Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: Cecilie on May 15, 2011, 01:49:32 PM
Quote from: Tank on May 15, 2011, 01:43:35 PM
Quote from: Cecilie on May 15, 2011, 01:38:30 PM
Quote from: Tank on May 15, 2011, 01:36:59 PM
Quote from: Cecilie on May 15, 2011, 01:32:49 PM
I'm not trying to fix it. I just wish they'd shut up about it.
Stop listening to them and tell them to stop whining like a couple of five year olds.
Will do.
Ok. Where's the catch? That's the first time I ever recall you agreeing with me! Now I'm getting worried  ;)
When have I ever disagreed with you?

I remember you disagreeing with Tank when he said you were older and living away from home to attend college,,, and other stuff I don't remember.  And it's perfectly alight to start a sentence with "I remember" and end it with "I don't remember," but only if you are a borderline troll, it's a cultural thing.

Cecilie

Quote from: The Magic Pudding on May 15, 2011, 02:41:30 PM
Quote from: Cecilie on May 15, 2011, 01:49:32 PM
Quote from: Tank on May 15, 2011, 01:43:35 PM
Quote from: Cecilie on May 15, 2011, 01:38:30 PM
Quote from: Tank on May 15, 2011, 01:36:59 PM
Quote from: Cecilie on May 15, 2011, 01:32:49 PM
I'm not trying to fix it. I just wish they'd shut up about it.
Stop listening to them and tell them to stop whining like a couple of five year olds.
Will do.
Ok. Where's the catch? That's the first time I ever recall you agreeing with me! Now I'm getting worried  ;)
When have I ever disagreed with you?

I remember you disagreeing with Tank when he said you were older and living away from home to attend college,,, and other stuff I don't remember.  And it's perfectly alight to start a sentence with "I remember" and end it with "I don't remember," but only if you are a borderline troll, it's a cultural thing.

Well, that was just because it was untrue.
The world's what you create.

KDbeads

Lets see.... what's on my mind today?
I hate painting
I hate pulling carpet
I hate painting
I hate prepping for painting
I hate painting
I hate toilet repairs
I hate painting
I hate carpenter ants
I hate painting

I need a long hot bath, a heavy duty muscle relaxer and a comfortable bed..........  But no, I'm sitting here eating my dinner about 4 hours late while taking a break from installing carpet termination strips on the areas of carpet that aren't being pulled.  All to start over again with the outside painting and the remainder of the external repairs in say 9 or 10 hours.  I'm bruised from head to toe all for the sake of prepping this house to be sold.  Did I mention I hate painting?
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

Tank

Quote from: KDbeads on May 16, 2011, 04:18:14 AM
Lets see.... what's on my mind today?
I hate painting
I hate pulling carpet
I hate painting
I hate prepping for painting
I hate painting
I hate toilet repairs
I hate painting
I hate carpenter ants
I hate painting

I need a long hot bath, a heavy duty muscle relaxer and a comfortable bed..........  But no, I'm sitting here eating my dinner about 4 hours late while taking a break from installing carpet termination strips on the areas of carpet that aren't being pulled.  All to start over again with the outside painting and the remainder of the external repairs in say 9 or 10 hours.  I'm bruised from head to toe all for the sake of prepping this house to be sold.  Did I mention I hate painting?
Is this at your new house or didn't you get to move in the end?
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Cecilie

Turns out there's a cavity in my tooth, so I'm eating cake for breakfast! Happy May 17th!

Tank

I too need to go to the dentist :(
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: KDbeads on May 16, 2011, 04:18:14 AM
I hate carpenter ants

Carpenter ants sound useful, more useful than fire ants or crazy ants or bum biter ants.
If only you could learn to channel their creativity, it would benefit both you and the ant.

Asmodean

Quote from: Cecilie on May 17, 2011, 06:09:19 AMHappy May 17th!
Yes. Happy that, everybody.

Me, I have to work today  :-\
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Cecilie

Quote from: Asmodean on May 17, 2011, 08:57:09 AM
Quote from: Cecilie on May 17, 2011, 06:09:19 AMHappy May 17th!
Yes. Happy that, everybody.

Me, I have to work today  :-\
That sucks dude. Make sure to eat lots of ice cream and hot dogs anyway!

Tank

I went to Ikea today. Unfortunately it didn't have what I was looking for; which was inspiration!

fester30

I was recently placed into a position at work to supervise young Airmen after more than 3 years being basically my own boss.  I am very excited about this move.  Too many supervisors in today's Air Force focus too much on work life, and don't take an interest in their Airmen's total lives.  A lot of these kids are fresh out of high school, sheltered, with no idea how the world works, and zero street smarts.  They have good hearts and want to work hard and do well for their country and favorably represent their families, they just need positive guidance.  I liked my former job, but I haven't been this content at work in a long time.

Tank

Quote from: fester30 on May 17, 2011, 11:37:44 AM
I was recently placed into a position at work to supervise young Airmen after more than 3 years being basically my own boss.  I am very excited about this move.  Too many supervisors in today's Air Force focus too much on work life, and don't take an interest in their Airmen's total lives.  A lot of these kids are fresh out of high school, sheltered, with no idea how the world works, and zero street smarts.  They have good hearts and want to work hard and do well for their country and favorably represent their families, they just need positive guidance.  I liked my former job, but I haven't been this content at work in a long time.

That sound potentially very rewarding indeed, good luck!

Tom62

My wife and I bought a house yesterday. So today, we wonder how to finance it (and where to place all our stuff  :)). We will move in 11 months from now.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

The Magic Pudding

I've been wondering if this hat would suit me.

I do need some new hats, I really only have my usual one and this one I keep for solemn occasions.

and my Xmas one

Tank