News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cecilie

Quote from: Tank on July 22, 2011, 06:27:39 PM
Quote from: Cecilie on July 22, 2011, 06:23:52 PM
Quote from: Tank on July 22, 2011, 06:14:46 PM
Quote from: Cecilie on July 22, 2011, 06:05:47 PM
And pretty much at the same time some guy dressed as a police officer opened fire towards kids at a youth camp.
Specifically a labour youth club, which seem an odd target if the two incidents are related.
That's what I thought as well.
Has Norway had any serious problems with neo-Nazis?
I don't think so.
The world's what you create.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

It looks like it isn't al quida as the it's a holiday in Norway, thus the loss of life was limited, and that is not something al quida would want.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Cecilie

Have the neo-Nazis done anything similar in the past though?

Tank

Quote from: Cecilie on July 22, 2011, 07:10:20 PM
Have the neo-Nazis done anything similar in the past though?
No idea. But all terrorist organisation have to start somewhere (unfortunately).

Medusa

Long work weekend ahead. Starting off with hosting a bday party at work. I really hate kids but love hosting tips!
In fact I am thinking about alot of things today. Found out yesterday Silver Samurai will be featured in the new The Wolverine movie. I have no idea who they will get to play him. But I'm most excited! <----comic girl geek.
She has the blood of reptile....just underneath her skin...

Hidelight

My 32 year old parrot died ...I am so sad and worried about my other bird! They have been together 32 years with us
They were totally bonded females who literally set up house and lived as a couple...I love these birds we rescued them in Panama they let us bring them to the states because they could not return to the wild..

They also proved that being gay was more natural in nature than people may care to believe

Fuck

I just read online I can give her prozac...they groomed each other...cuddled played...32 year!

Yup that is on my mind and NO news this weekend...being athiest I am declaring a self imposed block on the religious nightmare in this world and the fact we can not feed Somalis?

I fucking need prozac to be an athiest sometimes I think...the world is depressing!

Sorry

Tank

No need to apologise hidelight. Very, very sorry to hear about you pet passing away. They may not be human but that does not prevent one falling in love with them.  :'(

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Hidelight on July 23, 2011, 03:31:28 PM

I fucking need prozac to be an athiest sometimes I think...the world is depressing!

Sorry

I sat on the lounge tonight with my wife and my daughter.  We've been watching The Pirates of the Caribbean series for the last few weeks. My daughter rests her head on me and I stroke her hair, to me she's still kind of the three year old who would wake from a nap and come to me and say it's cuddle time.  She does the four hour winding mountain road trip back to university tomorrow.  The world is not as I would have it but there is beauty still.

Hidelight

That is such a beautiful picture and yhank you!
My grandkids bring me amazing joyi generally even in dispair i find hope in a moment...I think it just seems too much...we have sunshine finally my garden is calling..it NEEDS me and I can do good

Thanks..but really sorry ..I sound like a bummer here and really want to NOT!

Asmodean

My heroic car is... Heroic.

It's its birthday. It turned 400. Thousand.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Cecilie

Medusa

I ate salsa and freshly cooked chips, green olives and cherries with a hershey candy bar.
Thinking what weird and intoxicating dreams I will have.
And how in the morning I'm probably gonna blow up the toilet.
:(
She has the blood of reptile....just underneath her skin...

Tank

Sweetdeath

I'm thinking about the happy gay couples getting hitched in downtown NYC. <3

Then I fume, because protesters from Westboro Bapthist church can't stay home and not try to ruin someone else's happiness.  :(
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.