News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 16, 2011, 04:26:31 PM

A megadon ;D But those are limited to a certain environment. ;)

Yes, maybe when they take some time from their incessent yapping. Perhaps.

I met someone once who assured me they could rewind hours in their cellar, Pomeranians, Piranhas, Humboldt squids, megadonese, I don't think we should jump to conclusions.  Repetition and retractable pencils will deliver truth. 

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on July 16, 2011, 04:43:36 PM

I met someone once who assured me they could rewind hours in their cellar, Pomeranians, Piranhas, Humboldt squids, megadonese, I don't think we should jump to conclusions.  Repetition and retractable pencils will deliver truth. 

Now you lost me ??? This is starting to look like a surreal episode of Twilight. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 16, 2011, 04:48:33 PM
Quote from: The Magic Pudding on July 16, 2011, 04:43:36 PM

Now you lost me ??? This is starting to look like a surreal episode of Twilight. 

Ye, so what's your problem?

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on July 16, 2011, 05:01:55 PM

Pest infestation, of the kind that maybe only a nuclear war can get rid of. Spread to my extended family as well, and they're hardly neighbours.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 16, 2011, 05:13:59 PM
Quote from: The Magic Pudding on July 16, 2011, 05:01:55 PM

Pest infestation, of the kind that maybe only a nuclear war can get rid of. Spread to my extended family as well, and they're hardly neighbours.

So we're going to need more Pomeranians?
We may have to resort to SheatZus, that's not a dog it's a heavy form of footwear that dispatches superfluous relatives aestheticly, damn I'm getting a red squiggle, I didn't mean anaesthetic ly, pain is good, I just wanted it to look good.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on July 16, 2011, 05:28:58 PM
So we're going to need more Pomeranians?
We may have to resort to SheatZus, that's not a dog it's a heavy form of footwear that dispatches superfluous relatives aestheticly, damn I'm getting a red squiggle, I didn't mean anaesthetic ly, pain is good, I just wanted it to look good.

Dispatch pests with style, you mean? I'm sure an artform can be made of it. Some people will be very interested. 

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 16, 2011, 05:42:46 PM

Dispatch pests with style, you mean? I'm sure an artform can be made of it. Some people will be very interested. 

That's OK but they have to pay up front.
Some people don't, but that's not necessarily bad, so many are eager to pay for the pain of the chase.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on July 16, 2011, 05:59:00 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 16, 2011, 05:42:46 PM

That's OK but they have to pay up front.
Some people don't, but that's not necessarily bad, so many are eager to pay for the pain of the chase.

Hunting pests is not my idea of fun, and they seem to genuiniely think that the house is theirs so I wouldn't pay for the pain of the chase, though for those that do...well...have fun, then at least. ;D I really can't see how some could do that for a living. 

Pests don't know they're being talked, about, do they? I think they lack certain abilities to understand certain things. But I think I might put that to the test.

Asmodean

There is a HUGE spider right *point* there.

Probably bites... Need to avoid...

Vacations. They are dangerous times.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Asmodean on July 18, 2011, 05:27:57 PM
There is a HUGE spider right *point* there.

Probably bites... Need to avoid...

Vacations. They are dangerous times.

It's the little ones that you need to look out for. ;D Some time living in the middle of the South American "Savanna" has taught me this.

See black widows for an example. You'd actually be surprised to see how small they are.

The Magic Pudding

These guys are a largish spider.
If you live where they do you check your shoes twice and the pool before a swim.

There's a largish spider that's been living on the ceiling for months, it's mid winter and he's looking a bit thin.  His name's Boris, I like him being there but my daughters don't.  He's not a web kind, he moves about the house.

This might be Boris or maybe his mother in the hall way.

xSilverPhinx

That first one looks like a trapdoor spider but I'm no expert (I would watch a lot of wildlife footage when I was young)...is it? Not sure what the second one is though. Wolf spider?

This would make an awesome pet:

The Goliath Bird Eating spider, which is the largest in the world.

Might that little one's name be David? ;D

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 19, 2011, 05:26:21 AM
That first one looks like a trapdoor spider but I'm no expert (I would watch a lot of wildlife footage when I was young)...is it? Not sure what the second one is though. Wolf spider?

This is a Victorian Funnel Web spider, the Sydney Funnel Web is probably worse but I liked this picture.

This is a huntsmen spider, they aren't dangerous.  Well not unless they pop out of hiding while your driving.

QuoteMight that little one's name be David? ;D

What is this one, a male and female I assume.  That 20 cent coin is 27mm or slightly more than an inch across.

Medusa

Trying to catch up on my Harry Potter movie synopsis before I go see the last one tomorrow!
She has the blood of reptile....just underneath her skin...

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on July 19, 2011, 07:45:19 AM

What is this one, a male and female I assume.  That 20 cent coin is 27mm or slightly more than an inch across.

I have no idea, I know the bigger one is a Goliath, though the small one does look like a miniature.