Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Sweetdeath on November 24, 2011, 04:25:33 PM
Ahh, hey Tank! :)

Grah, no... She was in I.C.U with liver failure for over two weeks. Then she was transferred to the hospice, where my father , sister and I watched her pass. I was just having an extra tough time because aside from my mom, dad, & sis, I hate my family. They were being obnoxious and religious the entire time. Luckily my mom was wanted to be cremated, so I am handling that this week. No funeral service, thank goodness. X_x...
But i'm okay. I'm sad, but my dad surpringly helped me through the last few weeks.
I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

It takes time to come to terms with the loss of a parent and the feelings ebb and flow. Don't be too hard on yourself and cry it out when you need to.
Massive virtual hug!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

OldGit

I've missed you, Sweetdeath.  I'm sorry it's been so awful for you, but it's pretty well over now.
Virtual hug from me, too! 

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Sweetdeath on November 24, 2011, 04:14:02 PM
Oh mannn, it has been the longest two months ever. I am super sorry for disappearing guys. My mom got sick and I had to deal with a lot. *sighs* but I really did miss this place, so i'll try to be active again.

I was wondering where you'd gone, I'm sorry it was for such a sad reason.  I don't know how to do the hug thing, but here's a kiss  :-*
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Sweetdeath

Awww, i've missed you guys as well~~!
Thanks Tank. I've cried a bit at night, since it happened last Saturday.  Thank you for all your words!
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 25, 2011, 12:17:09 AM
I don't know how to do the hug thing, but here's a kiss  :-*

Ah emotions they are a problem, you can always copy Old Gits.

Nice to have you back Sweetdeath.

Sweetdeath

Thank you, puddin'. I love your signature!!
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

Quote from: Sweetdeath on November 25, 2011, 02:55:29 AM
Even as you are being roasted in it!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on November 25, 2011, 09:24:24 AM
...And look who appears to be doing the roasting. Uncanny, that, what without arms to turn the spit, yes?  ;D
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Tank on November 25, 2011, 09:24:24 AM

She did say that before the cooking started.
Anyway, when you have such a cutesy avatar you've got to expect evil villains will roast you occasionally.

Too Few Lions

good to see you back SD, hope you're feeling ok and coping with your loss.

MagicPud, I love your signature too. I like the idea of hanging around in the primate tree with my simian cousins, and OG makes a fantastic Santa.

OldGit

Pudding, I also love your christmas sig.  Thanks for putting me in it in a non-roasting situation.   If you're borrowing my huggies (which I borrowed from elsewhere), would you mind if I used my bit as an xmas avatar?

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: OldGit on November 25, 2011, 02:08:21 PM
Pudding, I also love your christmas sig.  Thanks for putting me in it in a non-roasting situation.   If you're borrowing my huggies (which I borrowed from elsewhere), would you mind if I used my bit as an xmas avatar?

I don't mind, it might work better as just a head and a hat though.

OldGit

Ha, he even saves me the work of cloning it out.  Excellent, thank you very much, oh Puddingy One.

BTW how does a pudding feel when christmas is getting near?

Asmodean

Pudding..? Just WHAT exactly is Will up to back there?!  :o
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on November 25, 2011, 03:35:13 PM
Pudding..? Just WHAT exactly is Will up to back there?!  :o
He looks like he's driving a wedge in, the wrong war around!