News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on May 29, 2011, 01:57:40 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 29, 2011, 01:44:15 PM

Well, I'm not sure. But best to go to the dentist just in case.

Are there bacteria (even those that cause cavities) in heaven? Or did god create those things just for the world?

What about the bacteria that live in simbiotic relationships with us such as the ones that help us digest things in our guts? Do they go to heaven?

Or does god simply "fix" what he designed so intelligently once we get there?

It's quite simple really, sinful bacteria won't be allowed into heaven, not unless it repents and does something useful like make yoghurt.

I guess not even bacteria are allowed to be bacteria (being too fruitful and multiplying too much leads to evil) and only the 'domesticated' ones go to heaven.  ::)
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

fester30

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 29, 2011, 04:11:46 PM
Quote from: The Magic Pudding on May 29, 2011, 01:57:40 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 29, 2011, 01:44:15 PM

Well, I'm not sure. But best to go to the dentist just in case.

Are there bacteria (even those that cause cavities) in heaven? Or did god create those things just for the world?

What about the bacteria that live in simbiotic relationships with us such as the ones that help us digest things in our guts? Do they go to heaven?

Or does god simply "fix" what he designed so intelligently once we get there?

It's quite simple really, sinful bacteria won't be allowed into heaven, not unless it repents and does something useful like make yoghurt.

I guess not even bacteria are allowed to be bacteria (being too fruitful and multiplying too much leads to evil) and only the 'domesticated' ones go to heaven.  ::)

The deceitful bastards in pro-biotics are going straight to hell.  Their yogurt commercials promise us such hope, and it turns out to be a massive load of crap.  Speaking of crap, I think the bacteria in crap deserve their own special place in hell where they'll be tormented by being forced to be half-cellular organisms, with their other half seemingly within reaching distance, but just barely not so.  Digestive bacteria have been too unreliable for me since my gall bladder surgery.  Dammit.

The Black Jester

Lovely afternoon with my friends from acting school, ribald and outrageous conversation over NYC pub food.  Unfortunately capped by Starbucks, but even the green coffee monstrosity couldn't subvert the mood. 

I will miss my friends here.  :(
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

Cecilie

My brother got home yesterday after walking the 7 mountain hike in bad weather. According to himself, it took 13 hours. He could barely walk when he got home. Think I'll wait a few years before I do it myself...
The world's what you create.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: The Black Jester on May 29, 2011, 03:34:42 PM
Finding an apartment or home rental in Santa Fe, NM.  My wife and I are moving there in August.

Sigh.

I will miss NYC.  Greatly.

Are you from NYC? There really is no place like it.
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Ihateyoumike

That am so fisgustingly tired that it's stupid. The last couple weeks have been a blur. At least I should finally get my moving done today and finally be able to get some rest.
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

Sweetdeath

Quote from: Ihateyoumike on May 31, 2011, 04:18:03 PM
That am so fisgustingly tired that it's stupid. The last couple weeks have been a blur. At least I should finally get my moving done today and finally be able to get some rest.

Haha, gosh, that word. XD

You know, I helped a friend move once and it reallt fucking sucked. It's like, you hear horror stories about helping friends move, but until you actually do it, you don't realize how annoying it is. By the end of the day, you just want to get paid.  Seriously.

Hope shit gets better for you. :D
Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

The Black Jester

Quote from: Sweetdeath on May 31, 2011, 01:19:19 AM
Quote from: The Black Jester on May 29, 2011, 03:34:42 PM
Finding an apartment or home rental in Santa Fe, NM.  My wife and I are moving there in August.

Sigh.

I will miss NYC.  Greatly.

Are you from NYC? There really is no place like it.

I didn't grow up here, I grew up in the wilds of Alaska, but I'll tell you what: NYC is the only place that ever felt like home to me.

My wife, however, was born and raised here.  Her sanity is cracking, she's really done with this place for several reasons, and we're moving so she can have some peace of mind.

But you're abso-tively right.  No place like New York City.
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

Tank

Damn laptop died. Breaking in a new one as I type!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Willow

I finished my assignment!  Take that college!  ;D

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Tank on June 02, 2011, 10:52:45 AM
How long did the old one last?

Tank

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on June 02, 2011, 03:04:08 PM
Quote from: Tank on June 02, 2011, 10:52:45 AM
How long did the old one last?
5'ish years and it got a lot of heavy use so not that bad I suppose. I just wish it had given some warning it was going to give up!
Mind you I now have a Packard Bell P8 with i5 processor 4G of Ram and 750G HDD. And it goes like stink! And it isn't cooking my hands and has a 5 hour battery life, better than the 2 the last one had. Fuckingspacebarisabitofadragasyouhavetohititrightintheminthemiddletomakeitwork.

Ihateyoumike

I'm thinking of getting one of these. Been wanting one for years and found out yesterday that a girl I work with breeds them. Cute little shits they are.
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

Tank

Quote from: Ihateyoumike on June 02, 2011, 04:22:51 PM

I'm thinking of getting one of these. Been wanting one for years and found out yesterday that a girl I work with breeds them. Cute little shits they are.
And by all accounts absolute bastards to keep and look after!