News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

What's on your mind today?

Started by Steve Reason, August 25, 2007, 08:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: Tank on April 30, 2011, 05:48:18 PM
Quote from: The Magic Pudding on April 30, 2011, 05:42:22 PM
Where's Cecilie?
The family is no way near right without her.

I know I sent her an email yesterday and she hasn't replied yet  :-\
But she did come on the forum today, so we know she's alright, if quiet.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

The Black Jester

Just turned 40 today, so lots of mortal thoughts.
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

"Confederation of the dispossessed,
Fearing neither god nor master." - Killing Joke

http://theblackjester.wordpress.com

Cecilie

Where's Cecilie?

Was I supposed to reply to that e-mail? I'm here though, just not in the posting mood I guess.
The world's what you create.

Cecilie

Quote from: The Black Jester on May 01, 2011, 05:09:19 PM
Happy birthday! I don't think 40 is old, which should mean something coming from a 17 year old.

The Black Jester

Quote from: Cecilie on May 02, 2011, 04:23:04 PM
Quote from: The Black Jester on May 01, 2011, 05:09:19 PM
Happy birthday! I don't think 40 is old, which should mean something coming from a 17 year old.

Well, thank you very much for your kindness!  That's definitely helpful.  Hope you are well!
The Black Jester

"Religion is institutionalised superstition, science is institutionalised curiosity." - Tank

KDbeads

I'm guessing here but I think and older friend of mine threatening to streak through the sand and wind and smoke out near her house at high noon upset the weather......  IT RAINED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  OMFG it rained.  Only got an inch and a bit here in town so far but up where she's at they got almost 4 inches!

And now it's freezing ass freaking cold.  Not even 50.  Just Saturday it was 100.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams

Lizarda

right now.....gagging for a takeaway and concerned about my work hand in date for my course....which marks Friday the 13th....i wonder if i should get my axe out this time  :P
"was it a big bang, or was there nothing else to drown out the noise" - Karl Pilkington

Tank

Quote from: Cecilie on May 02, 2011, 04:21:50 PM
Where's Cecilie?

Was I supposed to reply to that e-mail? I'm here though, just not in the posting mood I guess.

No need to reply to the email. Just feeling parentally protective and I have no idea why!
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Ihateyoumike

Quote from: Lizarda on May 02, 2011, 09:08:24 PM
right now.....gagging for a takeaway and concerned about my work hand in date for my course....which marks Friday the 13th....i wonder if i should get my axe out this time  :P

What?....
I've read this message about 20 times and still have no idea what it means...
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

Ihateyoumike

About the forum:
I miss the active topics button. Also, the dancing banana.
I like the idea of the kudos button, but it's clearly broke if it took until now for someone to give Asmodean a kudo. I mean, I can't be the only one who likes the guy?
Whitney.... Thanks for all you do keeping this place going. I freaked out a bit when I wasn't able to access the forum for those few days.

About life:
I've had a really bad headache that hasn't gone away for about 2 weeks now. Every once in a while it pops into migraine status. Then last night, I apparently passed out in the kitchen... or at least that's what I assume happened when I woke up on the floor with half my face wet from the puddle of drool and my daughter standing over me saying, "I heard a noise... why are you sleeping on the kitchen floor?" She thought it was funny- Me: Not so much. I'd go to the doctor, but I'm already getting paychecks garnished for medical bills past, and it's just too damn expensive. Sure wish I had some medical insurance. If my employer (Wal-Mart sadly, gonna be somewhere else as soon as I can find something else) weren't such an evil money-sucking asswipe of a corporation, maybe they could provide me with insurance, or at least affordable options.
So anyway, yeah... I'm kinda nervous now. I hope something's not fucked up in my cranium.
Prayers that need no answer now, cause I'm tired of who I am
You were my greatest mistake, I fell in love with your sin
Your littlest sin.

Lizarda

Quote from: Ihateyoumike on May 03, 2011, 07:33:49 PM
Quote from: Lizarda on May 02, 2011, 09:08:24 PM

What?....
I've read this message about 20 times and still have no idea what it means...

lol, i was very hungry for a pizza from the take away and at the same time i have been worrying about the handing in all my work at uni, then went to to say that the date of hand in marks Friday the 13th, so made a little joke

but now iv explained it, you have now made me ruin the joke lol :P not that its much of one anyway haha
"was it a big bang, or was there nothing else to drown out the noise" - Karl Pilkington

Cecilie

Quote from: Ihateyoumike on May 03, 2011, 08:01:12 PM
About the forum:
I'm glad the dancing banana is gone. I hate that thing.

Tank

Quote from: Cecilie on May 03, 2011, 08:09:46 PM
About the forum:
I'm glad the dancing banana is gone. I hate that thing.

Oh we can do a lot better than a dancing banana!

The Black Jester

About life:
I've had a really bad headache that hasn't gone away for about 2 weeks now. Every once in a while it pops into migraine status. Then last night, I apparently passed out in the kitchen... or at least that's what I assume happened when I woke up on the floor with half my face wet from the puddle of drool and my daughter standing over me saying, "I heard a noise... why are you sleeping on the kitchen floor?" She thought it was funny- Me: Not so much. I'd go to the doctor, but I'm already getting paychecks garnished for medical bills past, and it's just too damn expensive. Sure wish I had some medical insurance. If my employer (Wal-Mart sadly, gonna be somewhere else as soon as I can find something else) weren't such an evil money-sucking asswipe of a corporation, maybe they could provide me with insurance, or at least affordable options.
So anyway, yeah... I'm kinda nervous now. I hope something's not fucked up in my cranium.

Jesus, it sucks being poor in this country.  This just makes me angry, that someone should have to be in this position.  Particularly since your condition could very well be serious.  If there's any way to see a doctor, go to a free clinic, or otherwise get checked-out, please do.  This could indicate a serious neurological problem, among other difficulties.
The Black Jester

KDbeads

About life:
Check your blood pressure ASAP!!!!!!  And check it several times a day.  It could be dropping and causing you to pass out or it could be high and starting toward a stroke.  Not something to screw with.  See if you can find a free clinic or another type of cheap clinic that can get you a script if it's too high.  If they can give you the right generic it'll cost you 10 for 3 month supply at wally world.
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. - Douglas Adams