News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ihateyoumike

Quote from: Tank on June 02, 2011, 04:24:20 PM
Quote from: Ihateyoumike on June 02, 2011, 04:22:51 PM

I'm thinking of getting one of these. Been wanting one for years and found out yesterday that a girl I work with breeds them. Cute little shits they are.
And by all accounts absolute bastards to keep and look after!

Have you had one or known someone who has? I think you're the first one I've heard say anything about them being tough to raise. They have some bad habits I haven't heard about?
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

Tank

Quote from: Ihateyoumike on June 02, 2011, 04:28:08 PM
Quote from: Tank on June 02, 2011, 04:24:20 PM
Quote from: Ihateyoumike on June 02, 2011, 04:22:51 PM

I'm thinking of getting one of these. Been wanting one for years and found out yesterday that a girl I work with breeds them. Cute little shits they are.
And by all accounts absolute bastards to keep and look after!

Have you had one or known someone who has? I think you're the first one I've heard say anything about them being tough to raise. They have some bad habits I haven't heard about?
Go to youtube and search for sugar gliders, there are some interesting videos. I seem to recall that they urine mark their territory i.e. your house, every morning.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding

They used to be more common before we did away with one and two cent coins.

I'd probably go to jail for possessing such a pet.

A 94 year old Galapagos tortoise gave birth to a considerably younger Galapagos tortoise down here.

There is no point, it just improves my mood a bit.

Sweetdeath

Omg, tiny turtle! ;; Adorable.

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Whitney

baby tortoises are so cute...mine was that size when we got him...now he's bigger than our cocker spaniel.  But ours is a Salcuta so it will only get really big instead of really really big like the Galapagos.

Tank

Quote from: Whitney on June 02, 2011, 06:37:49 PM
baby tortoises are so cute...mine was that size when we got him...now he's bigger than our cocker spaniel.  But ours is a Salcuta so it will only get really big instead of really really big like the Galapagos.
How long have you owned him?
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

The Magic Pudding

One baby tortoise doesn't seem like much of an effort, sea turtles lay heaps of eggs.  I wonder what god had in mind when he designed tortoise reproduction.

Sugar gliders are nocturnal, I don't know if nocturnal pets are a good idea.

Tank

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on June 03, 2011, 09:49:47 AM
Sugar gliders are nocturnal, I don't know if nocturnal pets are a good idea.
Except for an insomniac

Gawen

What's on my mind today? I have the day off, luckily, because it's going to be 99F/37C degrees today. So I'm staying in and putting my RC airplane together so I can fly it tomorrow morning.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.
"When you fall, I will be there" - Floor

Tank

Quote from: Gawen on June 03, 2011, 01:42:31 PM
What's on my mind today? I have the day off, luckily, because it's going to be 99F/37C degrees today. So I'm staying in and putting my RC airplane together so I can fly it tomorrow morning.
I'd like to see pictures of said aircraft if you have time to post them.

Gawen

Hiya Tank. I only have the one right now. I just started this hobby after a 35 year hiatus.
Mine - when it was new:

The real one, which is owned by someone in Canada. It's the only Bf109 still flying with the original Jumo engine.

How's that new grandkid doing?

A couple pics of mine and a friends P51 a couple weeks ago.

How big the prop is:

What it looks like right this minute.

Won't take but a couple hours to put together.
The essence of the mind is not in what it thinks, but how it thinks. Faith is the surrender of our mind; of reason and our skepticism to put all our trust or faith in someone or something that has no good evidence of itself. That is a sinister thing to me. Of all the supposed virtues, faith is not.

Tank

Gosh what a beautiful piece of work. Thanks for sharing.

I think it will be RC cars with the grandson as planes take a bit of getting used to and aren't as error friendly as a car!

Gawen

Quote from: Tank on June 03, 2011, 05:35:55 PM
Gosh what a beautiful piece of work. Thanks for sharing.
Oh....I didn't build it, nor did my friend build his. They are "foamies". Made of 90% foam and 90% pre-built. The days of $1000.00 airplanes and radios have gone away. I got that plane with everything needed to fly it for $280.
The company I got mine from have discontinued that model and are coming out with a new version 2 that's even better scale like. And don't think that foam airplanes are crap, cause mine flies around 55mph and does everything a gas powered plane does.

Yup...it's electric!

And just to let you know, they have a 1400mm wingspan Spitfire as well. Everything you need to fly except a battery charger.
http://www.nitroplanes.com/93a252-spitfire-camo-rtf-24g-eretract.html

QuoteI think it will be RC cars with the grandson as planes take a bit of getting used to and aren't as error friendly as a car!
Back in the 80's, that got really popular here. Now there's a resurgence of radio controlled cars and trucks. And you'd be surprised how expensive it can get.

Cecilie

Who does this remind you of? Ah, I love the internet...

The world's what you create.

The Magic Pudding

I don't like the idea of Asmo getting himself an arm.
His ability to do evil is currently limited by his lack of limbs.
But with an arm, I hate to think of what he might do.