Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cecilie

The world's what you create.

The Magic Pudding

That's a birthday cake if it's not obvious.
Happy birthday

history_geek

Congrats Cecilie  :D

On another note, I'm apperantly risen in rank over at Shock of God's hillarious chat room, since today I was called a blashemer ;D (only my third day in there too)

I can't remember which one was it, was it the fact that I was pointing out that Lucifer is also the name name of Venus (planet), or laughing at the idea that KJV is "the divinely inspired english traslation, based upon the original latin scriptures", and then pointing out the small problems with that statement. Or actually it was me and another Finnish user named Lucifer-something. I'm not kidding, this guy with the user name psalm-something was actually serious about the KJV. Then he started trolling, playing "deconverted" and using CAPS. Couldn't get him to say antyhing fun after that....

Oh and Nephi was modding too. But he had his hands full with comming up excuses not to debate some other guy about evolution (they did argue for a time, but...), resorting to such mature reasons as his challenger not having enough subscribers on his youtube channel, repeating that his not trying to slip away or that he would be scared to debate this guy. Then he resorted to saying that it was 5 a.m at his end (most likely true, it was around 13 p.m here), and "went to bed". Such a fun guy.

So how's your day.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." Arthur C Clarke's Third Law
"Any sufficiently advanced alien is indistinguishable from a god."
Pierre-Simon, marquis de Laplace:
Je n'ai pas besoin de cette hypothése - I do not require that hypothesis[img]http://www.dakkadakka.com/s/i/a/4eef2cc3548cc9844a491b22ad384546.gif[/i

Cecilie

My birthday was yesterday, but thanks anyway!
The world's what you create.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on July 24, 2011, 04:07:01 PM

That's a birthday cake if it's not obvious.
Happy birthday
Yum!  Those meatballs better be fudge brownies.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Medusa

I've come to realize I've been staring at this miniature silver and pink ornament Christmas tree sitting on my desk since last Christmas. Seriously. By the time I think about taking it down, it will be time to put it back up. Lazy Medusa is Lazy. :D
She has the blood of reptile....just underneath her skin...

Tank

Quote from: Medusa on July 25, 2011, 10:54:36 AM
I've come to realize I've been staring at this miniature silver and pink ornament Christmas tree sitting on my desk since last Christmas. Seriously. By the time I think about taking it down, it will be time to put it back up. Lazy Medusa is Lazy. :D
:D

I have a dislike of Xmas decorations that comes from my childhood. My Dad was a trained accountant and did that job for many years but got fed up with it. He left and became a sales rep' and by all accounts a bloody good one. Thing is he used to sell Xmas lights. I remember the samples arriving just before the school summer holidays. There used to be enough different sets to fill two very large suitcases, maybe 30 sets in all. My dad would take them around the shops on his patch an take the orders for delivery in November. Once this was done he got to keep the samples. So we got 30 'ish or so new sets of Xmas lights each year. My dad would give away some as prizes to the local Whist (a card game like bridge) club. Trouble was he used to win most of them back! But the thing was he would try and get every new set up and a large chunk of the existing sets, which would have been fine if he had done all the putting up! However I was pressed ganged into putting them all up! It would take a weekend of shouting and arguing to get the bloody things up. So while our front room looked like Santa's bloody grotto and was the envy of all my friends I took to a burning dislike of Xmas lights.  >:( >:( >:(
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding

The Grinch likes dogs too, and I've never seen Tank and The Grinch in the same room.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Sweetdeath

The Grinch is my hero.  I loathe xmas.   People seem to become extra fucking obnoxious during it.   Xmas music makes me want to murder.   >:(

Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Medusa

Quote from: Sweetdeath on July 25, 2011, 06:46:59 PM
The Grinch is my hero.  I loathe xmas.   People seem to become extra fucking obnoxious during it.   Xmas music makes me want to murder.   >:(
I worked aprox 8 years at a mall for Hot Topic. I am surprised I didn't actually kill anyone during Christmas. Seriously. The Mall brings out THE WORST in seasonal cheer.  >:(

Sweetdeath

Oh man, I feel so bad for anyone who has to work in a mall during Oct through Jan.

I worked at Gamestop the year the wii came out.  It bloody sucked.   Parents coming in without a damn clue about what to  buy little timmy.   They actually asked me "Why are these game consoles  so expensive if they break so easily?"   *FACEPALM*

Medusa

Apparently there is a new elicit drug on Russian streets called Krokodil. Its side effects? Rots your flesh off your bone. As in off the bone. Your flesh. Off.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yfd_7jrnMk

It's a youtube link. And it's a medical clip. And it's not for the squeamish. But seriously? I'm speechless.

YE BE WARNED BEFORE YOU CLICK THE YOU TUBE! :-\

Tank

Quote from: Medusa on July 25, 2011, 07:17:40 PM
Apparently there is a new elicit drug on Russian streets called Krokodil. Its side effects? Rots your flesh off your bone. As in off the bone. Your flesh. Off.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Yfd_7jrnMk

It's a youtube link. And it's a medical clip. And it's not for the squeamish. But seriously? I'm speechless.

YE BE WARNED BEFORE YOU CLICK THE YOU TUBE! :-\
Well I think they should show that as an anti-advert for the stuff!

I endorse the warning about the video. It shows a chaps leg bones being cut through after the flesh has fallen off.

Sweetdeath

Yes!   My friend told about this last month!   Truly disturbing.     Everyone has issues, but what the fuck is the point of doing drugs?   People like that are a freakin waste of flesh. Just kill yourself already.