News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fester30

Bulls vs. Hawks game 3.  I have my beer, pizza, and I'm wearing my underwear backwards and inside-out like I did accidentally when the Bulls won game 2, so I'm all set!

Update:  It worked!  Bulls win!  I'm very proud of the role I played in bringing this about.  I'm satisfied with being the reason this happened.

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: fester30 on May 07, 2011, 12:11:59 AM
Bulls vs. Hawks game 3.  I have my beer, pizza, and I'm wearing my underwear backwards and inside-out like I did accidentally when the Bulls won game 2, so I'm all set!

Update:  It worked!  Bulls win!  I'm very proud of the role I played in bringing this about.  I'm satisfied with being the reason this happened.

Well that's OK
But I don't want to hear about you wearing your underpants backwards and inside out for evil.

Cecilie

Narrow eyes and contact lenses do not go well together. Been wearing glasses all year up until now and everything seems smaller while wearing glasses, so seeing things in their actual size is weird. My hands are so big!
The world's what you create.

TeresaBenedicta

I gave a talk tonight... that everyone enjoyed... but seemed to have missed the entire point.   :-\
All men by nature desire to know. -Aristotle

The study of philosophy does not mean to learn what others have thought but to learn what is the truth of things. -St. Thomas Aquinas

Illbethewriter

Why is it that in Ben Hur a tear was brought to my eye when he looked into the eyes of Jesus when he falls over and can't carry his cross anymore? Why as an atheist do I feel sentimental towards 'Christ'? Maybe I'm just being human and don't want to see anyone nailed to a cross..
"On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives [...] on a mote of dust suspended on a sunbeam." - Carl Sagan

The Magic Pudding

Cecilie's Avatar/billboard isn't conveying its intended message in its reduced pixel format.
All I see now is Jesus Listens.
Don't be to quick in thinking ill of me, only a caring friend/scheming sociopath/borderline troll would alert you to this.

fester30

Quote from: Cecilie on May 07, 2011, 06:11:11 AM
Narrow eyes and contact lenses do not go well together. Been wearing glasses all year up until now and everything seems smaller while wearing glasses, so seeing things in their actual size is weird. My hands are so big!

Most guys like women with small hands. 

The Magic Pudding

Quote from: fester30 on May 07, 2011, 05:09:08 PM

Yes quite right.
I've heard of some large handed woman opening their own jars.
I ask you, how can the social order survive without staunching such aberrations?

Cecilie

Quote from: fester30 on May 07, 2011, 05:09:08 PM
Quote from: Cecilie on May 07, 2011, 06:11:11 AM

Is that relevant?

The Magic Pudding

fester30

Not much that I say really is relevant.  I often don't have a point to my ramblings.  It's part of my charm (or lack thereof).

Cecilie

Well, this was my big achievement of the day.

Illbethewriter

I'm disgusted by some of the comments on Radio 2 and Loose Women regarding ladies dressing 'provocatively'.
How dare people (men and women) say that girls are asking to be raped or sexually assaulted by wearing short skirts and low cut tops. It's insulting to both men and women - assuming men have no control over their lust and that women are to blame for a few power-hungry sickos who choose to prey on them.

If a man is setting out to stalk and rape women he's going to do it no matter what they're wearing. And if a man gets the wrong idea by way of flirting, at the end of the day 'no means no'.

I've been out flirting with guys plenty of times, but I've never gone to bed with anyone as a result (in fact I've only slept with one person, and I made him wait 6 months and I'm still with him 4 and a half years later - but that's should be neither here nor there).

I wear short skirts and low cut tops (not together) because they look nice on me. Just the same as a pair of jeans may look nice on me or my earrings or boardshorts. I have nice legs (even if I do say so myself) so what is the problem with wearing a mini skirt? Also, if we're talking about dressing provocatively to go to clubs, it's hot in clubs! It's bloody boiling if you're wearing a pair of jeans!
I know you're not meant to post controversial topics here - but this is more of a vent rather than a discussion establishment.

Grrrr!
"On it everyone you love, everyone you know, everyone you ever heard of, every human being who ever was, lived out their lives [...] on a mote of dust suspended on a sunbeam." - Carl Sagan

Will37

Quote from: Illbethewriter on May 07, 2011, 03:36:44 PM
Maybe I'm just being human and don't want to see anyone nailed to a cross..

Obviously you've never been to Charleston.
'Out of a great number of suppositions, shrewd in their own way, one in particular emerged at last (one feels strange even mentioning it): whether Chichikov were not Napoleon in disguise'
Nikolai Gogol--> Dead Souls

'Коба, зачем тебе нужна моя смерть?'
Николай Иванович Бухарин-->Letter to Stalin

'Death is not an event in life: we do not live to exp

Whitney

temporarily killed the forum when trying to update the admin email info on the SMF settings....obviously is fixed now. :)