News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

Tomorrow we kick off the Freethought Fitness program and on Sunday I get to walk in a gay pride parade.  Should be an interesting (and busy) weekend. 

and i have to fit some work in there during free time

Shy

I'm just posting this cause it's what's on my mind today...really the past week.

My 6th semester of college has gone downhill. Math is hard for me, but the teacher bombarding the class with homework has made it 10x worse. Love, love, LOVE my Networking class & teacher. Two other classes that are ok.

I got a math tutor the second week of class. Still can't keep up, this guy must think we don't have lives or other classes. (Lives in my terminology = kids doing homework, cooking, cleaning, taking 17 yr old son to work and picking him up 4x's a week, and watching 15 month old grandson while while daughter works) And need to do my 200 problems of algebra homework!?

Bills are due that can't be paid. Can't concentrate. Even the younger ones in class are having a problem with the amount of homework.

Stress, stress, stress......................SCREAM, SCREAM, SCREAMMMMMMMMMMMM! 

Sorry to interrupt a conversation, needed to vent.

Sweetdeath

Ran out of pink hair dye. :(
Getting ready to meet up with new friends to watch season 2 premiere of my little pony! :D :D
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Shy on September 17, 2011, 06:06:14 AM

Sorry to interrupt a conversation, needed to vent.

I don't want to make you apologise for apologising.

I think this is my favourite thread, you can say whatever is on your mind, that may lead to replies or not.
There may be things that don't seem worth a thread but they can be mentioned here.

I like keeping cotton tee shirts, they just get thinner and better.  My Stop Making Sense is getting hard to read, there was a Stones one and a Neil Young that went missing.  I have suspicions but I can't prove anything.

DeterminedJuliet

I was very politely cat-called yesterday, by the most mannerly construction worker. He said, "excuse me! Hello, miss! You are very beautiful, would you like to go for a walk? Awww, you are so beautiful!"
It was strange, though oddly nice? he seemed sincere.
Big cities are weird.
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.

Tank

Quote from: DeterminedJuliet on September 17, 2011, 05:39:06 PM
I was very politely cat-called yesterday, by the most mannerly construction worker. He said, "excuse me! Hello, miss! You are very beautiful, would you like to go for a walk? Awww, you are so beautiful!"
Big cities are weird.
LOL! Obviously there are construction workers with brains.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding

Asmodean

Big cities are weird.
So... NOT a creep, you think..?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Brayton.l

I am thinking that cesaer salad is delicious.
Stand before the people you fear and speak your mind - even if your voice shakes.
Maggie Kuhn

Whitney

Just got back from the pride parade....we had 80 agnostics/atheists etc out there supporting equality it was awesome.  I've never been in a place before where the crowd actually cheered for a bunch of atheists (and they had to know that's who they were cheering since we had signs and banners they could see as we passed).  It was also great to see literally thousands of people in Dallas out for a gay pride event; there had to be at least 2,000 people actually walking in the parade itself!

Sweetdeath

^ That's sounds amazing, Whitney!
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

Quote from: Whitney on September 19, 2011, 03:57:23 AM
Just got back from the pride parade....we had 80 agnostics/atheists etc out there supporting equality it was awesome.  I've never been in a place before where the crowd actually cheered for a bunch of atheists (and they had to know that's who they were cheering since we had signs and banners they could see as we passed).  It was also great to see literally thousands of people in Dallas out for a gay pride event; there had to be at least 2,000 people actually walking in the parade itself!
Woot!!!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

OldGit

Excellent, Whitney!

-----------------------

Is everyone aware that today is International Talk Like A Pirate Day?

Tank

Quote from: OldGit on September 19, 2011, 09:09:02 AM
Excellent, Whitney!

-----------------------

Is everyone aware that today is International Talk Like A Pirate Day?
Argggg! We are now laddy!

DeterminedJuliet

Quote from: Asmodean on September 17, 2011, 07:07:49 PM
Big cities are weird.
So... NOT a creep, you think..?
Maybe not totally. Or he has just realized that traditional cat-calling doesn't really get you the desired results (whodathunk?!)
"We've thought of life by analogy with a journey, with pilgrimage which had a serious purpose at the end, and the THING was to get to that end; success, or whatever it is, or maybe heaven after you're dead. But, we missed the point the whole way along; It was a musical thing and you were supposed to sing, or dance, while the music was being played.