News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 02, 2011, 08:46:39 PM
Quote from: Tank on September 02, 2011, 08:36:51 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 02, 2011, 08:12:41 PM
*Simply Laughs Out Loud*

I'm all for a CR. That's all I have in mind these days.
CR?

Um...*looks around nervously*

CctRet. ;D
Nope, still doesn't mean anything  :(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on September 02, 2011, 08:47:49 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 02, 2011, 08:46:39 PM
Quote from: Tank on September 02, 2011, 08:36:51 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 02, 2011, 08:12:41 PM
*Simply Laughs Out Loud*

I'm all for a CR. That's all I have in mind these days.
CR?

Um...*looks around nervously*

CctRet. ;D
Nope, still doesn't mean anything  :(

Secret

I shouldn't say, it could disrupt the balance of world power, according to some conspiracy theories. ;)

(I was just trying to annoy some people who lurk here...harmless fun ;) )
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

MariaEvri

today I am happy my iguana finally pooped and ate at least 3 leaves. Hoping he's not sick after all
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: MariaEvri on September 03, 2011, 11:54:15 AM
today I am happy my iguana finally pooped and ate at least 3 leaves. Hoping he's not sick after all

I'm hoping Maria's iguana isn't sick and wishing I could engender happiness as easily.

MariaEvri

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on September 03, 2011, 01:58:10 PM
Quote from: MariaEvri on September 03, 2011, 11:54:15 AM

I'm hoping Maria's iguana isn't sick and wishing I could engender happiness as easily.

here let the lttle guy crawl on you. Will put a smile n your face. And then a painful grin from all the needle-claws
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

xSilverPhinx

My dad used to have an iguana, didn't work out too well for it though. Says the maid confused it for something else...

:(

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: MariaEvri on September 03, 2011, 05:01:48 PM

here let the lttle guy crawl on you. Will put a smile n your face. And then a painful grin from all the needle-claws

Needle claws?
He sounds stressed.
Have you tried singing to shwim?

"Drink Sangria in the park,
And then later, when it gets dark,
We go home.
Just a perfect day"

xSilverPhinx

I'm wondering...where is everyone ???

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 03, 2011, 11:05:18 PM
Weekends can be quiet on forums. There are often times in the UK afternoon when I am the only member on the forum, that's when I get to play 'Wack 'a Mole' with the spammers. I've been a mod for a month now and in that time I have created over 2,000+ bans, some are for single accounts, some for multiple accounts on one IP, some are IP ranges and there are other types of ban triggers as well. I think I've created bans that have covered 7k to 9k user accounts.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Tank on September 04, 2011, 07:37:14 AM
Weekends can be quiet on forums. There are often times in the UK afternoon when I am the only member on the forum, that's when I get to play 'Wack 'a Mole' with the spammers. I've been a mod for a month now and in that time I have created over 2,000+ bans, some are for single accounts, some for multiple accounts on one IP, some are IP ranges and there are other types of ban triggers as well. I think I've created bans that have covered 7k to 9k user accounts.

:o

If you ban an IP address, does it ban by default all further attempted registrations by that address or do you have to keep re-banning the same ones?

Personally I think it must be sort of "soul" cleansing ;D Filtering out and removing the bad from the good.

Tank

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on September 04, 2011, 08:07:13 AM

:o

If you ban an IP address, does it ban by default all further attempted registrations by that address or do you have to keep re-banning the same ones?

Personally I think it must be sort of "soul" cleansing ;D Filtering out and removing the bad from the good.

A full ban stops an entity logging in or registering or posting. So once an IP is nailed it's no use in the future. The ban log shows how many times a ban is triggered. In some cases IP bans are triggered hundreds (as time goes by thousands) of times which to me indicates automation of some kind. Click on this link http://www.happyatheistforum.com/forum/index.php?action=stats and go to the bottom of the page and open August and September and look at the number of spammer members we were getting signing up in the middle of the month!

The Magic Pudding

Weekends can be quiet on forums.

If I'm not mistaken it's Labour Day holiday in the USA on Monday, so everyone's probably busy putting away their white clothing till Memorial Day.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on September 04, 2011, 10:21:47 AM
Weekends can be quiet on forums.

If I'm not mistaken it's Labour Day holiday in the USA on Monday, so everyone's probably busy putting away their white clothing till Memorial Day.

Pfffft, not I.  I am actually looking for some white jeans at old navy. I'm a rebel  like that. (Also, I dont celebrate any holiday other than a few japanese and chinese ones.)
I was busy last night with three coffee dates. Mmm coffee.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Asmodean

Listening to Lament by Light of Aidan... Trying to decypher the lyrics. Any Welsh(?)men here?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Recusant

There was a quiet little forum dedicated to one of my favorite authors that I used to visit (only four members when I joined in 2008). As time went on, the spammers discovered it, and in any given month 1,000 or more spam accounts would be registered. Practically all of them were unused, but it didn't take long for the spam posts to outnumber genuine contributions. The admin was absent for months on end, but I had been in touch with him before the spambot invasion, so I offered to help deal with it. He didn't want to appoint any moderators on the board apparently, so just killed the forum instead. There is a home page for the "society" which is dedicated to the author that still has a dead link to the defunct forum.  Kind of a drag that the admin had such a rigid policy; there were some good conversations there.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken