News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Sweetdeath on August 03, 2011, 08:59:10 PM
Really want to go to dunkin dounuts to get ice cream ..but that requires putting on pants. :/
So put your pants on!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Tank on August 03, 2011, 09:06:04 PM
Really want to go to dunkin dounuts to get ice cream ..but that requires putting on pants. :/
So put your pants on!

XD fine. I just went and got oreo icecream.

Albert has been quiet ;;
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Medusa

Quote from: Sweetdeath on August 03, 2011, 09:51:55 PM
Quote from: Tank on August 03, 2011, 09:06:04 PM
So put your pants on!

XD fine. I just went and got oreo icecream.

Albert has been quiet ;;

I HAD to have a hot fudge sundae from McDonald's today. It's that time of the month bleh. I HAD to have it. But I went directly to the gym to swim for an hour to help lower my bg levels. I was a bad Diabetic. Oopsi.  :o

And since it's Ramadan and I'm studying stuff (just got a 80% on my Islamic customs and etiquette module 1!) I was doing some research on marriage roles. Came upon this handy dandy site. And I'm in love with RULE 15!
http://www.pinkislam.com/marriage/guidelines-for-the-husband-in-interacting-with-his-wife.html

RULE  15. The woman is the head of the household, the one responsible for it. So do not attempt to meddle into affairs that do not fall into your area of duties and responsibilities, such as the food and the order of the house.  ;D

ok. And 12. If you are able, do not hold back from providing your wife with good clothing and food, and from being generous in spending money on her. This is of course according to the extent of your ability.
She has the blood of reptile....just underneath her skin...

MariaEvri

Ah I know the feeling. Craving for an ice cream, so much that I think I'll die If  don;t get one but darn it... those pants are on the floor!
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Hidelight

Wierd dream ..HUGE freakish snow storm...had to call in today because I could not get out of the garage!
Then I woke up  :P

Cecilie

Quote from: Hidelight on August 04, 2011, 02:07:01 PM
Wierd dream ..HUGE freakish snow storm...had to call in today because I could not get out of the garage!
That's your idea of a weird dream? Lucky you don't live inside my head. :P
The world's what you create.

Davin

Quote from: Hidelight on August 04, 2011, 02:07:01 PM
Not two hours ago I woke up from defending my apartment from roving bands of giant zombie rodents (I think they might have been guinea pigs), by using exploding sandwiches.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Sweetdeath

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

I'm missing The Magic Pudding!!!!!!!!  :'(

Munchkin Goddess

What's on my mind today? Just trying not to be miserable. I'm sick, at work, nauseous, been having stomach spasms all morning, haven't eaten much in days, and I just want today to go quickly. Don't get me wrong, I love my job. Just not when I'm sick and hungry. I want to go home, lay in bed, and play video games while watching 90's Spiderman again.

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Tank

Quote from: Munchkin Goddess on August 05, 2011, 05:48:04 PM
What's on my mind today? Just trying not to be miserable. I'm sick, at work, nauseous, been having stomach spasms all morning, haven't eaten much in days, and I just want today to go quickly. Don't get me wrong, I love my job. Just not when I'm sick and hungry. I want to go home, lay in bed, and play video games while watching 90's Spiderman again.
Blimey, you haven't been around for a while! Nice to see you back, shame you're not feeling too good, hope you feel better soon  ;D

Munchkin Goddess

Quote from: Tank on August 05, 2011, 06:04:07 PM
Quote from: Munchkin Goddess on August 05, 2011, 05:48:04 PM
Blimey, you haven't been around for a while! Nice to see you back, shame you're not feeling too good, hope you feel better soon  ;D
Yeah, life just got in the way. And thank you, I hope I feel better soon too.

Buddhasansocie

It is 02:37 in the morning and I am almost done with Dawkins book, The God Delusion. Which makes me think: I enjoy his writings and appreciate his understanding of biology. He is also much more apt at punctuating his beliefs in a more pleasant way than I ever could dream of. Since this is the first book of his that I am reading I am somewhat disappointed. I don't know why, but I feel as though he didn't enlighten me as much as I hoped he would. Almost everything he said was already in my head just not spelled out. Does anyone know which book of his is most complex and makes you think?