News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sweetdeath

I'm trying to go to my first NY atheist meet up today.  I'm looking forward to it :D
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Tank

Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 28, 2011, 02:45:59 PM
I'm trying to go to my first NY atheist meet up today.  I'm looking forward to it :D
Sounds fun,you'll have to give us a full rundown on what happens.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: Medusa on July 28, 2011, 07:55:32 AM
Quote from: Tank on July 28, 2011, 07:51:16 AM
Quote from: Medusa on July 28, 2011, 01:42:11 AM
I took 2 Tylenol PM last night to ease an ear infection and get some sleep through it. Woke up about 3pm. These things knocked me into deep dark twilight zone sleep. I woke up unsure this was my room or what day it was.  ???
I assume you're also taking antibiotics? My Mum ended up deaf because of ear infections.
The ear infection was actually due to a tooth infection. I had it on the other side last year. Yeah I actually had some left over antibiotics. Somehow a set I didn't take before my tooth pull last year. I had another batch of it after so i guess I stored these away. Feel much better. Gonna have to take care of the tooth eventually. These Tylenol pills really do a doozy on me. A few years back it was Ambien I was prescribed. Seriously? You have to take that pill and lie down where you want to be for the next 10 hours. Within 10 minutes you just blank right on out....except your mind is all sleepy time. Your body? Tend to tick along awake for a while doing things you have no idea you are doing! There is a horrible amnesia quality to those pills. I've woken up face plastered to my computer. While my boyfriend had been chatting with me. At one point I was typing back. Then suddenly it was alot of blank empty space and him laughing his ass off.  :o
Isn't Tylenol what House is supposed to be addicted to?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Whitney

Quote from: Tank on July 28, 2011, 02:59:48 PM

No, he's addicted to a prescription pain killer of some sort.  Tylenol isn't anywhere near strong enough to cause the effects they show him experiencing.  I think he likes Vicodin or something that sounds like that.

I use to take Tylenol Simply Sleep (like PM only without the pain killers) when I couldn't sleep in college, I had to take 1/4 of the recommended amount to avoid it causing a hangover.

hismikeness

Quote from: Tank on July 28, 2011, 02:59:48 PM

He's addicted to Vicodin, which is mostly acetaminophen, but with an added ingredient of hydrocodone.
No churches have free wifi because they don't want to compete with an invisible force that works.

When the alien invasion does indeed happen, if everyone would just go out into the streets & inexpertly play the flute, they'll just go. -@UncleDynamite

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Tank on July 28, 2011, 02:58:51 PM
Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 28, 2011, 02:45:59 PM
Sounds fun,you'll have to give us a full rundown on what happens.

Of course :)
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

wildfire_emissary

"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire

Medusa

She has the blood of reptile....just underneath her skin...

The Magic Pudding

Has there been a zombie uprising in The Philippines?
Why does The Philippines need so many Ps?
It seems to me two should have been sufficient.

Tank

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on July 29, 2011, 06:02:59 AM
One would do, here is the future Anglish spelling: Filipines
Also Misisipi

The Magic Pudding

My daughters 17inch Dell laptop has a DVD stuck in it.
So you'd just remove a screw or two and pull thing out?  NO!
You can get nice detailed directions but it's still a nervous process for me, it seems everything has to removed to get at the DVD, display screen, keyboard, uplug every component and they all have different tricky ways of connecting.  Nyerrrayah!

Tank

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on July 30, 2011, 04:55:44 AM
My daughters 17inch Dell laptop has a DVD stuck in it.
So you'd just remove a screw or two and pull thing out?  NO!
You can get nice detailed directions but it's still a nervous process for me, it seems everything has to removed to get at the DVD, display screen, keyboard, uplug every component and they all have different tricky ways of connecting.  Nyerrrayah!
No little hole where you can push an-bent paper clip then? Ohhh dear!

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Tank on July 30, 2011, 07:18:02 AM

No it's got a slot not a slide out tray, not room to fit tweezers in until you pull the thing apart.

Only four small screws left, I must have used larger screws where these ones belong.
It is done now and back together and everything seems to work.

Tank

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on July 30, 2011, 07:58:40 AM
Quote from: Tank on July 30, 2011, 07:18:02 AM

No it's got a slot not a slide out tray, not room to fit tweezers in until you pull the thing apart.

Only four small screws left, I must have used larger screws where these ones belong.
It is done now and back together and everything seems to work.
Good news!

wildfire_emissary

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on July 29, 2011, 06:02:59 AM

No zombies. Zombie worshippers, yes. lol. Those lines from Slipknot's Psychosocial were lingering in my head.
Ask the Spaniards about the P's. King Phillip, son of King Carlos is to blame.
"All murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets." -Voltaire