News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denty420

Thought I'd share with you something that happened to me the other night.

I'm a cab driver and I work nights. Saturday night I was working and I got a booking through to go and pick up an old couple to take them to a local restaurant. So, I draw up outside the house and this nice lady and gentleman got into the car. We swapped pleasantries and chatted about the weather (as you do) as I pulled away from the kerb and started the journey.

About halfway to the restaurant there was a lull in the conversation, and after around twenty seconds silence, the old woman turned to her husband and asked, 'How are your haemorrhoids tonight, love?'

I had to bite the inside of my cheek to keep from laughing hysterically.
It does not matter if you are a person of faith or an atheist. Life shits on everybody from the same height.

OldGit

Tank

LOL! Poor bastard (the man not you)  :D

Many years ago myself and 3 other blokes were waiting for a taxi outside a hotel and when it pulled up we all bundled in. Only to be told by the driver "I'm not a taxi you know!" He was very calm but not at all amused!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Ihateyoumike

The next door neighbor's water pipe busted under his house overnight flooding the neighborhood. Now I have no water and need to take a shit, shower, and shave before work.
Damn water company has to turn the entire neighborhood's water off. Oh well, guess I'll just be stinky and hairy at work today.
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

Recusant

That's strange. Normally the water company could just shut his water off at his water meter. I wonder if it was actually a city water supply pipe that broke, rather than one of "his" pipes. I hope they have it fixed by the time you return from work.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Cecilie

The world's what you create.

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Cecilie

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Cecilie

Tank

Cecilie

Quote from: Tank on October 08, 2011, 05:27:05 PM
Quote from: Cecilie on October 08, 2011, 05:25:33 PM
Quote from: Tank on October 08, 2011, 05:16:58 PM
Quote from: Cecilie on October 08, 2011, 05:02:17 PM
Quote from: Asmodean on October 08, 2011, 04:54:32 PM
Quote from: Cecilie on October 08, 2011, 02:03:00 PM
Hello all!
Well, look who's being all back-like!  8)
I've missed you too, Asmo.
Woot! We've missed you  ;D
Thank you Tank. Nice to see you again as well.
You've got a lot of posts to catch up with young lady.
I will never catch up to your post count, Tank. That ship sailed the moment you signed up...

Tank

Quote from: Cecilie on October 08, 2011, 05:35:05 PM
I will never catch up to your post count, Tank. That ship sailed the moment you signed up...
I was seriously worried when Thumpalumpacus signed up, but I am now 'The only post whore on the forum.'  ;D

I actually meant that you had a lot of reading to do  ;)

EDIT: This is my 6,666th post! Need evil grin smily!

Sweetdeath

*yawn* Been job hunting all week.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank