News:

Actually sport it is a narrative

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitney

If I believed in such things I'd be expecting the 3rd bad thing to happen soon.

Tank

Quote from: Whitney on July 20, 2011, 04:33:55 AM
If I believed in such things I'd be expecting the 3rd bad thing to happen soon.
>:( Well you can't just leave that hanging. Did it?

Hope the first two bad things were not too bad
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 20, 2011, 12:07:21 PM
Karma? ???
Oooh, no. Definitely not that.  :o

Spiders, on the other hand... They everywhere. Blame them - works for me.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Medusa

Currently waiting for my approval to take up my next course on Islamic Dietary Laws. And getting ready to hit that last beef tamale!  :D
She has the blood of reptile....just underneath her skin...

Tank

Quote from: Medusa on July 21, 2011, 04:53:13 AM
Currently waiting for my approval to take up my next course on Islamic Dietary Laws. And getting ready to hit that last beef tamale!  :D
I'll be interested to see how a diabetic copes with the Islamic dietry requirements. Do tell in due course.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Hidelight

that bowl of Korean noodle soup I am having in 6 min my last patient is done for the morning YAY! bring on the soup!

Medusa

Quote from: Tank on July 21, 2011, 09:34:43 AM
Quote from: Medusa on July 21, 2011, 04:53:13 AM
I'll be interested to see how a diabetic copes with the Islamic dietry requirements. Do tell in due course.
Actually I follow it pretty well minus the occasional pork eating. I do not drink (I take heart medication) nor smoke. I like only chicken and cow. And even when I participated in Ramadan I was given a medical waiver. I did not have to fast. I mean they don't even let you have water! My fiance has been doing Ramadan since he was about 8 and handles it quite well. You actually gain weight because each and every night you eat a big feast with friends and family. You also wake up pre dawn to get your meals in before sun comes up.

There is nothing in the Islamic diet that does not go with my Diabetic diet. The only thing forbidden is dead meat, blood *except liver and spleen* and those animals not slaughtered in the proper Islamic way (pretty much you have to make sure it's drained of blood etc) That's it. I just finished up the first part of the Islamic Dietary Laws course and got a 93% ;D
She has the blood of reptile....just underneath her skin...

Hidelight

My mind is centered on ...FRIDAY! My sitting out with husband ...looking at the Salis Sea..a tall cold pint and hopefully a nice (weather wise) evening..then sleeping in tomorrow ..that is my carrot to chase!

Cecilie

So, there was a terrorist attack in Oslo today.
The world's what you create.

Tank

Quote from: Cecilie on July 22, 2011, 05:00:28 PM
So, there was a terrorist attack in Oslo today.
Apparently so, but as of this moment a perpetrator has not been named.

Cecilie

And pretty much at the same time some guy dressed as a police officer opened fire towards kids at a youth camp.

Tank

Quote from: Cecilie on July 22, 2011, 06:05:47 PM
And pretty much at the same time some guy dressed as a police officer opened fire towards kids at a youth camp.
Specifically a labour youth club, which seem an odd target if the two incidents are related.

Cecilie

Quote from: Tank on July 22, 2011, 06:14:46 PM
Specifically a labour youth club, which seem an odd target if the two incidents are related.
That's what I thought as well.

Tank

Quote from: Cecilie on July 22, 2011, 06:23:52 PM
Quote from: Tank on July 22, 2011, 06:14:46 PM
That's what I thought as well.
Has Norway had any serious problems with neo-Nazis?