News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Sweetdeath on May 28, 2011, 04:55:18 PM
I'm fisgusted with people who never blame their god for horrible death, like when tornadoes level whole towns.

Ye but god's got all these mysterious ways, for all you know that cop's death is going to render some formerly infertile London Zoo Pandas fertile.

fisgusted is my new word for the day.

Tank

Bastard! I wanted fisgusted! It's a brilliant word!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Tank on May 28, 2011, 05:07:38 PM

Ye that's because you're totally fisgusted and don't want anyone pointing out the fact!

Tank

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on May 28, 2011, 05:16:16 PM
Quote from: Tank on May 28, 2011, 05:07:38 PM

Ye that's because you're totally fisgusted and don't want anyone pointing out the fact!

Frak off you starchy excuse for a desert  :P
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Tank on May 28, 2011, 05:21:01 PM

Frak off you starchy excuse for a desert  :P

Ha Anglish insuficently clad amoured thing.
I fart in your general direction.

Cecilie

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on May 28, 2011, 10:04:13 AM
My new hats.
I like them all, it's hard to decide on just one to favour.
It might be hard to get any more for a while, I think the corgis are on to me.
But tank has informed me of a potential new source of hats...

You should pick the pink one for sure.
The world's what you create.

Sweetdeath

Law 35- "You got to go with what works." - Robin Lefler

Wiggum:"You have that much faith in me, Homer?"
Homer:"No! Faith is what you have in things that don't exist. Your awesomeness is real."

"I was thinking that perhaps this thing called God does not exist. Because He cannot save any one of us. No matter how we pray, He doesn't mend our wounds.

Cecilie

It's almost as if I'm looking forward to going to the dentist. I just want that huge ass cavity gone.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Cecilie on May 29, 2011, 12:45:42 AM
It's almost as if I'm looking forward to going to the dentist. I just want that huge ass cavity gone.

Sure sign of the end times: when people look foward to going to the dentist.

How could Harold Camping have missed out on that?

Me too. I also need to get a tooth hole plugged. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

ThinkAnarchy

Quote from: Cecilie on May 29, 2011, 12:45:42 AM

I hate dentists. I don't think my last one fully removed my cavity. The best was when I screamed out in pain, as best I could with that contraption in mouth, and he simply said, "Yeah, I thought the nerve might be exposed." I also think he screwed me because he knew my insurance was about to lapse. Supposedly I had several cavities that took two visits.
"He that displays too often his wife and his wallet is in danger of having both of them borrowed." -Ben Franklin

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." -credited to Franklin, but not sure.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 29, 2011, 01:57:39 AM
Sure sign of the end times: when people look forward to going to the dentist.  

This makes no sense to me, shouldn't I put off dental work because I'll get new shiny teeth in heaven?
Even if I don't go to heaven, and a large part of humanity does, I don't think the proportion of dentists going would be higher than average.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on May 29, 2011, 05:16:45 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 29, 2011, 01:57:39 AM
Sure sign of the end times: when people look forward to going to the dentist.  

This makes no sense to me, shouldn't I put off dental work because I'll get new shiny teeth in heaven?
Even if I don't go to heaven, and a large part of humanity does, I don't think the proportion of dentists going would be higher than average.

Well, I'm not sure. But best to go to the dentist just in case.

Are there bacteria (even those that cause cavities) in heaven? Or did god create those things just for the world?

What about the bacteria that live in simbiotic relationships with us such as the ones that help us digest things in our guts? Do they go to heaven?

Or does god simply "fix" what he designed so intelligently once we get there?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on May 29, 2011, 01:44:15 PM

Well, I'm not sure. But best to go to the dentist just in case.

Are there bacteria (even those that cause cavities) in heaven? Or did god create those things just for the world?

What about the bacteria that live in simbiotic relationships with us such as the ones that help us digest things in our guts? Do they go to heaven?

Or does god simply "fix" what he designed so intelligently once we get there?

It's quite simple really, sinful bacteria won't be allowed into heaven, not unless it repents and does something useful like make yoghurt.

Cecilie

Classic rock on a Sunday. Heaven.

The Black Jester

Finding an apartment or home rental in Santa Fe, NM.  My wife and I are moving there in August.

Sigh.

I will miss NYC.  Greatly.
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com