Meson, dat'll be da deadly gear, wah? I tells ya, b'y! 
Please don't do that again.... Ever.
"Accepting the truth and keeping faith is a strong thing to do. Mixing the two however, is the dumbest thing you've ever attempted." - Radical Ostriches Bringing Eternal Requiem Tonight
Advocate for the abnormal.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: not your typical... on December 07, 2011, 03:27:38 AM

Please don't do that again.... Ever.

Sounded OK to me, kinda like a Gungen/Irish hybrid.

I do use the Spring forward Fall back thing for my clocks when daylight savings is coming or going.
That and the knuckle system for long/short months keeps me on time.

Brent

Quote from: Fi on December 07, 2011, 03:02:27 AM

As a resident of Missouri, I am involuntarily forced to put up with people that speak like this on a regular basis. 
My brother thinks he's a cowboy..  Big truck, boots, country music, terrified of sheep though. 
Quote from: Thomas JeffersonEvery generation needs a new revolution.

Quote from: Giovanni AuditoreA day will come when men no longer lie and cheat each other. And on that day, we will see what mankind is truly capable of.